• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 59 (spoilers) Nightwatch

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

Galayn Lord, on 23 March 2010 - 02:17 PM, said:

so your saying i would not have been able to kill him with one shot?

Must have had a bp!

i'm just saying, you used both kills, as per your prov.

whether or not it was overkill, I obviously can't say.

Serc, on 23 March 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 23 March 2010 - 02:10 PM, said:

sigh
once again, you messed with someone you shouldn't have.

you've been incapacitated from acting for 2 nights
-ment

Bleh. Ok, so Osseric is obviously a high level player. The real question now whether he's on my team or not... Assuming there were two Nightwatch at the start of the game, I still have no idea who the other one might be. Judging by Eloth's level there's a good chance Oss might be inquisition. Not sure how to go from here though.

i'd suggest surviving, lol
-ment

imho, people are too worried about their actions.

as much as it hurts me to say it, teh Dude is rigth on the money

Osseric, on 23 March 2010 - 06:30 PM, said:

hehehehhee so I am really throwing all my eggs in the GL= Leader basket. Basically went on thread saying I didn't think GL was a leader and we should focus elsewhere. Hopefully this wil keep GL of my back as a recruit, because, why recruit someone that is already pulling for you, gives him good culpability if I get lynched and don't come up NW. AND more importantly, it is a signal to his other recruits, that I am a recruit as well, and that they should focus on someone else besides me as I am not a danger to their leader.

Ugh, i am usually one to hedge my bets, but I am going balls to the wall here. scary.

If Gl turns out to be a level 1 inquisitor... dammit. but I just can't see that as Eloth was all over him. Why else would my NK on GL not have gone through? as a level 1 no one can perform an action on me unless it is a powered up, save a NA, action. Therefore I couldnt have been guarded, and healing abilities in a Merc game are broken. GL has to be the leader...right??? right?!?!?!?!

Another side effect, if i do Kill GL in 2 days, and he comes up the leader of the NW, then if anyone points out that I supported him, then clearly they haven't been recruited, or are a inquisitor. This will give me some direction on what I want to do with my NA's.

So there is my plan. now that I have it laid out... I can pretty much guarantee that isn't how it's gonna work out...oh well, such is my Mafia instinct :lol:

Osseric, on 23 March 2010 - 07:48 PM, said:

OK after going over the thread:

Started out:

DW Lead: Me

NW Lead: GL

Inquisition: Eloth/Omtose

If there is a third inquisition, it's Shadow

All the rest RI's

Currently I think Gaylord has 2 Recruits: Serc and, probably Fener. (knowing DKT he probably wanted Vengy on his team)

There ya go, post it in Spoilers and let them laugh!

I think I am safe in assuming that I will be able to get a kill on GL. Last night, he had to have killed Eloth. So he is in the same boat I am. Worst case scenario... we kill each other on the same night. if thats the case, I think the inquisitors have it. damn!! hope DKT doesn't power up tonight!!!!!!!

...except for thinking Fener is Venge. HD did a great job of hiding Gamelon, though.

Ruse, on 23 March 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Hmmmm maybe there is something to this posting loads thing, im not getting any heat at all.
Why wont anyone recruit me :D its not like im hiding or anything :)

you know too much, lol
-ment
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

hmm

so, resolution time

Inquisition: Shadow can't Act

Day Watch
Osseric: foresee recruit Omtose (succeed)
no action (wants to take out GL)

D'riss-- still can't act

Night Watch
GL: foresee Kill D'riss (goes thru)
kill D'riss (success)

Serc: can't act

results: D'riss dies

-ment
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

hehe

Ruse, on 25 March 2010 - 01:53 PM, said:

Why will noone recruit me :wacko: i think ive made it fairly obvious im RI

#44 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

Figures I'd get knocked off by a leader. I was actually pretty bang on with some of my suspects too, which is surprising. Great game Ment, I'm just annoyed I couldn't kill anything. :wacko:
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#45 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:16 AM

you were a low-power player.

and I knda fucked up the whole "everyone gets to foresee" thing...

