• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will we ever get to see the Seguleh 1st? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

The Seg1st was working with Krul and Envy against the CG back in MoI, so it's not unthinkable that we'll see him/her in some capacity.

Given what we've learned about Seguleh history, it would be a kick to find out the Seg1st is still working for the Darujhistan Tyrant-King(s) and taking out the CG is just to ensure a rival is out of the picture.

- Abyss, speculative.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#22 User is offline   Deragoth 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

The First is actually Kruppe

#23 User is offline   lord of tragedy 

• High Fist

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

and prust is the living second?

wonder if icarium ever met them?
paolo nutini is class.
sitting down here in the campfire light, waiting on the ghost of tom joad.

#24 User is offline   Leoman of the Flails 

• Corporal

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

i bet skinner is the seguleh first...

#25 User is offline   Newbee 

• Corporal

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

View PostLeoman of the Flails, on Jun 19 2009, 07:19 PM, said:

i bet skinner is the seguleh first...

Mok would have eaten him alive.

#26 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

not to start a who'd win, but since i agree that mok would slaughter skinner, imagine mok and traveller!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#27 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Traveller by far!
Or perhaps not by far but he should win.
All respect to Mok but there his out of his league.

This post has been edited by Sheve: 19 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#28 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

not without a fight, out of his league is a bit strong i think. even the first recognizes him as a legitimate rival and thats almost as good as calling mok the first, so out of his league? not a chance
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#29 User is offline   The Crow 

• Corporal
  • Food is appreciated.

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

View PostAptorian, on Jun 7 2009, 06:31 PM, said:

The Errant is very much an Elder God, so is Osserc, but Rake is not. Osserc accepted the burden of godhood, Rake denied his worshippers and as such is not a god, elder or younger.

Alright, first off, I'm only half way through Midnight Tides, so it's more than likely more stuff has been revealed about this, but on page 449 of Midnight Tides (Bantam Books paperback), Buggs states the following:

"'Not much. The language on the door belongs to an extinct people known as the Forkul Assail, who are collectively personified in our Fulcra by the personage we call the Errant.'"

Seeing that English isn't my native language, it is possible that I'm missing out on some nuancing of the words, but as far as I can tell, he pretty much says that their Errant is the Forkrul Assail. If this is actually true, wouldn't this make the Errant a non-EG?
QUOTE (Darkwatch @ May 22 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twilight is the latest thing out of Pandora's Box.

#30 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:32 AM

Read on, it's sort of a paradox, because the FA and the Errant as sort of oppositions. But these are also forces, not people that we are speaking off.

If you are or were a god and you were worshipped before K'rull made the warrens the CG fell, etc. then you are counted as an Elder God because you were worshipped in the Elder Times.

I think you're making a mistake of thinking that it is only K'rull, Draconus and Sister of Coldnights group that are "real" Elder Gods. It's a broader concept. Confussing in true Eriksonian fashion.

#31 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

back on seguleh topic on page 462 were the two trygallle members are goin on about the revanants, a unit/company led by renegade segeluh. It says that hood took the revanants to serve him ie madrun and that escaped him but the seguleh second could also have been renegade and this is how he wasunder hoods service. Also explains why hes a bit more talkative like madrun an co

#32 User is offline   ISTN4249 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Well in TTH we kind of get the idea what the Seg 2nd is super old and that the "fever zeal" that keeps most Seguleh from talking is a more recent addition to Seguleh culture that he finds ridiculous

Although....he could still be a renegade Seguleh

On the other hand...whatever resulted in a bunch of Seguleh going renegade could have sparked the fever zeal that made the rest of the Seg shut their mouths. I havent reread TTH or the older books (im rereading Bonehunters and RG now) but that could spark some interesting speculation.

