Malazan Empire: The game I bought today is... - Malazan Empire

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I bought today is... Bought any games recently? Share your excitement with us.

#741 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

View PostSerenity, on 05 December 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 04 December 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 02 December 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 19 November 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

I've gone a bit mad (or should I say madder?) and splurged on physical editions of Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon and Hollow Knight for Switch - all games I already played digitally but decided I wanted them on the shelf while they're still available, I like them that much. Darkest Dungeon is the Signature Edition, which is actually a Christmas gift (so no opening that for a month), along with the Signature Edition of Children of Morta. Also got Moonlighter on the way.

Isn't Jefuty a recruitable character in DD?

Not in the game I played. A mod, maybe?

Or an expansion perhaps, she's the main character in Codename: Bakery Girl and I know Yuzhong is a fan of that because right now in GFL we have a Darkest Dungeon theme costume gacha.

I can't see anything about it, not in the expansions anyway. Perhaps she's going to be in Darkest Dungeon 2?

Maybe, MICA are remastering CBG (as Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery) so it might coincide with that.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#742 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

Just bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance at 50% off. Should give this a proper look!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#743 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:30 AM

View PostGothos, on 22 December 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Just bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance at 50% off. Should give this a proper look!

Ah man I love that game. Henry!

The landscape is a real region of European
countryside, and the clothing mechanic with the weight/noise and appearance (clean, dirty, battered, pristine) affecting how you're treated was there before RDR2 got on board, and is the best example I've played.

When taking out four bandits in an ambush actually feels like taking out four people - if they don't get you, you end up muddied and bruised and needing medical attention. And a bath.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#744 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

Moody Polish bloke wondering around killing people I can see why you would like it. ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#745 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

View PostTraveller, on 22 December 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Ah man I love that game. Henry!

The landscape is a real region of European
countryside, and the clothing mechanic with the weight/noise and appearance (clean, dirty, battered, pristine) affecting how you're treated was there before RDR2 got on board, and is the best example I've played.

When taking out four bandits in an ambush actually feels like taking out four people - if they don't get you, you end up muddied and bruised and needing medical attention. And a bath.

Aye, expecting great things from it. On the other hand, I kinda got bogged down in another game for the forseeable future, so this is on the shelf for now. Definitely gonna have a go, tho!

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 December 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Moody Polish bloke wondering around killing people I can see why you would like it. ;)

Thought they were Czech? ;)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#746 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:04 PM

*mumbling* ...para vol.1
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#747 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

I got Thronebreaker for Switch. Got it GOG when it originally came out but think I'll play it more on handheld.

#748 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

The Trails series is brilliant. Very, very long, though, especially if you play them in order and play the Sky games first.

#749 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 25 February 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

The Trails series is brilliant. Very, very long, though, especially if you play them in order and play the Sky games first.

?

I believe that Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series are set in the same world.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 25 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#750 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:52 AM

There are nine games in the Trails series, more than that actually, but the original trilogy probably isn't worth seeking out. The main story/world building really starts with the Trails in the Sky trilogy. The Cold Steel games are the third story arc in the current setting. In order they're the Trails in the Sky arc (3 games), the Crossbell arc (2 games), and the Cold Steel arc (4 games). They all take place in the same world and the stories are linked, but you can get away with playing Cold Steel without having played the previous ones, although you'll miss out on some detail, significance of characters etc. Nothing too major, so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you really love Cold Steel. They are loooooong games, around 60 to 100 hours each, and there's a lot of text.

You won't find the Sky or Crossbell games on PS3/4. They're on PC or PSP/PS Vita or emulator. The Crossbell games are only available in the West via fan translations.

#751 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:55 PM

Steam refining its search criteria is not good for my wallet.

I keep finding random interesting-looking games now.

#752 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 28 February 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 26 February 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

There are nine games in the Trails series, more than that actually, but the original trilogy probably isn't worth seeking out. The main story/world building really starts with the Trails in the Sky trilogy. The Cold Steel games are the third story arc in the current setting. In order they're the Trails in the Sky arc (3 games), the Crossbell arc (2 games), and the Cold Steel arc (4 games). They all take place in the same world and the stories are linked, but you can get away with playing Cold Steel without having played the previous ones, although you'll miss out on some detail, significance of characters etc. Nothing too major, so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you really love Cold Steel. They are loooooong games, around 60 to 100 hours each, and there's a lot of text.

