Malazan Empire: The game I bought today is... - Malazan Empire

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I bought today is... Bought any games recently? Share your excitement with us.

#361 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

Outside? What is this outside concept you speak of? Posted Image

#362 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

I love how the woman is complaining that he is going to get them killed, completely ignoring the fact that they are more likely to kill somebody. Ridiculously irresponsible. Fucking put the phone away.

That said, there are a lot of fun stories about this game now. Saw a compilation of pictures detailing a couple of girls canooing out into the sea outside a beach resort to fight an underwater gym.

#363 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:24 PM

On a news show this morning there were stories of a woman going to a remote location and finding a dead body along with the pokemon and of course the criminal element has been using the game to lure people to an easy place to rob them.

I can almost see the new commercials about the dangers of playing Pokemon Go and driving replacing the texting and driving commercials.

That being said, I guess this has been a big boost for Nintendo. A huge win for them.

#364 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, Nintendo's stock jumped up 25%.

The thing about the criminal element is that it was present during Ingress and other geolocating games as well. The difference is probably the amount of attention Pokemon Go is getting.

#365 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

To create a new account you are required to read the following:
Posted Image

Amazon Link

#366 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:36 AM

Doom.

For PS4.

Yes, I now have both consoles. PS4 is primarily for fighters and whatever exclusives tickle my fancy. I'll be playing BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend / Centralfiction (Q4 onwards) and Guilty Gear XRD Revelator to start off, moving to Street Fighter and Under Night after a small while.

My PSN handle is AngryMaark
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#367 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

I have to say I'm not impressed with Doom so far. Yeah, I see that they were trying to do a throwback to the original PC games, but making them (on standard difficulty) as hard as Final Doom (which was designed to be harder than Zangief on steroids) is pretty shitty. Those riot shield dicks are just stupid, and everything hits harder than Tager's super command grab (seriously, why is armour even in this game, it doesn't do anything except flake off entirely when a zombie touches you).

Only on the second level to boot and I'm already thinking of getting shot of it. Poor show, Bethesda.

#368 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

This sounds strange to me. Are you sure you're playing Doom "right", Maark? I thought the game on normal difficulty was relatively easy except for when you got swarmed and couldn't do proper crowd control. Especially with the upgrades you get on the way.

How exactly are you approaching the combat?

My play style was to:

A) Never stop moving, always attack, never retreat. Strafing is advised. This is not a stand around and pick your targets game.

B ) Don't ever use the pistol it's garbage. Use shotguns and explosive weaponry at the start or punch things, try to constantly pick the right weapon for the job.

C) Get up close and personal constantly and insta-kill all glowing monsters for their delicious health, armor and ammo. The monsters should be afraid of you, not the other way around.

D) Navigation is your friend, run laps in the rooms, find the power-ups, climb high points for tactical advantage.

E) Save the chainsaw and BFG for big things.

This post has been edited by Apt: 04 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

#369 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostBriar King, on 04 August 2016 - 05:26 AM, said:

Holy shit... Neverwinter is FREE on PS4??!!! Wtf! I think I should get it. Has anyone else???

As in the original Neverwinter Nights?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#370 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostApt, on 04 August 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

This sounds strange to me. Are you sure you're playing Doom "right", Maark? I thought the game on normal difficulty was relatively easy except for when you got swarmed and couldn't do proper crowd control. Especially with the upgrades you get on the way.

How exactly are you approaching the combat?

My play style was to:

A) Never stop moving, always attack, never retreat. Strafing is advised. This is not a stand around and pick your targets game.

B ) Don't ever use the pistol it's garbage. Use shotguns and explosive weaponry at the start or punch things, try to constantly pick the right weapon for the job.

C) Get up close and personal constantly and insta-kill all glowing monsters for their delicious health, armor and ammo. The monsters should be afraid of you, not the other way around.

D) Navigation is your friend, run laps in the rooms, find the power-ups, climb high points for tactical advantage.

E) Save the chainsaw and BFG for big things.

Yeah, pretty much what I'm doing.

