Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Australian Release Date

#1 User is offline   Solitas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

Just wondering... Does anyone know when this will be released in Australia? I've looked at both major bookstores' online stores (Boreders and Angus and Roberts) and both come up with something along the lines of "this search does not exist" etc etc... :D

#2 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:59 AM

I'm not sure, but I hope it's soon. Maybe check the release date of one of the other novellas like the Healthy Dead in both Australia and UK, and that might give you a rough estimate as to the wait.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#3 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

I didn't even realise the novellas got released in Aus. Who is the publisher?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#4 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

According to Borders' website, Night Shade, with the anthology being published by Tom Doherty Associates. I've seen the odd copy around, but the regular browser wouldn't know they have been published here unless they looked it up. Most bookshops I enter haven't heard of them.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:27 AM

Nightshade did the US editions, so that's probably the best place to look, as I imagine they'll become available in Aus just after they are published in the US in that case :D Though unfortunately there's nothing on their website to suggest that this will happen any time soon - the previous ones took a couple of years to get picked up in the US, so your guess is as good as mine, but I would suggest it might be a while.

Nightshade published Lees of Laughter's End in June 09, 2 years and 3 months after it was first published by PSPublishing.

I would suggest that best way to get hold of it anytime soon would be to pay through the roof for shipping, unfortunately :D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

Hmm. It's a shame we get the Malazan books yonks before the US, but the novellas have to wait until they're published there. Ah well, I'll get one of my friends to bring me back a copy from Britain mid year.

#7 User is offline   Marduk 

• Recruit

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

Hey guys in Australia you really should get on the PS Publishing email list. I am in Sydney and was notified about this novella well in advance of publication. For people who pre-ordered the book direct from PS you got 5GBP discount and free shipping (to anywhere, as far as I know). So it was 15GBP total to Australia which these days is about $25AUD - which is great for a book of this quality, with full colour illustrations etc...

#8 User is offline   Seal 

• The Fallen

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:36 AM

PS Publishing currently has the numbered Stonewielder 2 volume set for 99 pound which converts to $152 AU - only two dollars difference for what I paid getting it directly from Subterranean in the States. So same price, just who has it first (obviously Subterranean in this case as they produced it) and how much for they are asking for postage which in this case was $17 AU from the States to Brisbane.

#9 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

View PostSeal, on 30 May 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

PS Publishing currently has the numbered Stonewielder 2 volume set for 99 pound which converts to $152 AU - only two dollars difference for what I paid getting it directly from Subterranean in the States. So same price, just who has it first (obviously Subterranean in this case as they produced it) and how much for they are asking for postage which in this case was $17 AU from the States to Brisbane.

Actually, PS produced Stonewielder and I doubt they'd let anyone else ship it before them. Check the spine of your books, the impression details, all say PS Publishing.

Sub have only done GotM so far. Nothing else.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#10 User is offline   Seal 

• The Fallen

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostMessremb, on 31 May 2011 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostSeal, on 30 May 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

Actually, PS produced Stonewielder and I doubt they'd let anyone else ship it before them. Check the spine of your books, the impression details, all say PS Publishing.

Sub have only done GotM so far. Nothing else.

My Apologies, Yes you are correct. I never noticed this - it even says it on the Subterranean website -
Stonewielder
by Ian Cameron EsselmontA PS Publishing Title
Limited: $150

I stand corrected.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users