Malazan Empire: Are you a Malazan collector? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you a Malazan collector? Perhaps you can advise!

#1 User is offline   Rugburn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Collecting First and Limited Edition Books
    Reading Fantasy & Science Fiction

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hello all,

Since I'm obv new to the boards, I'll give you a quick rundown:

I have yet to read any Malazan books, but I've been told guaranteed that I will love the series. If I do love it, it will be imperative (or so my impulse tells me) that I own the Subterranean Press numbered edition of GotM.

So....do any of you out there collect Malazan books? I am trying to get a feel for the current value of all of the first editions, but I am most interested in the value of the SubPress GotM. If you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I am not asking you to sell me your books! I just want to know what I'm getting into (ie how much is this gonna cost me).

Thanks

PS: Cougar: If you are reading this, you are right. I am an enthusiast and not at all a seller/dealer. Thanks for the heads up just the same.

#2 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

It will be expensive. I can not say for sure I did a quick online search through sellers on amazon, also through Ebay, and have yet to find an available copy.

This is Sub Press link

I live in Portland Too! Good luck finding one, but I would suggest reading the book before you concern yourself with the limited addition.
Oh, me and my endless folly!

#3 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

Certainly don't drop the $$$ on the limited edition before you know whether you'll like love the book/series. I'd just buy a MMPB or something (you're going to want a reading copy anyway) and keep an eye on the secondary market for the limited edition.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users