• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 47 - City of Saints and Madmen Festival of the Squid, and other horros

#21 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

two likes!, a like like, forth with of Wast heartyness. That joke hath worn thin the sheath of my patience already and from my lips bubble forth it doth.

#22 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

i must be surrounded by :p cause everyone just disappeared.

#23 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

Dont know what this is based on so RP for me is pointless :p

#24 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

until i hath better ideas, springing and growing and abounding in my mind i shalt fruits labour jibberishness as if thou wouldst in a cad play of fobbish cadness.

yon list of power distrubited forth seed like and bearing, ist confusing and somewhat contrary. why wouldst duncan, a man deemed to fight the infection, appear as one?

#25 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

or i might just talk properly as thats too difficult.

#26 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

View PostGamelon, on Jun 22 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

Dont know what this is based on so RP for me is pointless :p

Likewise
I still am not too sure on all of the mechanics too lol :p Seems we have alot more scum than I thought

#27 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:03 AM

21 players, i think with the 3.5 rule we have 5 scum with 1 doppleganger and 4 evils. probably 2 evils and 2 symps with 1 doppleganger and one infected from the start (thats in the rules above).

#28 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

View PostEmurlahn, on Jun 22 2009, 05:48 AM, said:

until i hath better ideas, springing and growing and abounding in my mind i shalt fruits labour jibberishness as if thou wouldst in a cad play of fobbish cadness.

yon list of power distrubited forth seed like and bearing, ist confusing and somewhat contrary. why wouldst duncan, a man deemed to fight the infection, appear as one?

I assume he appears as one because we probably are not getting a name in the CF.
And this would make it hard for him to reveal or something...?

Makes no sense to me otherwise...unless its to confuse finders

*shrugg*

#29 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

And whats to stop infected just saying on thread that they are infected and begging to be cured? I mean one of our townsfolk, is currently infected. I cannot see any reason for them not to come forward, if i have read the opening rule set correctly anyone can be infected, no one is immune, bar duncan. Therefore if everyday the infected come forth, the doppleganger is effectively useless.

"The infected are of no faction. If they die while being infected they automatically lose, no matter which faction ends up victorious. There is but three exceptions. 1) An infected that dies while being the DG's chosen replacement will potsthumously be included in the DG's faction and thus win when the DG wins. 2) If an infected player holds a killing power and use that to kill Duncan Shriek (or after Duncan's death; Janice Shriek) the infected becomes a full fledged symp of the DG and learns the identity of its master. 3) An infected can return to its original faction by being cured by Duncan or Janice shriek."

Being infected doesnt make you part of that faction, instead you are effectively losing. To alleviate that you have to hope you are given the dg power or cured or kill duncan. I mean the incentives are stacked toward revealing infection. It could also give us a pattern as to which way the dg is thinking.

#30 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

Hmmm.... I am thinking that the infected are going to be rather interesting this game, but is it just me or does the DP and infected sound like a rather spastic cult?

Also, love the new alt (Eloth not me), its so pretty! :p

As for distribution, well we were promised lots of death. So I am thinking the scum have more symps than killers and that we probably have a fair few number of vigs floating around.

And everyone knows how the vigs love to shoot their load on the first night around these parts :p

Edit: would you believe it, a crosspost!!!!

This post has been edited by Silanah: 22 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

#31 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

View PostEmurlahn, on Jun 22 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

And whats to stop infected just saying on thread that they are infected and begging to be cured? I mean one of our townsfolk, is currently infected. I cannot see any reason for them not to come forward, if i have read the opening rule set correctly anyone can be infected, no one is immune, bar duncan. Therefore if everyday the infected come forth, the doppleganger is effectively useless.

"The infected are of no faction. If they die while being infected they automatically lose, no matter which faction ends up victorious. There is but three exceptions. 1) An infected that dies while being the DG's chosen replacement will potsthumously be included in the DG's faction and thus win when the DG wins. 2) If an infected player holds a killing power and use that to kill Duncan Shriek (or after Duncan's death; Janice Shriek) the infected becomes a full fledged symp of the DG and learns the identity of its master. 3) An infected can return to its original faction by being cured by Duncan or Janice shriek."

Being infected doesnt make you part of that faction, instead you are effectively losing. To alleviate that you have to hope you are given the dg power or cured or kill duncan. I mean the incentives are stacked toward revealing infection. It could also give us a pattern as to which way the dg is thinking.

This is a very good point, I'm surprised there is nothing in the rules to prevent you just coming forward and saying that you're infected. Since the infected are not automatically part of the DG's faction, revealing doesnt break the 'playing against your faction' rule. As you say there's little to prevent an infected from revealing. Unless the DG's kill ability is processed before Duncan's cure - if the DG kills everyone who reveals that night before they are cured, then people will be much less likely to reveal since it will mean they automatically lose. Some clarification from the mods on how those actions are processed will probably have a big impact on how this game is played.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:25 AM

You're welcome to read the rules again, perhaps there'll be enlightenment to be found :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#33 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

haha - bloody morgie changing the role.

The order of night actions:
Guard -> Heal -> Synapse overload (not affected by guard) ->Infect -> Find -> Desinfect -> Kill

says that above roles now :p

#34 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

So much for that idea then.

#35 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

View PostMorgoth, on Jun 17 2009, 07:36 PM, said:

This is a CF game. A player will come up as Scum, Innocent, or Infected.

The order of night actions:
Guard -> Heal -> Synapse overload (not affected by guard) ->Infect -> Find -> Desinfect -> Kill

-------

The infected

The infected are of no faction. If they die while being infected they automatically lose, no matter which faction ends up victorious. There is but three exceptions. 1) An infected that dies while being the DG's chosen replacement will potsthumously be included in the DG's faction and thus win when the DG wins. 2) If an infected player holds a killing power and use that to kill Duncan Shriek (or after Duncan's death; Janice Shriek) the infected becomes a full fledged symp of the DG and learns the identity of its master. 3) An infected can return to its original faction by being cured by Duncan or Janice shriek.

If the DG v2 dies, all infected are cured.

If all players are infected, or it's obvious that the DG faction will win, the infected stil alive win as part of the DG faction.

Hmm, I swear the order of NA's wasnt there earlier :p

So the DG's kill goes through before Duncan's heal - if someone reveals as infected it's obvious the DG will kill them rather than have someone going back to being inno. So I'd say that right there is the main reason people will not be in a rush to reveal. That and staying alive and helping the DG means you get added to his faction when he wins.

Hehe, crosspost

This post has been edited by Eloth: 22 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

#36 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:secks

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hello everybody. :p

View PostEmurlahn, on Jun 22 2009, 11:15 AM, said:

And whats to stop infected just saying on thread that they are infected and begging to be cured?

Nice idea, but it was never going to be that easy. :p

Vote Thyrllan

For no reason at all.

#37 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:secks

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

Eloth's av is better than mine. :p

#38 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

wow....the karat alt brings back memories

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

though the tail is not as long as once was :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#40 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

View PostKaratallid, on Jun 22 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

Eloth's av is better than mine. :p

I agree
Vote Karatallid
So we dont have to see your ugly face anymore >:p

Share this topic:

• 93 Pages +
  • Last »