Malazan Empire: Dragon Blood - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dragon Blood nom nom nom

#1 User is offline   Soulessdreamer 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Location:Hill of Bitter Memories, the City of Sails, in the Land of the Long White Cloud
  • Interests:Sword fighting, HEMA, roleplaying, reading (fantasy and sci fi), weapons and Gaming (PC and Xbox)

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

So lots of beings drank Tiams blood and became Soletaken Posted Image = Posted Image right?
But what of the blood of her children or contemperies? does tiam have contemperies?

Do you think if some one drank the blood of the Ottateral dragon for intance that they would become imune to magic?

TTFN
Imagine a world without such souls.
Yes, it should have been harder to do.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

There probably is some residual effect of being exposed to even a minor dragons blood. I don't know if you would turn into a real soletaken draconean if you drank, say Silannahs blood, but I'm sure you would get a power upgrade or something like that if it didn't kill you.

As far as we understand Tiam doesn't have "contemporaries" all though Olar Ethil sounds like she might be close to that. The descriptions of Tiam makes it sound like she is the first and that she the mother of all other dragons. But of course, this may just mean she is the Matron of a dynasty of dragons. There could be other lineages in other worlds that we don't know about.

The idea of drinking the O-dragons blood is very cool. I would like to see somebody try that.

#3 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

View PostAptorian, on 26 March 2010 - 07:24 AM, said:

There probably is some residual effect of being exposed to even a minor dragons blood. I don't know if you would turn into a real soletaken draconean if you drank, say Silannahs blood, but I'm sure you would get a power upgrade or something like that if it didn't kill you.

As far as we understand Tiam doesn't have "contemporaries" all though Olar Ethil sounds like she might be close to that. The descriptions of Tiam makes it sound like she is the first and that she the mother of all other dragons. But of course, this may just mean she is the Matron of a dynasty of dragons. There could be other lineages in other worlds that we don't know about.

The idea of drinking the O-dragons blood is very cool. I would like to see somebody try that.

So... you're saying that the Malazan books need more vampires? Curse this Twilight phenomenon - curse it and its moneymaking ludicrousness.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

View Postamphibian, on 26 March 2010 - 07:45 AM, said:

So... you're saying that the Malazan books need more vampires? Curse this Twilight phenomenon - curse it and its moneymaking ludicrousness.

Have you seen the series they've made? Vampire Diaries. It is like Twillight, only with American jocks and cheerleaders and a vampire who broods a lot.

I miss Buffy and Angel.

#5 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

Well, all joking I said (and I was a fan of the joking) I think Tiam's blood is probably somewhat unique, in that she revives herself after people drink her blood. So obviously there's some unique powers there. And even if veering ability is passed down generations later from her, I think hers is probably the only drinkable blood that turns someone soletaken.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users