• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So where will TCG be set? Spoilers obviously.. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   M'ichael 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

I hope, that there won't be new boring characters like the snake kids, because we have SOOOO many great chars, that it would be a shame not to use them, e.g. like Karsa (maybe the most important char of em all!), Kallor (why the return, when not used?), Kruppe (the EEL!!! dammit!) or so. I hope that TCG will play on Genabackis, on Seven Cities AND Letheri, because it would fit very good to the other 9 books to bring ALL threads together in the final book. And if Erikson will reduce the nonsense blablabla of some unimportant corporals to a minimum, there should be enough place to finish all storylines which have appeared in the last books.

#22 User is offline   SpectreofEschaton 

• Herald of the Black Dawn
  • Interests:self-annihilation

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

I for one really hope TCG ends up being the longest book in the series. A million or so words would be cool. :blink:
These glories we have raised... they shall not stand.

#23 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, I thought Ganoes/MoD got name-dropped far too often in DoD to not make an appearance in TCG.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#24 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

View PostKanubis, on 22 October 2009 - 10:46 AM, said:

Edit: I put my first ever thread in the wrong damn forum, didn't I? Go me!
Edit2: Thankyou kindly moderator person :(

So far we have 9 books, and it's 3 per continent:

GotM, MoI, TtH: Genabackis
DG, HoC, tBH: Seven Cities
MT,RG,DoD: Letheri Continent

where does this lead no. 10? Logically, with DoD's cliffhanger ending, it would be Letherii as well, but who does that leave in the cold:

Karsa
Kalam (he's not dead dammit)
Paran (though you'd expect the Master of Deck to have some nifty convenient travelling options)
The Coral Tiste Andii
Felisin the Younger
Kallor (no way can they wrap up Draconus and K'rul's story without him?)
Traveller (although he seems to travel well)
Heboric, Itkovian (Despite being kinda... dead, I got the impression in TtH that Itkovian was fairly bound to a certain location. If so, I'd assume his fellow dead Shield Anvil to be similarly bound)
Cutter
Apsalar
Silverfox and her undead chums
Caladan "I have a big hammer that is very important" Brood

It just doesn't seem feasible that these could all be excluded, nor that they could all get to the Letherii continent.

I'd be interest in trying to get a list of every story thread that neesd to be wrapped up - I'm sure the list above isn't complete! I haven't included everything I thought of, since some stuff (Wickans etc.) seem to be ICE's to deal with now.

How about the last book being part of all three? The main story will be Kolanse, but the side stories will be genebackis and seven cities. Isn't the crippled god spread through the world of wu, why not involve all three continents!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#25 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

The Crippled God is on a few other continents too, such as Korel, but we are fairly certain that ICE is the only one that will write about that continent. The Crippled God's 'heart' is supposed to be in Kolanse IIRC so if the Crippled God's charred remains make up the setting, it is likely that our characters will only visit the most important one, where all the action is going down.

This post has been edited by MTS: 06 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#26 User is offline   Baudinsballs 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Obviously on the place they are now as it's all one book thats been split.

I'll be pissed off if it ends on a fade to black or gets the LOST Ending even though I loved that ending.

Spoilers! It's called book of the fallen for a reason. The Crippled God is really a good guy acting evil to bring them all together so they can find themselves and move on.

#27 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

well it will have to go back to genebackis or seven cities for a few reasons, the main one being Paran. He was in the first book, he has been influencial in the series, admitting the crippled god into the deck of dragons, and the fact that the elder gods want to wage war with the new gods etc.

#28 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

i think paran is coming to the story, not the other way round. now that there's an azath on the wastelands, paran could just pop out with the host there, reuniting icarium and gothos just for something to do on the way :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#29 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

I forgot about the Azath on the wastelands!! So this is where you think he'll appear? have you seen the blurby for the crippled god? would you set much store by it?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users