• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

View PostCaptain Oblivious, on Jul 1 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

Felisin the Fatter,

Genius
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#22 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

Sorry dont remember the DS name.

Karnadas. And he is the Destriant. I guess he could have been given the Job after Heborics downfall.

Do we think that even though Heboric is a member of Treach's house3 that he is still loyal to Fener? And I understand that there is really no reason that followers / High ranking members of the separate cult have to hate / oppose each other, but it certainly seems like a conflict of interest.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#23 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

Well, it seems he's always had a connection to Fener, being a consecrated priest in his name at one point, than he does with Treach, who just appointed him without consent or communique. Plus, in the prologue I believe he talks to Fener about being "his god". So he is still loyal to Fener - whether that's guilt for his actions or true loyalty is debatable, but I'm inclined towards the latter.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#24 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

There's a quote somewhere (can't remember, sorry) to the effect that Heboric's tattoos after the Reve was carried out showed that Fener rejected the Reve as being unjust. One questions how Heboric could possibly have misinterpreted those tattoos if this were true, though.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#25 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

One questions how Heboric could possibly have misinterpreted those tattoos if this were true, though.

Thats a good question. Maybe Heboric had not before witnessed a Reve, and just didnt know what to look for. I'll admit that sounds weak since he was a priest you would hink he would be up to speed with Tattoo markings from his god...
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#26 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Perhaps he had never witnessed a unjust Reve?
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#27 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

Perhaps the tatoos never said that at all and you are mistaken? Give us a quote!!!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#28 User is offline   lobo the wolfman 

• Wide Eyed Stupid
  • Interests:Beer, books and heavy metal.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

I thought Heboric already had his tattoos before the Reve?
In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users