Malazan Empire: April Fools: What did you do? - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

April Fools: What did you do? And did you get away with it?

#21 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:05 AM

Oh I would have banned him so hard if he actually came back.

#22 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

Ah come on Rodeo.

He's good fun for about a week.

Then ban him hard.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#23 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:35 AM

Banstick beatdown. Rodney King style.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

that's jealousy for being funnier right there, rodeo
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#25 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

Texted people I know a long nasty message at the end that read oh yeah youve been april fooled. Everyone feel for it. It's quite brutal.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#26 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

So... basically telling someone off and then saying Happy April Fools Day is a joke?

Count me out. I hate April Fools Day.

This post has been edited by H.D.: 02 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#27 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Nico, how did that work, surely they knew it was from you? How did it get anyone anyway if it told them at the end, are your friends in the habit of reading half of things and going off on one?
I AM A TWAT

#28 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

View PostCougar, on 02 April 2010 - 09:57 AM, said:

Nico, how did that work, surely they knew it was from you? How did it get anyone anyway if it told them at the end, are your friends in the habit of reading half of things and going off on one?

Judging by his behavior, did you need to ask this question?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#29 User is offline   Silannah 

• Possibly the Youngest Here
  • Interests:Sleep, Reading

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

I didn't do anything this year, but last year I had just gotten back from spring break in Germany. I managed to convince one of my friends that I had gained a German boyfriend on vacation, and she believed me for the whole day until my other friends and me finally told her.
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall...

#30 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

It's a preety long message :). Oh well it was good times a simple prank is usually the best type.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#31 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

I told people I had a job.

...Attached File  emot-gonk.gif (365bytes)
Number of downloads: 2
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#32 User is offline   Apsalar 

• Fist

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

I wasn't motivated enough to do anything. I even forgot to check out what was being done by people on the internet. I didn't fall for anything at least.

#33 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

Somebody created an event on our local council website saying that anyone that comes in today gets a free pizza.

Good one. The girl at the council who sorted it out for me was highly amused as was I.

If I catch the little scamps...I'll laugh once more as I behead them with something heavy and moderately sharp and chain the heads to my car and just drive

As for me I did precisely nout. i spend the year playing tricks on people, i take a break in April :)
souls are for wimps

#34 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:11 AM

So that's what you call "financial advice"? :p :)

This post has been edited by Shinrei: 03 April 2010 - 05:12 AM

You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#35 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

I have a very nice sound system in my classroom, including a powerful 12" subwoofer. I also have a high quality recording of a Saturn V rocket.

I unplugged the main speakers and played the recording--30 16-17 year-olds immediately dove under the tables thinking we were finally having the "big one" in southern California. I was laughing my ass off. Fortunately there were no panic attacks.

#36 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

View PostShinrei, on 03 April 2010 - 05:11 AM, said:

So that's what you call "financial advice"? :p :)

Good one :p I used to give financial advice...now I'm a pizza peddler. I love my job.

This post has been edited by Frookenhauer : 05 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

souls are for wimps

#37 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:31 AM

I never did send you those pizza menues, did I. :)
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#38 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Today I got my wife and one of my best friends.

I created an Email document confirming my admission to CCA, California college of the Arts with full bursuries. I'm pretty handy with document editing and managed to have that legit look Art schools go in for. I also had the admission letter undersigned by Ms Karla Ortiz! it was tough to sus out the fakeness.

My wife has always been a fan of my artwork. Not such a fan of me actually taking it up as an actual profession. She flipped out.

still waiting on more responses to the E-mail. my bro was onto me, I recruited him to add fuel to the flames!

;)
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#39 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

https://youtu.be/_Kj-4F8pWfk
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#40 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

Announced on the Fez book that I was going to burn down the menocentric maleocracy.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users