Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Greetings from Furion

#1 User is offline   Furion 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hello, Malazan Empire! Looking forward to great times here. Specifically, I'm registering to enjoy intelligent discussions of this series with great people.

I'm just a simple guy who loves Erikson's books, having read all 9 of the main novels and NoK. I've preordered RoTCG.

I've had moderate exposure to the fantasy genre, having read G.R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, LOTR, several Dragonlance books, and quite a bit of Terry Brooks. I've also read David Edding's Belgariad and Mallorean, Dune, Patrick Rothfuss's Name of the Wind, etc.

In my opinion, MBotF blows everything else out of the water. Has its flaws of course (Martin has deeper characters, for instance), but taken as a whole the series is simply better than everything else. It's almost a mystery to me as to why Erikson hasn't gotten as much attention as Martin or Jordan. Almost.

If anyone is curious about non-Malazan related things about me, I:
  • am studying biomedical engineering
  • play WoW
  • enjoy anime and manga on the side (but don't do cons or cosplay)

And that's all I feel like sharing. You'll be seeing me around, and I hope to join in on several discussions tomorrow in the Toll board. Or maybe DoD. I haven't decided yet.
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath,
to spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.
May you shelter in the palm of the Creator"s hand, and may the last embrace of the Mother welcome you home.

#2 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Welcome.
Oh, me and my endless folly!

#3 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

View PostFurion, on 09 April 2010 - 05:48 AM, said:

I'm registering to enjoy intelligent discussions of this series with great people.

Why would you seek that here?! :blink:

Welcome. Drop by the big introduction thread in the Phoenix Inn too!

This post has been edited by Gothos: 09 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

Glad to see another new member!

Hope you get your some great discussion about the books going, too.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

MOar brainzzzzzz...

Ummm, i mean... uh, ...'welcome'...

- Abyss, wasn't doing anything suspicious with that chisel.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users