Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

hello

#1 User is offline   spiral 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Just joined after lurking on this forum for a while. I have read GOTM and about half of DG I stopped reading DG because the gap between GOTM and DG was too much so I decided to read from my to read pile for a while. Now I'm ready again and I think I'll skip GOTM and start DG again, not sure though I have a week or so to decide, thats how long I'll be finishing off the trilogy I'm reading.
Nice forum by the way

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Welcome!
While i think DG is entirely worth the read, you could jump to MoI, which follows more closely on the end of GotM, then once you are hopelessly addicted, wowed, amazed and horrified, go back and read DG. You don't need to have read DG to follow MoI, as the two stories are parallel.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

I would hold on and read DG before starting MOI, Abyss is right in saying that MOI is more of a direct sequel, there are characters in GOTM that have stories in DG that might confuse you if you don't understand where they have disappeared to when you get to MOI... But its up to you really. I think it is definitely worth reading in the right order. Plus, the Chain of Dogs story is astonishing!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Annyong!

Agree with Tiste, although it's definitely easy to read MoI without reading DG first.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#5 User is offline   spiral 

• Recruit

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thanks,

I'll decide over the next few days about GotM, in any case I'll read DG again from the start beofre MoI. I enjoyed book one and the half of book two that I got through. No doubt I'll have plenty of questions along the way and thats where this forum will come in. No doubt about it this series is huge in every sense. Looking forward to it all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users