Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who is the spinner of death? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

So I'm on my first re-read of DoD and I just started on the deck reading.
The first words out of fid's mouth are that the table holds the KoS, MoD and the spinner of death.
KoS and MoD are easy, but who's the spinner? My instinctive guess was fid, but I remember him
Being connected somehow with the soldier of house life (correct me if I'm wrong). So my question stands: who is the spinner?

#2 User is offline   Forkrul Asshole 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think its been revealed yet. I'll take a stab in the dark though, and say grub.

#3 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

It can't be Grub. Grub was, IIRC, Sceptre or one of the Unalligned, anyway. BUt yeah, I don't blieve it has been revealed.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#4 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on 10 March 2010 - 05:50 PM, said:

It can't be Grub. Grub was, IIRC, Sceptre or one of the Unalligned, anyway. BUt yeah, I don't blieve it has been revealed.

Whoever he/she is, they're kinda a big deal to be given carte blanche with paran and trull!!

#5 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

spinner of death could be anyone or no-one, it may just refer to the fact that there's gonna be a lot of dying going on and that it's all part of somebody's plan (ST and Cot? The EGs? The CG?)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#6 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

I'm going to re-voice my crazy theory that the Spinner is Ardata. Spider Goddess would do a lot of 'spinning' don't you think? Spinning webs, spinning lies, etc. We also haven't heard a thing about her except for various mentions. It'd be neat for her to finally come out of the woodwork.

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

View PostRath, on 10 March 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

Whoever he/she is, they're kinda a big deal to be given carte blanche with paran and trull!!

Trull's dead. I'm thinking Knight of Shadow refers to his baby with Seren Pedac that is being guarded by Mael and the Gods of Drink during the reading.

Grub IS an unaligned as Sceptre.

As for Spinner of Death, the Errant is right outside and he spins people into death. Why not him? Or how about the Spider God, Ardata, who is AWOL? Could be lots of people. Interesting topic, for sure.

This post has been edited by H.D.: 10 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'm going to go with Wolf Girl. Wasn't there some reference to Hood/death taking interest in her? That's why Toc rendevoused with her/them, no?

#9 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

View PostAptorian, on 10 March 2010 - 08:20 PM, said:

I'm going to go with Wolf Girl. Wasn't there some reference to Hood/death taking interest in her? That's why Toc rendevoused with her/them, no?

Yeah setoc is a possibility. Ardata seems more likely though; I could see SE sneakily tying her spideriness in with the name of the card

#10 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

View PostH.D., on 10 March 2010 - 08:14 PM, said:

View PostRath, on 10 March 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

Trull's dead. I'm thinking Knight of Shadow refers to his baby with Seren Pedac that is being guarded by Mael and the Gods of Drink during the reading.

Grub IS an unaligned as Sceptre.

As for Spinner of Death, the Errant is right outside and he spins people into death. Why not him? Or how about the Spider God, Ardata, who is AWOL? Could be lots of people. Interesting topic, for sure.

I know trull is dead, but really what exactly does 'dead' mean in this series?:-P

#11 User is offline   cleantoe 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

What about Udinaas' son. Can't remember his name.

Seems like the dude is so powerful he'll be responsible for a lot of deaths, especially if gets the taste of Soultaken transformation into a dragon.

#12 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

View Postcleantoe, on 10 March 2010 - 11:13 PM, said:

What about Udinaas' son. Can't remember his name.

Seems like the dude is so powerful he'll be responsible for a lot of deaths, especially if gets the taste of Soultaken transformation into a dragon.

Oh yeah, rud ellalle. I forgot about him

#13 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

well where does a soul like trulls go? probably just straight into oblivion. ST wasn't gonna take his soul, and i don't think he would have gone to hoods gates. where else could an edur soul go but nowhere?

i think rhulad even mentions this in MT's at one point, though rhulad was a bit mad, he had knowledge from the CG that could lend credence to the idea that trull is deader than dead

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 10 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#14 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

Why wouldn't Hood take him? Perhaps he died too late to join the army of the dead on the march, but surely he would have gone to Hood's gates and been let in by the BB's, right? It's not like just humans go to that realm, Tulas Shorn was there as well.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#15 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:59 AM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 10 March 2010 - 11:23 PM, said:

well where does a soul like trulls go? probably just straight into oblivion. ST wasn't gonna take his soul, and i don't think he would have gone to hoods gates. where else could an edur soul go but nowhere?

i think rhulad even mentions this in MT's at one point, though rhulad was a bit mad, he had knowledge from the CG that could lend credence to the idea that trull is deader than dead

Lol I was just joking, trull is definitely for-real dead. SE would have left some kind of hint if it was any other way. Whether he went through Hood's gates or straight to oblivion, he is now somewhere where he cannot contact the mortal world in any way.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users