Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ardata Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

What do people think about her involvement in everything to come? In the meeting of the EGs they talk about how Ardata was always adept at evading their notice. She's the Queen of Spiders, Mogora is her witch, she's involved in what happened to the Moon, she has an empire on Jacurucku, and has ties to Skinner, who is now the King in Chains. Could we be seeing some of her handiwork in TCG? It would seem odd to have all this build up with Skinner and Mogora for it not to amount to anything.

Unless she's destined for an ICE novel of course...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#2 User is offline   Set'alahd Crool 

• First Sword

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

Ardata is surely up to something. Don't forget about Mappo. He's in her debt and likely to be called to repay said debt in tCG. I'm sure ST knows what she's up to; it's hardly a coincidence that Pust and Mogora are together.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

I think she's a Esslemont project. I would be surprised if she becomes involved in TCG, but you never know.

If Skinner shows up I think she might be involved, but otherwise I doubt it.

#4 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Sigh, you may be right.

Ah well, at least we'll have Grizzin Farl for the finale :)
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#5 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Actually, since I brought it up in another thread, I have a crazy theory that Ardata will be discovered by Hellian.

Think about it - ever since Hellian's upbringing on white paralt isle(or whatever the island was, I can't recall atm) she has been petrified of spiders. How many spiders has she ever actually encountered through the course of the novels? I can't think of any. I don't think it's in SE's nature to introduce such a vital part of Hellian's personality without eventually using it. I can't think of a more amusing end to Hellian's story arc than having Mogora grab her and then introduce her to the Spider Queen, hahaha!(make me laugh just thinking about Hellian's reaction. It would snap her sober right quick)

This post has been edited by Tarcanus: 22 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

#6 User is offline   Lucky Revenant 

• Corporal

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Oh, Ardata is her name? Was this revealed in Crimson Guard? I really need to read that one...

#7 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

Lucky Revenant, on 23 February 2010 - 12:18 AM, said:

Oh, Ardata is her name? Was this revealed in Crimson Guard? I really need to read that one...

Nah, Ardata is mentioned a handful of times throughout SE's main arc, too - not just in RotCG. No worries.

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Tarcanus, on 23 February 2010 - 04:02 AM, said:

Lucky Revenant, on 23 February 2010 - 12:18 AM, said:

Nah, Ardata is mentioned a handful of times throughout SE's main arc, too - not just in RotCG. No worries.

Though you really SHOULD read RotCG. Very worth it.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users