Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little Things Itty bitty ones Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hellian's Keg Lid 

• Shiksa Goddess
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

Apologies if any of these have been brought up earlier.

1 - Baudin - anyone else think he's possibly hiding in the bonehunters, or was, and was the one leaving the signs for Throatslitter? I was just thinking how Hood gave all his minions their tasks before he went all badass and turned the dragnipur wagon around :D

2 - Wolves of War - does anyone else think we'll see the enkaral spirit in the body of a Thelomen? I keep waiting for a champion who headbutts like Karsa but grunts.

I'll add a couple more later on, my mind just drew a complete blank.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

I wouldn't like it if the other secret Talon(s) in the army turn out to be one that we know. It is more interesting that there are people acting and events taking place out side the things we see. It creates the impression of a bigger world and cast.

#3 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Don't ask me who, when or where but I seem to remember a scene somewhere (might be Pearl and Lostara in HOC ?) standing over the remains of Baudin ? or was it Kulp ? Anyway I believe he is dead.

Many here await the return of crazy TTT / En'karal boy, he has got potential !
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#4 User is offline   Hellian's Keg Lid 

• Shiksa Goddess

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

I love a bigger world and cast, and wondered who else it could be too, was just something mulling in my mind :D

And wheee, would be funny to have the beast-hulk team up with Setoc & Perish at the end.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

View Postmasan, on 31 March 2010 - 07:53 PM, said:

Don't ask me who, when or where but I seem to remember a scene somewhere (might be Pearl and Lostara in HOC ?) standing over the remains of Baudin ? or was it Kulp ? Anyway I believe he is dead.

He died yes, but he was then chosen to be the Knight of Death.

We see him in MoI helping Murillo and Coll get the Mhybe into Hoods temple, I believe he is shown to be an undead Serdomin with swords permanently stuck to his hands. His memory is badly damaged but he remembers fire.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 31 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

#6 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

View PostAptorian, on 31 March 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

He died yes, but he was then chosen to be the Knight of Death.

We see him in MoI helping Murillo and Coll get the Mhybe into Hoods temple, I believe he is shown to be an undead Serdomin with swords permanently stuck to his hands. His memory is badly damaged but he remembers fire.

fix'd
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#7 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

View PostAptorian, on 31 March 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

He died yes, but he was then chosen to be the Knight of Shadow.

:D How the hell did I forget that ? Thank you Aptimus

I usually confuse him with Dassem in that scene from MoI for some reason. As for the Seerdomin I can't remember that, when does this scene happen ?

Edit Yeh ! Death not Shadow Apt, what's wrong with you :D

This post has been edited by masan's saddle: 31 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

You saw nothing.

I'm guessing the scene(s) take place towards the end of the book.

Murillo and Coll have taken the Mhybe back to Capustan I think and are trying to get some mojo to help her. They stumble upon Hoods temple where Baudin has been waiting for them as K'rull and Hood have made arrangements.

#9 User is offline   Hellian's Keg Lid 

• Shiksa Goddess

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Baudin is in one of the bodies of a Gidrath soldier who is unable to sleep, the guy gets a mention on one page by Gruntle I think, and then later finds Murillio and Coll with the Mhybe and starts his thing about not sleeping. And I know we don't want it to be him, but if it was, he could tell Tavore - hey, your sister :D

#10 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

To super-duper clarify: Yeah, Baudin is one of Rath'Hood's Gidrath. Him and another Gidrath are with the Grey Swords during the siege defending the palace after Prince Jelarkan gets eaten (the other Gidrath dies after a bit). Itkovian notes his weird burnished skin. Later Baudin is hunting B&KB and attacks them when they ambush Coll and Murillio with the intent of using the Mhybe. Baudin then takes them inside and later-on talks to Murillio/Coll about how he can't remember stuff before being a Gidrath but knows there was something before, how he can't let go of his swords, and doesn't like fire, and one of Coll or Murillio notes that maybe him being forgetful is a blessing as Baudin looks Malazan.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#11 User is offline   Hellian's Keg Lid 

• Shiksa Goddess

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

:D

MOAR CLARITEE!

Something else...

While I appreciate Stormy, Ges, the Brat Pack are now going with the KCCM to find the remnants of the Bonehunters, does anyone else feel like the Bonehunters might launch a salvo in advance should they see an approaching giant lizard army this time around?

#12 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

well that might cross their minds... but just how much firepower do you think they have left? i wager that they might try the, 'wait and see' tactic on that one. hopefully ges and stormy will be riding right up front anyway
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#13 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

You could get around that with Bottle's animal minions scouting the KCCM out and seeing his pals riding front and center.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users