Malazan Empire: The fisherman - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The fisherman Yes, him

#1 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

Was he the "grandfather" in the epilogue? And was he a very powerful mage or an Elder God?
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#2 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

No he wasn't the Grandfather. The Fisherman was in the end overcome and died, that's why Kiska aunt(can't remeber her name) asked for Tay's help. And I don't think it was that much powerful of a mage. As Kiska's aun told Tay, he had a connection with all the Mages of Malaz Island and used thair power to repel the Stormguys( man what has happened to my memory?). So when Laseen culled mostof the magic users, he wasn't able to repel them as he had(presumably) done before.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on Jul 8 2009, 05:30 AM, said:

No he wasn't the Grandfather. The Fisherman was in the end overcome and died, that's why Kiska aunt(can't remeber her name) asked for Tay's help. And I don't think it was that much powerful of a mage. As Kiska's aun told Tay, he had a connection with all the Mages of Malaz Island and used thair power to repel the Stormguys( man what has happened to my memory?). So when Laseen culled mostof the magic users, he wasn't able to repel them as he had(presumably) done before.

He says in the beginning he's never even had to go out into the storm during any past Rider attacks. I'd also note that Agayla says this attack is extremely ferocious, that there hasn't been any like it since the earliest ones.

So, Agayla implying the cull of mages has reduced the island's defense, it could simply mean that the many magic-users' collective ability was sufficient in the past to defeat the smaller attacks and therefore Tomin didn't have to go out into the waters, but the combination of very few mages and it being a more potent attack forced him to do so this time to save the island.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

I reckon the Fisherman was, at least, the equal of the likes of Agyala and Obo. He was the champion of the island and had been for many years, I don't reckon you'd have wanted to fuck with him on a good day.

But the strength of the Stormriders were still too much.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Not exactly a mage or a god but an Ascendent who drew on the collective power of the many minor mages (say that ten times fast) and talents on Malaz island.

As above, he was weakened by the purge of the Mouse, plus the Stormriders were being especially enthusiastic, perhaps because of the Shadow Moon and the possibility of seizing Meanas - Edgewalker or someone notes a force of ice invading the warren at some point.

- Abyss, liked the imagery of the ship being dropped on him.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users