• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Catholicism why shy away from it?

#1 User is offline   Trisemigistus 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, obviously.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

Catholicism is an idea presented and slowly woven into the lives of early Christians by Satan. The idea of the pope himself, a holy human, is like Satanism. but instead of worshiping yourself, like in satanism, your just worshiping another human who supposedly has a channel to God.

i know its not much of a starter, but the discussion should be interesting. have at it.

#2 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:40 AM

is there anything that you base this opinion of yours on? or just your own observations and reasoning?

edit: how early are you talking here? because men were naming themselves all kinds of things from around the 1st century AD

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 07 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#3 User is offline   Trisemigistus 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:56 AM

I'm basing it upon some readings I came across in a book named The Triumph of Gods Love. I'll have to dig into the book again to see when it says these things came about. But I do believe it is speaking about Roman times, or shortly afterward.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

View PostTrisemigistus, on 07 February 2010 - 06:20 AM, said:

Catholicism is an idea presented and slowly woven into the lives of early Christians by Satan. The idea of the pope himself, a holy human, is like Satanism. but instead of worshiping yourself, like in satanism, your just worshiping another human who supposedly has a channel to God.

i know its not much of a starter, but the discussion should be interesting. have at it.

You believe that Satan exists?

People worship the Pope?

What exactly is your idea of Satanism? Cartoon villainy or just another valid religion a la paganism?

Do you believe this apparently evil religion Catholicism is different or worse than the other branches of Christianity, like the Lutheran church?

If the Pope isn't connected with God, but instated by the devil, then what purpose does he serve? He's not exactly the most evil and intimidating fellow I know off.

Are you saying that Saint Peter was influenced by the Devil?

#5 User is offline   Trisemigistus 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

View PostAptorian, on 07 February 2010 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostTrisemigistus, on 07 February 2010 - 06:20 AM, said:

You believe that Satan exists? Yes I do.

People worship the Pope? You wouldn't believe how many people worship him, knowingly or not.

What exactly is your idea of Satanism? Cartoon villainy or just another valid religion a la paganism? Not cartoon villainy, definitely. I don't believe it is another form of paganism, but it is close. In the book I read, what Satan had done was slowly manipulate the church. He changed things very subtly so that it would not be noticed by most. Although some had noticed and decided against Catholicism. Because people were against it, the roman catholic church decided to kill off those who were against them, which in itself is a sin, regardless of whether or not you are fighting for God. I also believe the Iraqi war, though with good intentions, is a bad thing. Killing off people for what you believe in is a direct sin against one of the ten commandments.

Do you believe this apparently evil religion Catholicism is different or worse than the other branches of Christianity, like the Lutheran church? I do not know much of anything about how the Lutheran church works.therefor I cannot comment on that part of the question. But it is plain evil. So yes, I believe it is worse than any part of the christian faith. What I believe is that Catholicism is like someone wearing a mask. Inherently evil, but made to look good.

If the Pope isn't connected with God, but instated by the devil, then what purpose does he serve? He's not exactly the most evil and intimidating fellow I know off. It's not that the pope is evil, its that hes blinded, therefor blinding his followers of the truth of God. Take everything with a grain of salt. If you have doubts about something, test it against the Bible. does the Bible mention ANYTHING about there being a pope?

Are you saying that Saint Peter was influenced by the Devil? if he was a Pope, then yes.

#6 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

the catholic approach to salvation, sacraments and confession and all that did always seem suspicious to me. kill a man and confess to a priest and your good to go? if i believed in satan i could see him getting behind something like that.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#7 User is offline   Trisemigistus 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

It was also absurd that people use to think they could buy their way into heaven.

This post has been edited by Trisemigistus: 07 February 2010 - 07:41 AM

#8 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PostTrisemigistus, on 07 February 2010 - 07:29 AM, said:

If the Pope isn't connected with God, but instated by the devil, then what purpose does he serve? He's not exactly the most evil and intimidating fellow I know off. It's not that the pope is evil, its that hes blinded, therefor blinding his followers of the truth of God. Take everything with a grain of salt. If you have doubts about something, test it against the Bible. does the Bible mention ANYTHING about there being a pope? 

Sorry mate, but you should read better. For example Paulīs epistles are dedicated to church organisation. o, there isn mentioned word "pope" because pope is title evolved from title of "Bishop of Rome". 

I think you should read more book than just one...from my POV very trying to be controversial... and then make conclusions. Catholic church has many black spots and stains in its history but this is for me a little bit ridiculous...:whistle: Iīve seen many good and great acts coming from catholics and memebrs of church itself.

(and to be sure - Im atheist:))
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#9 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:57 AM

View PostTrisemigistus, on 07 February 2010 - 07:40 AM, said:

It was also absurd that people use to think they could buy their way into heaven.

Look I have no love for the Catholic Church but this is ridiculus. They stopped the selling of pardons after Luther condamned them because they had to prove that they weren't as corrupted as he said they were.( That they sort of failed is another matter).

Also I would like to add that at least inthe present era people do not worship the Pope. Catholics look at him with respect because they believe him to be the man closest to God and the Heir of Peter to whom Christ (supposedly) gave the order to build his new Church.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#10 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

I'm closing this topic, as I can't see anyway it's going to end well. By all means start a discussion on catholicism and it's faults, but going from a starting premise of 'Catholicism is evil' is just trollish behaviour at it's worst.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users