1) Maybe the Seg 2nd and the other renegades didn't agree with a decision that the 1rst laid down and were just like...peace out bitches we ain't doing this. Rather than killing off half the seguleh population in a fight between a couple top tier swordsmen and everyone below them, they were excommunicated. What may have followed was a "code" that touted silence and to speak was an insult/inferior and showed lack of skill/discipline. That way nobody is going to question decisions by the first, etc.(
orrrrrr

(a decision involving the Tyrant? being pickled and stored for readiness?)

ohh part 2) If the 2nd is actually a renegade then one would assume he would be stripped of rank (like Rell). But obviously we haven't seen another living Seguleh 2nd. We've speculated its b/c the undead 2nd is still running around and technically isnt dead dead and therefore keeps his rank. It could also be because that even though he is considered a renegade and has been stripped (according to the Seguleh first and crew) nobody amongst the Seguleh are crazy enough to try and rundown a renegade undead Seguleh 2nd thats been powered up by Hood. Or for that matter crazy enough to try and claim his position when the undead 2nd could very well show up out of nowhere and slice their head off for trying to claim his spot.

which leads to the third speculation

3) Seguleh 1rst was like YO these renegades are out, someone needs to take the 2nds spot NOW. The other Seg's looked at the ground and shuffled their feet and were like..."Uhh that's probably a really bad idea dude super zombie 2nd can definately kick our asses" and the first was like "GOD DAMMIT stop questioning me. If you talk you are a pussy, stop talking you pussies" and the 2nd was just :question: and went on his merry way

This post has been edited by ISTN4249: 13 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

#33 User is offline   Fox 

• Sergeant

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

View PostISTN4249, on Jul 13 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

which leads to the third speculation

3) Seguleh 1rst was like YO these renegades are out, someone needs to take the 2nds spot NOW. The other Seg's looked at the ground and shuffled their feet and were like..."Uhh that's probably a really bad idea dude super zombie 2nd can definately kick our asses" and the first was like "GOD DAMMIT stop questioning me. If you talk you are a pussy, stop talking you pussies" and the 2nd was just :harhar: and went on his merry way

For the win.

#34 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

how could the othe seguleh take the role of 2nd? Say for arguements sake that skinner killed the 2nd. that would mean he was the second but he obviosly wouldnt wear the mask. Furthermore the other segeluh, lik rake and mok at the end of MOI, wouldnt be able to get to him as the CGRD would jut blow them up

#35 User is offline   Seras 

• Wicked Sick
  • View gallery
  • Interests:MBotF, Anime, Hockey, Strawberry Icecream, Parkour, Piano, Gaming, Music

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

View PostISTN4249, on Jul 13 2009, 10:54 AM, said:

Well in TTH we kind of get the idea what the Seg 2nd is super old and that the "fever zeal" that keeps most Seguleh from talking is a more recent addition to Seguleh culture that he finds ridiculous

Although....he could still be a renegade Seguleh

On the other hand...whatever resulted in a bunch of Seguleh going renegade could have sparked the fever zeal that made the rest of the Seg shut their mouths. I havent reread TTH or the older books (im rereading Bonehunters and RG now) but that could spark some interesting speculation.

well another thing like this is in MOI, when Lady Envy mentions Rake, Mok says something like "Blacksword", and says that the Mask of the 7th (i think?) still waits for Rake, and they demand he gets it - that shows that the person doesn't even need to accept the position, yet can still hold it. In the case of the 2nd he accepts the position more or less, so i think the Seguleh just acknowledge the fact he's alive, and that the position is his - they can't really claim it seeing as they're on an island.....and the 2nd is off to hunt skinner (also methinks the Seguleh 1st will be badass beyond belief, he must be the 1st for a reason, seeing as Mok already seems quite badass, same with the 2nd) :harhar:
Lives and loves, the gamut of existence was marked by such things. A breaking of paths, the ragged, uneven ever-forward stumble. Blood dried, eventually. Turned to dust. The corpses of kings were laid down and sealed in darkness and set away, to be forgotten. Graves were dug for fallen soldiers, vast pits like mouths in the earth, opened in hunger, and all the bodies were tumbled down, each exhaling a last gasp of lime dust. Survivors grieved, for a time, and looked upon empty rooms and empty beds, the scattering of possessions no-one possessed any longer, and wondered what was to come, what would be written anew on the wiped-clean slate. Wondering, how can I go on?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users