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

hmm, it's funny that right now NW has 2, DW has 1, and everyone's going crazy over how powerful the NW must be. esp considering that GL's about to be NK-ed by Osseric

Ruse, on 25 March 2010 - 08:50 PM, said:

Ok at the moment im definitely getting the feeling that Shadow, Gam and Osseric are on the same team

out of everyone else these are my guesses
Alkend-no idea
Omtose-Inquisitor
Fener-Inquisitor
GL-not sure (they could be rigth about him being a leader but im not sure)
Serc- Recruit of the team that isnt Shadow, Gam and Osseric

-ment

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Gamelon, on 25 March 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

Probable DW

GL - Possible leader

View PostGalayn Lord, on 25 March 2010 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostD, on 25 March 2010 - 09:15 AM, said:

View PostGalayn Lord, on 25 March 2010 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostGalayn Lord, on 25 March 2010 - 08:53 AM, said:

View PostD, on 25 March 2010 - 08:39 AM, said:

but why do you think he is more likely to be DW than NW, who haven't lost anyone?

Aaah...my bad.
Getting them mixed up again.

Most likely NW...

ever since the "Dark/light Other" thing was introduced its become a nightmare. :wacko:

wait now im confusing myself.

He is most likely DW because if he is NW (who have not lost anyone) then the inquisition would have taken him out to balance everything... no?

No, that's true. So I guess we could clear Shadow off the list of potential NW.

I dont know if its that cut and dry...but yea... i would be leaning towards that conclusion.
It all really depends on what the inquisition see, and we have no way of knowing how they make their decisions.

This conversation with D'riss who we know to have been DW.

Serc Probable recruit
Alkend - Probable recruit

Probable NW

Osseric - Possible leader
Ruse - Possible leader
Omtose - Probable recruit.
Fener - Not enough info

leave it up to Venge to get absolutely everything backwards
-ment

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

these two posts from the Inquisition convo... just for the irony

Shadow, on 25 March 2010 - 10:23 PM, said:

Also, while I know you've mentioned killing Fener a few times, I think he needs to live. He's clearly not a leader, otherwise by Day 3, his faction would clearly be out of balance. We were able to basically stop him until Night 3 and the factions remained in balance, so if he's anything, he's a member/recruit.

Gamelon, on 26 March 2010 - 02:12 AM, said:

Yeah your right... We need to figure out who Bent is and kill him... I guarantee that he is either a leader or a high level.

He posts from Tennessee so he is going to be someone we talk to during the day.

Ruse, GL, Osseric.... Those have been the ones who are online with us. Unfortunately I have never really been able to alt Bent....

Bent should feel the love..
-ment

#49 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

more groupings from Vengy:

Gamelon, on 26 March 2010 - 11:32 AM, said:

Definitely a group
Ruse
GL
Omtose

Second group
Osseric
Fener
Serc

Alkend??

and dkt's feeling the pressure

Galayn Lord, on 26 March 2010 - 09:18 AM, said:

Well with all the attention i have received from disinformation on the mods part :wacko:
I will surely get targeted by my opposing number.

I actually WANT to get lynched its the only thing that really could make the other watch leader second guess himself.

As for who i think the other leader is?

fucked if i know.
Im fairly confident that Omtose is my 2nd in command.

It could be fener, shadow, osseric or Game.
One of those...

As of this moment im leaning towards either Gamelon or Osseric though.

Alkend can go fuck himself if he is the other leader...i forgot he was even playing until yesterday when he was meant to be mod killed and wasnt so if he is he can have his hollow victory.

Galayn Lord, on 26 March 2010 - 09:32 AM, said:

I just wish serc and omtose would come on and attack me... they dont know i have a lynch bp but they are really not helping our cause by outing the whole NW in the event i am killed. If i die everyone will know serc and omtose are on my team and that will be that.

bah...maybe im wrong about omtose...

