Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quick Ben and Sorry Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Quick Randy Adaephon Delat 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Just started my first reread of the series, and boy am I loving it. The first time through was kind of like learning a new language as I went, and now that I know the language, I understand so much more of the conversation.

Removed rest of post cause I'm an idiot. Sorry all.

Reinserted your question, and move the thread to the proper forum. ~Bubba

My question is this, in DoD when Quick Ben meets Bugg/Mael, he recognizes almost instantly who it is. In GotM, Quick is around Sorry/Cotillion for years, and doesn't realize that she is possessed by Cotillion. Do you think its because he is only possessing her and not there in body? Maybe because Mael is eldur so more distinguishable(is that a word)? Or has Quick evolved over the books? Just curious what you all think

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Argh dude, don't post spoilers from the end of the series in the first book's forum!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

View PostQuick Randy Adaephon Delat, on 27 April 2010 - 04:51 PM, said:

Just started my first reread of the series, and boy am I loving it. The first time through was kind of like learning a new language as I went, and now that I know the language, I understand so much more of the conversation.

My question is this, in DoD when Quick Ben meets Bugg/Mael, he recognizes almost instantly who it is. In GotM, Quick is around Sorry/Cotillion for years, and doesn't realize that she is possessed by Cotillion. Do you think its because he is only possessing her and not there in body? Maybe because Mael is eldur so more distinguishable(is that a word)? Or has Quick evolved over the books? Just curious what you all think.

Like Illy says this is not a topic for GotM. You should had posted this question in the DOD forum. GotM discussions should be about GotM and nothing else. Any information from later books should be taken up in that books forum.

But to answer your question. GotM is a wonky book. It was written ten years before the rest of the series took of. As such some of the lore and magical mechanics are inconsistent. Like the Hounds being a thousand years old, Tayschren not knowing who and what Rake is, Tools crazy magical warren, etc. Don't think too much about it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users