Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nom Purge in Quon Tali

#1 User is offline   Jhenna 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:41 AM

I'm looking at a map of Quon Tali. Most everything rings a bell except the Nom Purge area. What do we know about the NW and who inhabits it?
What about the city Purage - do we have info on it?

#2 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

[url="http://encyclopediamalazica.pbworks.com/f/RGB-A3-Central-Malazan-Empire-Quon-Tal.jpg"]Here you go.[/url]

This post has been edited by Mischiefs' Folly: 23 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

Oh, me and my endless folly!

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

and we know next to nothing about nom purge. its next to fenn range so based on proximity there could be some fenn there. from RotCG we know that
Spoiler

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

In the conquest of Quon Tali continent Malaz forces "scoured" it under the command of Toc the Elder.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   Jhenna 

• Recruit

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

D, on 23 March 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

In the conquest of Quon Tali continent Malaz forces "scoured" it under the command of Toc the Elder.

Ah thanks. I haven't read RotCG yet so that's what I was missing. I just ordered it from Amazon so I'm looking forward to it.

I'll probably get this answered when I get the book but I know Quon was mentioned as a culture (Leuitenant Ranal and "his Quon blood the purest it could be; fair-skinned, fair-haired"), but what does Tali mean? Is that a separate culture? I just saw the word "Talian" and wondered what it represented. Its confusing, Quon Tali is a people, a city, and a continent?

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

Jhenna, on 24 March 2010 - 07:57 PM, said:

D, on 23 March 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

Ah thanks. I haven't read RotCG yet so that's what I was missing. I just ordered it from Amazon so I'm looking forward to it.

I'll probably get this answered when I get the book but I know Quon was mentioned as a culture (Leuitenant Ranal and "his Quon blood the purest it could be; fair-skinned, fair-haired"), but what does Tali mean? Is that a separate culture? I just saw the word "Talian" and wondered what it represented. Its confusing, Quon Tali is a people, a city, and a continent?

AFAIK:

There's the city Quon Tali and the continent Quon Tali. That's simple enough. Then, before the Malazan Empire conquered the continent, there was the city-state/nation Quon Tali, who's capital city was Quon Tali-the-city and who more or less ruled and dominated everything between Valan, Arath, High Postern and such. After the Malazan Empire conquered the continent, there is also Quon Tali-the-province, referring to the same region as the former city-state/nation. The military governor of the province is a Fist of the 4th army and, of course, has his chief garrison in Quon Tali-the-city. Quon Tali-the-people would be referring to the people most directly descended of Quon Tali-the-city-state and its nobles or majority-class.

Pretty much any and all of these different Quon Talis can be abbreviated as 'Quon' or 'Talian', so plenty of confusion certainly abounds.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users