• You cannot reply to this topic

TOR Collected Volume

#1 User is offline   Midnight 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:12 AM

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure which one to post in :laughing:

I was in Barnes and Noble today looking at the collection of the first three novellas and the order was Blood Follows, Lees of Laughter's end and the Healthy dead. I thought the publishing order was Blood Follows, Healthy Dead and Lees of Laughter's end....is this a mistake on Tor's part or is it the correct reading order?

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

The publishing order is indeed Blood Follows, Healthy Dead and then Less of Laughter's End. Chronologically in the story, it's a bit more dubious, but it's odd that they would order them out of publishing order, I agree.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

Everything I've ever read says Lees comes chronologically pretty much directly after Blood Follows. I'm glad to hear that Tor put them in this order.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:36 AM

Yeah, Lees comes chronologically pretty much directly after Blood Follows, so it makes sense to have them back to back. The Healthy Dead takes place years later, maybe even after Memories of Ice, so it'd probably be a bit strange if you read them one-after-another in publishing order (as you likely would in an omnibus edition!).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users