Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deadhouse Gates Limited Edition? Any news on the Sub Press edition

#1 User is offline   jasewell 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Just wanted to know if there was any news regarding the Subterranean Press Limited Edition of Deadhouse Gates. As an owner of the GOTM limited edition I would like to keep this collection going, but it seems like it's going to be a long time between volumes, if they are even going to come out.

#2 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

They have only done the one and I have not heard anything about sub press doing the second. (Would be awesome.)

If you wanted another Erikson collectible you could get The Healthy Dead and Blood follows on Ebay.

This post has been edited by Mischiefs' Folly: 12 February 2010 - 06:12 AM

Oh, me and my endless folly!

#3 User is offline   Rugburn 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Collecting First and Limited Edition Books
    Reading Fantasy & Science Fiction

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:33 AM

View PostMischiefs, on 12 February 2010 - 06:07 AM, said:

They have only done the one and I have not heard anything about sub press doing the second. (Would be awesome.)

If you wanted another Erikson collectible you could get The Healthy Dead and Blood follows on Ebay.

I received an email from Bill Schafer yesterday regarding the limiteds:

"We've got the first three books under contract, but expect to secure the rights to future volumes as well."

I'm glad I saw this post. I'm looking for collectors of the SubPress limited. Do you guys have any idea what they generally go for on eBay or ABE?

#4 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

I think camelotbooks.com still has some of these available - there is a thread in the Gardens of the Moon forum about it.
I have been talking with Sub-Press about the possibility of obtaining the images for our home page so I'll keep you posted about that, but one of the things discussed was DG - I know they're working on it but they said they have no announcements to make yet.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

When they were producing Gardens, they asked the forum for help regarding the artwork, and hence announced it extremely early. They got a lot of grief for taking so long to produce it (it was about two years from paying to actually getting the lettered edition for me) so it would be no suprise if they held off a bit on announcing the second one, until they knew it would be a bit quicker to produce.
Regarding GotM, I've seen some going for anything between $300 and $500, but can't check right now, because I'm using my phone - but it sounds like you know where to look. Check amazon UK marketplace as well :rolleyes:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   jasewell 

• Recruit

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for the info. That is kind of what I figured. I talked to Bill at Sub Press a while ago and it seemed that they were waiting for some of the new artwork for Deadhouse Gates to come further along before any announcement. I guess that is hardest part of producing these limited editions. One more question- Do you think that Sub Press will split the future books into 2 or more volumes due to their length, kind of like they did for "feast for crows"?

Thanks

#7 User is offline   Kallyfudge 

• Corporal

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

Realy looking forwards to these coming out! Anyone know how fast they sold out before?

#8 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

I don't know whether I should resist the urge to buy this. On one hand, having a lettered limited edition would be amazing. On the other hand, if I buy this I'm going to have to go back and buy the GotM one, and then every one that comes out after (which, if it stays $300, will amount to over $3000 if they do all ten books). Yikes.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#9 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

View PostDefiance, on 07 October 2010 - 07:58 PM, said:

I don't know whether I should resist the urge to buy this. On one hand, having a lettered limited edition would be amazing. On the other hand, if I buy this I'm going to have to go back and buy the GotM one, and then every one that comes out after (which, if it stays $300, will amount to over $3000 if they do all ten books). Yikes.

Not quite that simple. For one, people with existing lettered editions get dibs on the new lettered editions.
Plus, I suspect you'd probably have to pay more than $300 for a lettered GotM.

#10 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I was actually just thinking about this! A costly investment, indeed, but probably worth it...

Dancer

#11 User is offline   wolf_2099 

• First Sword
  • I like cake.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

View PostDancer+, on 16 October 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

I was actually just thinking about this! A costly investment, indeed, but probably worth it...

Dancer

I always wondered, is it really?

How many people are their that would shell out $300 for one of these, let alone $3000 for the set? Then factor in if someone buys it and wants a profit?

And if the set finishes in 10 years, will their really be anyone left who still has that much interest in the books?

I fully understand if it's for personal pleasure, but as an investment, I could just never see it.
"HAIL THE MARINES!"

#12 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

You're right from a lettered perspective, as $300 is too much but I feel the numbered editions ($125) at least from a personal perspective might be worth it. It all depends on how important money is to you and how much you have of it, which for me is -£ but it doesn't look like deadhouse gates will be released any time soon.

#13 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

The Deadhouse Gates limited editions are now up at subpress. http://www.subterran..._Code=erikson03, right now people who have GotM can pre-order to get matching numbers, everyone else has to wait.

I'll start by saying I'm not thrilled by the change in artist. Komarck was good and Drummond is unknown to me. I'm still going to pre-order the book, will keep going through MoI at least. If the art is quality, which it still should be, I'll go for the whole series.

#14 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

Great timing by SubPress, hit them just after Christmas so people are skint.

Going to send them an email saying I want my lettered edition, but can't pay until I get my student loan through.

#15 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

View PostStalker, on 27 December 2010 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'll start by saying I'm not thrilled by the change in artist. Komarck was good and Drummond is unknown to me. I'm still going to pre-order the book, will keep going through MoI at least. If the art is quality, which it still should be, I'll go for the whole series.

Drummond seems to work in watercolor quite a bit. Her lines and clarity of art are very good. Different style than Komarck, but the little bits I picked up from the Internetz makes me think she'll do a great job as well. Komarck continues to astound every single time I look at the images and that's a very valuable guide to have for new artists on the series.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users