Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I RAGE

#1 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

And here I was planning on getting this...

THE sequel to a popular video game has been banned in Australia after failing to receive a rating of MA15+.

Left 4 Dead 2 was refused classification by the Classifications Board this week, meaning it will be banned from sale.

In its report the board said the game, due to be released in November, contained "realistic, frenetic and unrelenting violence".

"The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons under 18 years to play," the report said.

Related story Click here to read the Classification Board's report (PDF, 600k)

There is no adult rating for video games in Australia. Any game that fails to meet the criteria for MA15+ is refused classification.

Gametraders national marketing manager Chad Polley said the decision was "hugely disappointing".

"Left 4 Dead 2 was expected to be even bigger than the original version," he said.

"We had huge predictions of sales."

At least one member of the Classifications Board disagreed with the decision.

"A minority of the board is of the opinion that the violence is strong in playing impact and therefore warrants an MA15+ classification," the report said.

Such a classification would have allowed the game to be sold in Australia.

Mr Polley said the decision highlighted the need to reform the rating system for games.

"We would love to see an R18+ rating introduced for more transparency around games," he said.

Earlier today distributor Electronic Arts told gaming blog Kotaku it was in discussions with the Office of Film and Literature Classification.

"(We) are still working through the submission process with the OFLC and want to explore all opportunities before making any comment," the company said.

Left 4 Dead 2 is the fourth title to be banned in Australia this year after strip poker game Sexy Poker, shooter Necrovision and role-playing game Risen.

Edited versions of Sexy Poker and Necrovision were both rated M after resubmission.

The plot of the original Left 4 Dead followed four survivors of a medical pandemic as they battled zombie-like victims. It received several end-of-year awards from gaming publications.

I hate censorship. Would there be a way to get this online for the 360?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#2 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

amazon is your friend

This post has been edited by dktorode: 17 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

What the fuck is wrong with Australia.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

wrong with australia?

well maybe this
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#5 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Now now, guys, keep the Australia-bashing to a minimum, please. ;)
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

Is Australia stuck somewhere in the 80s?

How has it not sunk into the conservatives heads yet that now a days the people shelling out the most cash on video games are people over 18 years. There's probably more, many more, people over 18 than below buying and playing video games.

I would like the watch Yahtzee's reaction to this. He's let small jibes at the censorship and distribution ship before when he was unable to get various games via normal channels.

#7 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

lolocopter!

Don't feel too bad, amazon is a friend here as well. Not to mention there are many other holiday season games that are likely to be much better.

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

What is the purpose of banning a game and then letting the populace import it via Amazon?

Silly Aussies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users