Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wish list for this book MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR TOLL

#1 User is offline   K'Chain Bull'shite 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

So, what would we like to see in this book? With all the awesome characters rattling around in Darujhistan as of the end of Toll there is the potential for some great encounters. Being a Karsa fan, I would love to see him meeting Kallor, who may turn out to be an ally, given the sentiments he expressed about destroying civilization in Toll. Also, I'd be disappointed in Karsa and Torvald don't get into some mischief together. Samar was directed to K'rul's bar at the end of Toll so it's not unreasonable to imagine that both her and Karsa end up staying there with the ex-Bridgeburners, Duiker and Fisher and that's a hugely interesting mix as well. Not to mention Envy, Raest, Brood (though I got the impression he wasn't going to be hanging around for long), the renegade Seguleh, Kruppe and Pust. there are Karsa's daughters to consider as well, which could be interesting. An incredible cast of characters, though it may be that some will leave before the events of ICE's novel.

I used to think that Kallor was going to be the Tyrant, but now I doubt it will be that simple...Hopefully, the mystery behind the T'orrud ('Shield' in the language of the HFE) Cabal and the Seguleh (variation of 'anvil' in the HFE) will be explained, can't see how it wouldn't be given all the hints along the way. Maybe Humble Measure has discovered some sort of ritual to resurrect/awaken some powerful entity from the HFE? He tried to kill the ex-Bridgeburners...because he just hates Malazans or does he consider them a threat to his plan? Or maybe he wants access to K'rul's old temple? He then has Varada/Vorcan assaulted, because she's a threat or just to have a council seat vacated for him? If it's just a council seat, I guess he'll be satisfied with taking Vidikas' or Orr's place. Anyway, I hope this book is a doorstop and at least approaches the best of SE's stuff. Massive kudos to ICE for taking on a project like this and I hope it's not as difficult as I imagine. Will be interesting to see how he's settled in as a writer with Stonewielder :D
I'd rather have enemies than acquaintances that I'm not sure about. I'd rather take you as an enemy, defeat your arguments and make you a friend that way. Fuck compromise.

#2 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

rereading TtH at the moment, and just on a side track, first time reading it i enjoyed it, loved the last 200 pages but found it difficult to read and took me a good while to get through but 2nd time, what a book cant put it down!

anyway from what i can gather, humble measure found in his hidden archieves the location to a buried gate beneath Darujhistan which must be the gateway to the buried Tyrant n must be in Krull's temple, or thats what i reckon!

Main thing i want to see from this book, the Seguleh 1st, hes got to make an appearance!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Chapter 1

Torvald Nom is idly strolling through a back alley when he hears from the end of the lane a series of cracking, smashing and collapsing noises very similar to someone being picked up, folded into a ball, dribbled around and then dunked through a stable wall.

Torvald: "Either I'm having a flashback to Badass College, or..."

He runs out to see a crowd of people surrounding the unmistakable form of Karsa Motherfucking Orlong, also known as Orverylong to his close female acquaintances (or distant female acquaintances depending on which end they're at), striding away from a fallen building. Samar Dev is following him and shouting but no-one listens to her anyway so we've not bothered to give her any lines.

Torvald: "Karsa!"

The giant turns, grunts, and smiles.

Karsa: "Torvald!"

Tovald: "Bar?"

Karsa: "Several."

Chapter 2

Torvald and Karsa are standing on a hilltop, watching the colossal blue-tinged inferno where Darujistan used to be. Both of them are holding several bottles, Karsa holding a sack making bottleish noises when he moves. Both are slightly scorched.

Torvald: "Karsa?"

Karsa: "Torvald?"

Torvald: "Do you think that armwrestling contest was a bad idea?"

A whistling noise is heard, beginning to increase in volume.

Karsa: "It got us out of paying the tab, didn't it?"

The noise ends with a solid thud as a figure lands near the two, embedding itself into the ground.

Torvald: "But it was your round."

Without turning, Torvald and Karsa each throw one of the bottles they were holding at the person in the ground. Two chainmail-covered arms snap up and snatch them out of the air, their owner opening one and downing it in one go. Silence descends (apart from the roar of the flames and subsidiary explosions). Eventually, the embedded figure speaks.

Kallor: "The next bar is in Pale, isn't it?"

