• You cannot reply to this topic

"In the Way?" plagiarized from Lister of Smeg Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

In the Bonehunters, there is a scene where Grub is talking to Keneb. He says:

QUOTE She is not stupid, no. They are coming, to await the resurrection.
They will try to kill her. But that is wrong. She is our last hope. Our last hope.

This was just after Kalam and Quick had reported to Tavore about the presence of K'Chain Che'malle sky keeps in the Imperial Warren. So I assume the "they" refers to the KCCM? What resurrection are they waiting for? Perhaps they are related to Tiam in some way. And who are they trying to kill? Keneb assumed Grub was talking about Tavore, but I'm not sure. It sounds like they are waiting to kill the person that is resurrected.

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I am terribly sorry to have stolen all of this from a "Lister of Smeg" post from the bonehunters. But I am re-reading BH now and came across the "she is not stupid" line and wanted to see what the consensus was on the forums as far as what grub is talking about. On the Thread that Lister posted this noone really commented regarding it. So , the obviousl would be that he is talking about the short tails wanting to kill Otataral Dragon? Is it refering to the last Matron?

Surely it was not refering to Tavore. Maybe they were not just "In the way." Is it possible that they really were after Tavore3?
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

View Postfoolio, on 30 March 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

In the Bonehunters, there is a scene where Grub is talking to Keneb. He says:

QUOTE She is not stupid, no. They are coming, to await the resurrection.
They will try to kill her. But that is wrong. She is our last hope. Our last hope.

This was just after Kalam and Quick had reported to Tavore about the presence of K'Chain Che'malle sky keeps in the Imperial Warren. So I assume the "they" refers to the KCCM? What resurrection are they waiting for? Perhaps they are related to Tiam in some way. And who are they trying to kill? Keneb assumed Grub was talking about Tavore, but I'm not sure. It sounds like they are waiting to kill the person that is resurrected.

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I am terribly sorry to have stolen all of this from a "Lister of Smeg" post from the bonehunters. But I am re-reading BH now and came across the "she is not stupid" line and wanted to see what the consensus was on the forums as far as what grub is talking about. On the Thread that Lister posted this noone really commented regarding it. So , the obviousl would be that he is talking about the short tails wanting to kill Otataral Dragon? Is it refering to the last Matron?

Surely it was not refering to Tavore. Maybe they were not just "In the way." Is it possible that they really were after Tavore3?

I was thinking Tavore at first as well, but i totally agree with you that is most likely someone/something else. Tiam? The Otataral Dragon? The Eres'al lady that's Bottle's "helping hand"? Huh! Good mystery going on here.

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 30 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

#3 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

My view is that it sounds like the otataral dragon - being as she appears to be the one the elder gods (Erastas, Kilmandaros and Sechul Lath) are going after.
Of course it could be Tavore as well - but don't see any connection with resurrection there.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#4 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

View PostHetan, on 30 March 2010 - 08:49 PM, said:

My view is that it sounds like the otataral dragon - being as she appears to be the one the elder gods (Erastas, Kilmandaros and Sechul Lath) are going after.
Of course it could be Tavore as well - but don't see any connection with resurrection there.

Aren't those three EGs going to free the Otataral Dragon to unleash it on Wu, as opposed to killing it?

Nevermind, just read the initial post again. The talk was about killing the one resurrected. My bad! Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 31 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

#5 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

Or Sulkit...? Probably stupid idea, I know...
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#6 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

anything is possible. But I just thought it was kind of interesting that most of us assumed that, like many soldiers thought, that the Bonehunters "were just in the fucking way" as whats her name says to Tavore. Maybe we were all wrong and they were after Tavore. After all , we never got a NR POV.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users