Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adjunt Tavore

#1 User is offline   JimmyBole 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:43 AM

This popped up in my head while I was reading DoD so I thought I'd ask here. When Laseen took over the empire didnt she cull all the old nobles and wasnt house Paran one of the ones targeted?. I have a really bad memory and should re-read all the books but I am so very lazy. I remember one of Ganoes sisters ending up in a mining camp. So why wasnt the entire family done away with? How did Ganoes end up a captain and Tavore an adjunct ? Or have I forgotten some very basic story line?

#2 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:45 AM

you're forgetting the DhG - house paran storyline. ganoes was already an officer before the cull. if memory serves, its actually him who in GotM tells lorn about the nobilities destructive inroads on the officer corps. then lorn dies and tavore steps up to the role and is kind of the one in charge of carrying out the cull, and while doing this, sends her sister to the mines so she doesn't seem soft on the nobles, fully intending to retrieve her after a short while, but as DhG tells us, things don't work out so nicely
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#3 User is offline   JimmyBole 

• Recruit

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:59 AM

Ahhh yes now it all comes back. Thank you very much for clearing that up :veryangry:

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Ganoes enlisted, drew Lorn's attention at the massacre in Itko Kan, and was promoted to Captain when he was assigned to the BBs. In theory he was supposed to be tracking Sorry and the rank was to facilitate that.

When the BBs and Dujek's Host were fake outlawed, the Paran family was disgraced. Tavore became Adjunct to, at least in theory, restore her family honor. By this point their parents were dead, and Paran was an outlaw, so Felisin became the sacrificial lamb. I assume there are an extended family of of aunts and uncles etc we never saw word of, because otherwise the family basically ended when Felisin was tossed to the mob (if we go with the whole 'the adjunct is no longer a person' thing Lorn had going in GotM).

I kind of wonder whether T'amber and the Eres'al weren't working in the background already by this point, pushing Tavore to move into a position of power.

- Abyss, t'rusts in SE, SE is g'ood, SE is g'reat...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

View PostAbyss, on 03 March 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

When the BBs and Dujek's Host were fake outlawed, the Paran family was disgraced. Tavore became Adjunct to, at least in theory, restore her family honor.

Said family honor mostly being based on loyalty to the Empress. Hence the disgrace when Paran became an outlaw. When Tavore became Adjunct she also betrayed a lot of confidential information on all the noble families, leading to the brutal execution of the culls.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users