Karsa: "Yes."

Kallor: "I still have my Brood's Army discount card, Pale has a couple of anti-Malaz places that haven't stopped accepting it there."

Torvald: "Excellent. Well then, shall we?"

Torvald and Karsa start walking, Karsa pausing only to pull Kallor out of the ground and set him on his feet. Kallor dusts himself off and catches up. The three head off into the sunset, the image spoiled only marginally by the cataclysm that used to be Darujistan burning away merrily behind them.

The End

And that there is exactly why I'm not writing any part of the Malazan series. That and the court order.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

ILLY YOU PUNKASS STOP MAKING ME REP YOU!!!!

but yeah, i want to see that Torvald/Karsa reunion.

I also want lots of Seguleh, Torrud Cabal and Tyrant King answers.

I want to see the universe implode due to the sheer amount of badass in one space as Kallor and Karsa meet.

More surviving Bridgeburners. More Fisher the immortal poet.

and most importantly, more Raest and Tufty.

- Abyss, ..because undead cats with pet Jaghut Tyrants rule.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   K'Chain Bull'shite 

• Lieutenant

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

I envision Torvald laying out his long and convoluted plan to rob an estate or somesuch and Karsa simply replying with 'The witch must never know.' :D
I'd rather have enemies than acquaintances that I'm not sure about. I'd rather take you as an enemy, defeat your arguments and make you a friend that way. Fuck compromise.

#6 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Not much

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

Am I really the only one who thinks that Dassem and Kallor will finish that business they had in RotCG?
Because I'm really dreading Kallor will gat killed in this book while that man deserves to die in the main series(no offence to ICE)
Of course, ICE could very well surprise us all by having Kallor kill Dassem after he slips on the 100th spear butt.
Or, despite what I think they'll never meet.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#7 User is offline   K'Chain Bull'shite 

• Lieutenant

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on 04 January 2010 - 06:06 PM, said:

Am I really the only one who thinks that Dassem and Kallor will finish that business they had in RotCG?
Because I'm really dreading Kallor will gat killed in this book while that man deserves to die in the main series(no offence to ICE)
Of course, ICE could very well surprise us all by having Kallor kill Dassem after he slips on the 100th spear butt.
Or, despite what I think they'll never meet.

the last we see of Traveller is him walking away from darujhistan while kallor nurses a stolen beer in an abandoned tavern, which does not preclude your theory, just saying :)

#8 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

tell you what, rereading TtH is handy with all the current discussions going on, picking up little tidbits here n there, another...

could we have another Ruthan Gudd on our hands with Torvald Nom when it hopefully all goes down with this novel...

His lady, Tis has just gone to his secret stash and found his - blue moranth belongings?

"This, i think is Elder. This magic, it comes from Mael."

"But then, what connection would the Blue Moranth have with the Elder God"

"She reached down and edged back the silk. A pair of sealskin gloves, glistening as if they had just come up from the depths of some ice-laden
sea. Beneath them, a water-etched throwing axe, in a stle she had never seen before - not Moranth, for certain. A sea-raiders weapon, the
inset patterns on the blue iron swirling like a host of whirlpools. The handle was an ivory tusk of some sort, appallingly oversized for any beast
she could imagine"

Wonder if the weapon could be like Gudd's? But throws up some interesting points like how did he get them n what they mean etc,

Karsa/Tor ass kicking vigilante crew, bring it on! =D

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Dunno about Tor being another EG in disguise, but he's definitely got a colorful history we haven't seen.

Pure speculation but i'm betting a stint of travel on a Blue Moranth vessel with an encounter with Stormriders.

- Abyss, wants to know.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

My only wish is that Kallor doesn't die. But that's because I don't think Kallor should die in any of the novels of any of the series or trilogies... he's cursed not to, after all. Other than that I'll leave it to ICE to make it awesome as he will.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#11 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

Draconuses and K'ruls curses were broken too, sure someone can kill Kallor... should even, it will be either epic, or heartrending.
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#12 User is offline   aulonocara 

• Recruit

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

once upon a time i dreamed off a kruppe/tehol meeting.

but i think the confrontation id most like to see now is a kruppe vs karsa. if we dont get it in crippled god, hopefully at some time, but to be honest id rather see ericson write it, not esslemont.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users