-ment

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

hmmm
so, for the upcomoing night

IUnquisition:
Shadow-?

NW:
GL-foresee kill Gamelon (fails)
no action

Serc-Still no action

DW:
Osseric-Foresee recruit Ruse (works)
Double KIll GL (WOrks)

need Shadow's action

#51 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

tiss a dull thread.. Still, the game is going well, and GL's death will be awesome.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

Shadow, on 26 March 2010 - 02:22 PM, said:

Kill Omtose and Alkend. :wacko:

Osseric, on 26 March 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

Change my NA.

Ruse voted Gl.. this is Worrying.

Question: I have my 2 moves now. If I use a double kill on GL, but he only needs 1 kill, will I still have my other one? Or is it wasted? OK here are my actions.

Forsee the future: recruit Gamelon.

Action Double kill Gaylord.

If he only requires 1 kill and I have 1 left over, Kill Ruse

This is my final, regardless of my forsee the future action, no need to hold up night for me.

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

Inquisition:
Shadows kills should succeed.
Alkend is lvl 6, Omtose is level 6.

DW:
Osseric kills GL, needs 2 actions.

NW:
Serc: no action.
GL is irrelevant, right?

#54 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 23 March 2010 - 12:24 PM, said:

Osseric, on 19 March 2010 - 03:55 AM, said:

Well, shit, my gambit worked... I got the other great one to kill... but he picked my recruit.. I hope they aren't on to me. And wow.. i ALWAYS mix up Morgy and tapper. I am the worst Alt guesser ever. Well, looks like I have some work to do.

Soooo if NW recruited night one, they have slightly more power that me, his level 5 vs. my level 6. D'riss is pretty low profile, so not to worried about him.

My real concern is that the inquisitors have killing powers, or that everytime fener is attempted to be lynched he gets a kill... meaning that the other Leader has 2 recruits. bahhhhh. not feelin to good about this atm. but its still early :wacko:

Osseric, on 20 March 2010 - 05:19 AM, said:

Ok, forsee the future of a recruit on Spite

this is why i\m not a fan of the convo PM system. it works great for te players, but it's a pain for the mods.
-ment

Could you elaborate on why this is? Perhaps we can do something about it...

Also, apologies for not having heaps of time to spend on thread. Got landed with two assignments and a test due yesterday, which wrecked my week. Would've asked for a modkill except for two things: kept thinking I'd have time to play, and I know that in these high TMDI games a modkill or two can fuck the balance all to hell, even the weak/RI players. :p

Also, pondering if Bent is to get a suspension from the site for a bit or not...figure he's cooled down enough now that it would be pretty sad to hit him with that once the game is over...

#55 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

[quote name='Alkend' date='26 March 2010 - 11:39 PM'

Also, pondering if Bent is to get a suspension from the site for a bit or not...figure he's cooled down enough now that it would be pretty sad to hit him with that once the game is over...
[/quote]
I'm not a mod by any means (and if you don't mind me saying, I think SH is the wrong place to discuss what should be a mod issue only, personally). However, as this was amongst old timers only, a tiny spat can be allowed, imho. Bent's usually the one who is also protective of new people, he has earned a bit of credit imho.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#56 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

Really good game, big thanks to the mods for running it.

#57 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

Is PB being for real? Does he really think there's a FM in the game? I don't know because we can't see P.M.'s. :p We should fix that, somehow.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#58 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:29 AM

hmm

so, how many of them are left?

1 DW, lvl 1
1 NW, lvl 5
2 Inquisitioners
Fener and Ruse-RIs

wow.

-ment

#59 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

Inquisition for the win!

However, Osseric is in damned good position. He knows now, I think, Gamelon is unrecruitable, so there's a double kill possibility.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#60 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:59 AM

Osseric only needs to kill Serc for the game though, and he figures he's NW anyway.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users