Malazan Empire: Malazan March Madness - Possible Spoilers! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan March Madness - Possible Spoilers! Championship!

Poll: Who is the Malazan March Madness Champion? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the Malazan March Madness Champion?

1. Gothos (13 votes [29.55%])

Percentage of vote: 29.55%

2. Anomander Rake (31 votes [70.45%])

Percentage of vote: 70.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   mudhawg 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

Here we are, at the Championship match! Gothos pulled off a one vote nailbiter against Shadowthrone, while Rake managed to overcome Dancer by a fair margin.

Before I get into the matchup, I just want to say it has been a lot of fun, and I hope everyone participating has enjoyed it as much as I have. I think we're about to find out who the baddest character in this series is.

Our first participant does not get a lot of face time in the series, but from what we have seen is a true legend. His main asset is his magic. The man froze a continent, trapping souls in time and not allowing them a visit to Hood. So mage power, check. I have to also believe he is a pretty smart guy, currently acting as guardian of an azath house, biding his time. Of course, I could be wrong, because I don't think much has been mentioned of his actual aims.

Then we have Anomander Rake. Rake walked up to an elder god, stole his sword, then trapped the god inside his own creation. He hung out with hotties such as Spite and Envy. He made best friends with his buddy Brood, and cruised around the world in his hijacked k'chain chemaille flying fortress. He traded fireballs with the likes of tayschrenn, nightchill, bellurdan, tattersail and others, all at the same time. He went to a costume party dressed as himself. He's such a genius, he planned to save the world and restore the power of dark by offing himself through manipulation of the greatest swordsman in the world. Oh, and he can shapeshift into a magic breathing dragon any time he wants.

Rake would have won any of the regions we placed him in. My vote's for Rake.

#2 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

View Postmudhawg, on 02 April 2010 - 12:29 AM, said:

Then we have Anomander Rake. Rake walked up to an elder god, stole his sword, then trapped the god inside his own creation. He hung out with hotties such as Spite and Envy. He made best friends with his buddy Brood, and cruised around the world in his hijacked k'chain chemaille flying fortress. He traded fireballs with the likes of tayschrenn, nightchill, bellurdan, tattersail and others, all at the same time. He went to a costume party dressed as himself. He's such a genius, he planned to save the world and restore the power of dark by offing himself through manipulation of the greatest swordsman in the world. Oh, and he can shapeshift into a magic breathing dragon any time he wants.

well when you put it that way...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#3 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

Gothos is a chump, says I.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:47 AM

If Rake gets Dragnipur or Vengeance, hands down. If he doesn't, I'd still err on the side of him being the victor, as, iirc, he is the one person Gothos truly respected, as at TtH. That says a FUCKLOAD, imo.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

Yeah, I have to agree with Silencer. Gothos respects only one person and that is Rake. Of course it could very wel be because Rake isclever, just or whatever else you want, bu I also think he sort of implied that he is more powerful than him. But then, that could be me reading too much between the lines. Voted Rake.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#6 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

Voted for meself, 'cause, you know... someone had to. :)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#7 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

Don't you know that voting for yourself is considered uncool? :)

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 02 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#8 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

polititians do it all the time, everywhere, every time! so it's quite common.

I also don't really care :)

To be completely honest with ya lot, I'm quite amazed Gothos even made it to the final, since his lack of screen time probably doesn't make him very popular. And let's be truthful, the X vs Y polls rely a lot on fanboyism. I was expecting people forcing through a Quick Ben win somewhere along the way.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#9 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

Went Gothos, despite everything pointing me to the much more contrary. The way i figure it, Gothos was around before Rake came to Wu, and is still around doing.....well, whatever it is he does. I know, i really got nothing here......

#10 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

View PostGothos, on 02 April 2010 - 09:48 AM, said:

polititians do it all the time, everywhere, every time! so it's quite common.

And I'm glad they do. I don't want a president or any other elected official who doesn't believe he's more worthy than his opponent.

Anyway, voted for Rake.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users