• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"something to show you"

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

I found it real interesting that right before the unbound ambush, it seems like Heboric gets the same heads up message that he got before running the gauntlet in DHG. "Something to show you"...Both situations involve flies. And I am not alltogether sure who or what is warning him. In DHG I was under the impressionnit was hood showing him that Fener had indeed not abandoned him. Not sure what is going on in BH.
Either way, I was a little dissapointed that while ghost hands could stop a sword swing from Karsa and throw him like a rag doll, yet he could even remotely put up a fight and even damage one unbound. Oh well.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   Red King 

• Mortal Sword of Dissembrae

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

It is relatively disappointing, but, that's how Erikson roles. All about having some demise that just makes to do angry that you( and i mean me) yell out loud how stupid that was and get really flustered and angry that something like that occurred. Then it comes around that its somewhat realistic with the fact that death isn't very glorious, its just that, death. So, terrible things happening to Heboric was just something in the making. And if you think about it, the Unbound are powered by Chaos now, not Tellan. If it was their normal magic fueling them, the outcome would of been different, but Chaos is such an overly intense power that its hard to combat. Karsa, he just has his crazy strength and his magic deadening effect, but what can ya do really, except sit back and enjoy the ride.

- Ultor
'The locals believe Coltaine ascended, Nether. The new Patron of Crows-'
'Fools. Wickans do not ascend. We just ... reiterate.'

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

i always thought it was a ghost whispering at him or something. and he knew karsa was gonna come after him, the unbound came a complete surprise apart from the "something to show you" bit. pretty sweet little passage anyway
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   DarkFox 

• Mage of High House Chaos
  • Interests:Soccer, Badminton, Science, Electronics, and Wilderness survival, as well as fantasy books
  • I'm interested in about anything. and the only people i don't like are inconsiderate or selfish assholes. :)

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Heboric was remembering what he was told when you first met him. he was remembering it cuz of all the flies right? it was a heads up for him, but too late:(
faith is a belief beyond belief, a reason beyond reasoning, the strongest strength, the purest love. it is the single driving force beyond contestation, it starts before understanding and finally, ends on the tomorrow ever coming.

#5 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

It seemed to me like he remembered in time but just decided to die.
-

#6 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

View PostHigh Mage Quick Ben, on 03 June 2010 - 09:11 PM, said:

It seemed to me like he remembered in time but just decided to die.

i don't think so. he's flying through the air when they cut him into pieces. doesn't sound like a man who decided to die.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#7 User is offline   DarkFox 

• Interests:Soccer, Badminton, Science, Electronics, and Wilderness survival, as well as fantasy books
  • I'm interested in about anything. and the only people i don't like are inconsiderate or selfish assholes. :)

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

lol, sounds like a man who decided to fly!!!
faith is a belief beyond belief, a reason beyond reasoning, the strongest strength, the purest love. it is the single driving force beyond contestation, it starts before understanding and finally, ends on the tomorrow ever coming.

#8 User is offline   Wampyry 

• High Fist

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Heboric did not have a chance. When he realized that the flies were a warning he began to jump off his horse. Swirling dust and one Unbound chopped off his arm; while, simultaneously, a second unbound stabbed him in the chest and virtually cut him in half. The irony is that the unbound did not want Heboric, he was merely a nuisance that had to be disposed of.

#9 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

Well, ambush is the term of importance. Anyone, regardless of his or her power, can die in an ambush - it's not a fair fight. I think even Rake would have gone down if he hadn't sensed something was wrong.

Flies could be Hood's dry humor. :laughing:

This post has been edited by Harvester: 06 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

#10 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

I think with Rake though or any powerful magic user, they can sense people easily. Also it seemed Heboric might have some abbility to sense it sooner being a destraint and everything, but he didn't so I guess not. It seems like T'lan Imass could have amazing potential, going over walls and stuff and just appearing.
-

#11 User is offline   DarkFox 

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Heboric probly could too. but he was so lost in his own thoughts. distracted by his own morbid depressed torturing of himself.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users