:cry: Shotgun seems only good for the grenade launcher, otherwise the damage is garbage (unless you're grinding on top of the enemy). Punching stuff just leads to getting punched back for 50 armour as well. The marine seems to be made of paper in this game!

C) I do this, but other stuff is constantly attacking in the meantime so net health gain is 0 from this. They also only drop ammo when I have like 3 shots of something left, and never drop armour.

D) I've not come across anywhere I can do that yet.

E) Only just got the Assault Rifle (which is shit and does basically nothing). No chainsaw as of yet, no BFG.

I mean yeah, I played Final Doom, and enjoyed it, but Final Doom is not what I was looking for. The fact that every imp is carrying Burn's Hammer around isn't helpful.

I might give it another try but thus far it's an incredibly disappointing and frustrating experience. Especially when they throw in the tank mooks who don't take splash but have frontal shields that are brought to bear near instantly if you manage to get around them and two-shot you from full armour to dead.

#371 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:53 AM

Are you sure your difficulty isn't set on nightmare or something? The fact that you say the enemies are taking big chunks out of your armor and health suggests to me that you are playing on a hard difficulty level.

You should be grinding on top of the enemies. Run right up into the face of the Imp and dump a round or two into it and quick time kill it. Do that over and over again. The essential element is quickness of movement, get in close and move around your enemies. You are fast enough that it shouldn't be a problem avoiding Imp fire.

#372 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

Nope, I'm on Hurt Me Plenty. This is what I mean about the difficulty being disproportionate - I'm on what amounts to Normal, and it's playing like Final Doom on Ultraviolence.

#373 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:23 PM

Have you tried swallowing your pride and playing on easy?

#374 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

I'm seriously considering it, if only to see if it gets better or if it's still an artificially difficult game due to poor design choices. If normal is ultraviolence I don't want to think how stupid the next step up is.

And after Way of Kings I really should know to be wary of hype trains :/

#375 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:18 PM

Considering that I (and dozens of other people) really love this game, I hope you power through. I wish I could look over you shoulder because I half suspect you are holding your controller upside down or something.

#376 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

Just make sure it's not the MMO Neverwinter instead. Because that's what the F2P is making me think of- that it's the MMO and not the "Neverwinter Nights" RPGs
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#377 User is online   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:11 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 August 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

Nope, I'm on Hurt Me Plenty. This is what I mean about the difficulty being disproportionate - I'm on what amounts to Normal, and it's playing like Final Doom on Ultraviolence.

Yeah, I think you're doing something wrong. New Doom is amazing and it's definitely not hard on Hurt Me Plenty. What Apt said should be working fine for you.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#378 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostSilencer, on 04 August 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 August 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I think you're doing something wrong. New Doom is amazing and it's definitely not hard on Hurt Me Plenty. What Apt said should be working fine for you.

WellI tried it on ITYTD and this is realistically 'normal' (as it correlates with Classic HMP), though it's not a balanced step down as minor mooks don't do much damage (whereas on HMP if an imp looks at you, your armour falls off). The shield guys take splash on this difficulty as well (they don't on HMP).

So far it's decent now the difficulty isn't so ridiculous. Apt's suggestions would be fine except that on HMP the marine is made of paper and the enemies are made of concrete. Having experienced UV (which HMP is) anyone who says it isn't hard can't have played the same game. I Wanna Be The Guy punished me less.

#379 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

Rebel Galaxy is free on PS4+, so I figured why not. And it's quite fun. I dunno how long lived it will be, but right now I very much enjoy flying around the solar system blasting pirates while listening to space country/rock. The soundtrack is pretty awesome. I haven't gotten to the point where I can travel to other solar systems. I suspect that will be the time where I will find whether the game is worth continuing with or not.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#380 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:29 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 August 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

Rebel Galaxy is free on PS4+, so I figured why not. And it's quite fun. I dunno how long lived it will be, but right now I very much enjoy flying around the solar system blasting pirates while listening to space country/rock. The soundtrack is pretty awesome. I haven't gotten to the point where I can travel to other solar systems. I suspect that will be the time where I will find whether the game is worth continuing with or not.

I take it for free games you need the PSN+ membership or whatever it was? I need to get on that.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users