You won't find the Sky or Crossbell games on PS3/4. They're on PC or PSP/PS Vita or emulator. The Crossbell games are only available in the West via fan translations.

Didn't see this post. I looked up Sky. 1&2 are on PS3 store.

Cool! They're not available for PS3 on the UK store, must be a US thing. That's where it all begins, anyway. Great story, loads of world building at the start, so takes a few hours to really get going, but once it does it's fantastic. I've no idea if that version includes all the quality of life improvements they made on the PC version - you might want to check. On PC you can speed up combat and map traversal, for a start.

Still hoping they'll bring the whole series to Switch (only Cold Steel III coming to Switch so far, because different publisher).

#753 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Bought Devil May Cry 5 and Days Gone during the PSN April Sale. Dirt cheap. Only game missing from the sale I really want is Tetris Effect. I hope it gets added to the sale during the coming weeks.

#754 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

I bought We Happy Few Deluxe edition on GOG (the whole package at 65% off was STILL 40 CAD... the regular price is still 112 CAD. WTF, Gearbox?), as well as MindSeize- a sci-fi-ish new Metroidvania on Steam. Read a bunch of reviews saying it was buggy and had bad Keyboard controls... tried it out, to see if I'd refund it, and the controls were all right, plenty of remap options, so I can just play with the keyboard, like Ori or Hollow Knight.. so I'll keep it.

Big Xbox Games Studios sale on Steam... But I already own most of the big games there, except Gears 5 (50% off but I'm not gonna jump into the series that's missing its crucial 2nd and 3rd entries on PC) and the re-release of State of Decay II (zombie/crafting/open-world survival games aren't really my thing). I considered Halo Wars, but... eeeh. I need to get more invested into Halo before I try out a mediocre RTS.

Speaking of which: the testing for Halo 2 is apparently on the way. Once I'm done with Doom 3, I'll jump into the CEA campaign. I DID grab the 2 twin-stick Spartan shooters, tho, cuz they were like 3 bucks total, being 90% off and all.

Overall, with the quarantine, I'm saving a decent chunk of money on transit each week... so I feel less financially irresponsible buying $20-30 AA games to support indie devs.

#755 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:49 PM

Haven't played it but I think you screwed yourself on we Happy few. Don't think I'd pay more than five USD for that game.

#756 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:56 PM

View PostAptorian, on 04 April 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

Haven't played it but I think you screwed yourself on we Happy few. Don't think I'd pay more than five USD for that game.

From what I heard, the DLCs were a big improvement in being more story-driven and designed, as opposed to procedural generation.

Well, we will see.

#757 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 April 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

FYI Death Stranding is half off right now on spring sale. Perfect time for y’all to take the plunge and rebuild America one package at a time during this corona lockdown.

I ain't pre-ordering it. I'll play it, but once we get some reviews of how nice Decima plays with PC.

#758 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

I just got Fallen Order on sale.

Started it first thing this morning - impressed so far with the general setting and story, it fits in nicely Clone Wars and Rebels. That scrap yard alone looked awesome, lots of background detail and life in it.

I was playing Sekiro only hours before though so I've got to get used to the timing, also Cal is a bit slower and the parry times aren't quite as tight but I shouldn't compare. It's so cool just to be running about with a light saber and a ship in the SW universe, with some Souls mechanics.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#759 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:14 PM

View PostTraveller, on 13 April 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

it fits in nicely Clone Wars and Rebels.

This will never stop being true throughout the whole game. It's got that vibe for SURE.

I'm half convinced that these people will show up in the REBELS sequel series, Cal especially (and a later character who I love who you've not met yet).
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#760 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:25 PM

I've gone on a purchasing spree during the PSN spring sale.

Besides buying Final Fantasy 7 I've bought
Day's Gone
Devil May Cry 5
Tetris Effect
Crash Bandicoot N Sane Collection
The Last Guardian

I'm also eying the new Persona 5 Royal but I think I'm good for the next couple months.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 15 April 2020 - 12:26 PM

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users