Malazan Empire: Codex Alera Map! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Codex Alera Map!

#1 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:09 AM

After 6 books, there is finally a map of the lands involved!

...and a gorgeous map by miss Priscillie too!

http://www.jim-butch...news/000348.php

Love it. Very detailed and gives me a better sense of where everything is....considering I am only on book 3!!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

Why does every second fantasy epic have a big-arse wall or mountain range in the north (generally) keeping the civilised southerners from having their butts whipped by the barbarians? Shades of Hadrian, perhaps?

It's like all the authors decided that their supposedly strong main empire thingies wouldn't have a chance if the baddies weren't behind a massive locked door.

Also, that reminds me, why do most (it seems) fantasies focus on the "decline" period of an empire, and not the vigorous youthful expansion? No competitors worthy of note and thus no potential for drama?

This post has been edited by Sombra: 19 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   wolf_2099 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • I like cake.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

People like seeing others fail.
"HAIL THE MARINES!"

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

View PostSombra, on 19 November 2009 - 10:10 AM, said:

Why does every second fantasy epic have a big-arse wall or mountain range in the north (generally) keeping the civilised southerners from having their butts whipped by the barbarians? Shades of Hadrian, perhaps?

It's like all the authors decided that their supposedly strong main empire thingies wouldn't have a chance if the baddies weren't behind a massive locked door.

Also, that reminds me, why do most (it seems) fantasies focus on the "decline" period of an empire, and not the vigorous youthful expansion? No competitors worthy of note and thus no potential for drama?

Perhaps.....just perhaps the Shieldwall was put up by the Icemen....cause they don't like their southern Aleran neighbors? (I could be talking out of my ass though)
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users