Malazan Empire: New ICE interview with a didbit covering what books are next. - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New ICE interview with a didbit covering what books are next. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

Yes! 2 Malazan books next year!
If its late 2010 we may get them within a month or 2 of each other.

I have a feeling that Stonewielder will be his best yet. Koreli has not being explored by SE so ICE will be free to do his own thing without comparisons to SE's work.

#22 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'm kind of thinking that due to the late publication date it's going to have to be published after The Crippled God - I don't have any inside information in case that is what you're wondering, but I do think that there must be something in TCG that affects the story line in Stonewielder. Just an opinion.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#23 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

Is it PS Publishing for this book again Hetan? Or just the main (big) publishers? So they can space out the books from ICE and SE into the right chronological order?

And I thought that only ICE's last book would be an "epilogue" book set after TCG?
Maybe whats in Stonewielder would be a line or 2 about the events that happened in TCG.

#24 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

It's the main publisher, Transworld for this one.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#25 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

Assail for last? GOD DAMN IT. If it's going to be the case in point, the final brush, etc, just give us some hints, dammit! What makes it so fearsome? Why does everyone sane shrug off any idea of going there as stupid and suicidal? Why does anyone bother with the rest of the world if there's so much kickass planted in there? Why don't the Assail people reach out and curb stomp everyone else into submission?

keeping all this from us faithful readers is just plain cold blooded cruel. It's... it's... just please, please give us some hint of it sooner than 10 years from now? Please?

This post has been edited by Gothos: 16 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#26 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

View PostGothos, on 16 January 2010 - 10:10 PM, said:

Assail for last? GOD DAMN IT. If it's going to be the case in point, the final brush, etc, just give us some hints, dammit! What makes it so fearsome? Why does everyone sane shrug off any idea of going there as stupid and suicidal?

The drop bears.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 16 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27 User is offline   Kryphon 

• Lieutenant

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

I hope Assail's solution calls for a healthy dose of Toblakia rampaging through and destroying everything that moves. I know I'm in the minority, but I want to see Karsa deliver justice to oppressed people. And justify my ultimate belief in him.

Although... No offense to ICE, I don't think I want him messing with Karsa. That's best left for SE.

#28 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

You're going to be as disappointed as I was that Karsa's going to be in Darujistan for ICE's novel set there and dealing with the Tyrant.

Spoiler

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RULE IS FOR SPOILERS IN THE FORTHCOMING FORUMS AAAAAAAAARGH

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 05 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#29 User is offline   Kryphon 

• Lieutenant

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

I will just have to trust in ICE;s ability to not ruin my favorite charcter. No pressure, Ian! Nooone at all....

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users