• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will we ever get to see the Seguleh 1st? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Aooga 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Does the dude ever plan to leave his little island? Will ICE be writing more about the Seguleh in his Darujhistan novel? Why can't we have him take out a copule of ascendants or Hounds in a small DoD or TCG cameo prior to that?

*getting antsy*

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

Because that would ruin the suspense?

Besides Grizzin Farl the Elder God of Toast and Nefarias Bredd, The First is probably one of the most mysterious characters in the book.

#3 User is offline   Aooga 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

umm...pardon my igonrance but who the hell are Grizzin Farl and Nefarias Bredd?

I just have this feeling that maybe the first is a known character. It'd be fairly easy for the Seguleh to go under cover by simply uncovering if y'know what I mean.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Who the hell are Grizin Farl and Nefarias Bredd indeed. Nobody knows, but they sound interesting, read on. We've not met them yet in the series.

As for the First. He is the ruler of the Seguleh peoples society (at least the martial part) and as such you shouldn't suspect him to pop up suddenly on the other side of the globe. Seguleh politics wouldn't allow him to go on adventures like the second or Mok.

#5 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

Grizzin Farl is as far as I can remember the only named Elder God we know nothing about. Nefarias Bredd on the other hand owes me a twenty.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#6 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

When was Grizzin Farl mentioned?
And we dont know more about Sechul Lath then his name, or at least i think so.(Gothos in MOI prologue)

This post has been edited by Lisheo: 07 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

It's some random name thrown out. I think it may be in BH when Quick, Kalam and Cots are in the abandoned Elder God tempel... maybe.

EDIT: We suspect that Sechul Lath is Knuckles, the FA in RG.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 07 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

#8 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

Grizzen Farl is mentioned in tBH, when Cotillion finds the Elder God shrine in the Imperial Warren (after Quick Ben falls through it.)
Sechul Lath appears in RG; he's the being called Knuckles. Or at least, thats the popular opinion.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#9 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Kilmandaros kalls Knuckles setch-,
Sure its not the first time names change but still. kilmandaros and Gothos should know the "true" name.

Have every single mention of FA or even possible mention bookmarked and are atm trying to write them in a txt file, to lazy tho:(

This post has been edited by Sheve: 07 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

And serve it to a pig
And dance a dickless jig

#10 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

View PostSheve, on Jun 7 2009, 04:40 PM, said:

Kilmandaros kalls Knuckles setch-,
Sure its not the first time names change but still. kilmandaros and Gothos should know the "true" name.

Knuckles, iirc, cuts her off before she finishes, suggesting there's more to the name; and as Knuckles is one of the Elder Forces in the Letherii creation myths, it's a fair enough guess that he's an Elder God. ;)
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#11 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

Ay sure, but can a elder god be mother to a elder god?
And serve it to a pig
And dance a dickless jig

#12 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

View PostSheve, on Jun 7 2009, 04:43 PM, said:

Ay sure, but can a elder god be mother to a elder god?

There is a precedent. Osric is an Elder God, and is the son of Father Light, presumably an Elder God.
- China Mieville

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

Elder God is a broad term, it basically envelopes all worshipped ascendants that exist(ed) before the House System was implemented and the time of the younger races began.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 07 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

#14 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

For my part, I would love to see Logros of the Logros T'lan Imass. Often mentioned, never seen leader of the T'lan Imass charged with defending the First Throne.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#15 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

Errants an EG but not really

Also is Osric an EG? If so then sos Rake? I thought EG had to be native to Wu ie mael Kilmandarios etc

#16 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Actually EG don't come from Wu or at least not all of them. MD and FL are an obvious example (they come respectively from KG and KT) and so is Mael( the seas and more specifically the warren of Ruse(or Deanath Ruse)). K'rul, Draconus and SoCN also had realms to go in the prologue of MoI , although they could very well not be their home.And of course Tiam(if you want to consider heran EG) is from Starvald Demelain.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 07 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

View Posttiam, on Jun 7 2009, 08:24 PM, said:

Errants an EG but not really

Also is Osric an EG? If so then sos Rake? I thought EG had to be native to Wu ie mael Kilmandarios etc

This is an old discussion Tiam.

Like I wrote above any god that is older than the house system is consideres Elder.

There are the Elder Gods connected with the elements and, it would seem, Mother Dark. And there are other Elder Gods that seem to originate on Wu, or have ascended through followers worship.

The Errant is very much an Elder God, so is Osserc, but Rake is not. Osserc accepted the burden of godhood, Rake denied his worshippers and as such is not a god, elder or younger.

#18 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

View PostKhellendros, on Jun 7 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

For my part, I would love to see Logros of the Logros T'lan Imass. Often mentioned, never seen leader of the T'lan Imass charged with defending the First Throne.

Me too. It's weird how we never see the army leaders (I guess that's just Logros and Kron insofar). Maybe we'll see some on Assail in ICE's novel.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#19 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

View PostD'rek, on Jun 7 2009, 03:13 PM, said:

Me too. It's weird how we never see the army leaders (I guess that's just Logros and Kron insofar). Maybe we'll see some on Assail in ICE's novel.

didn't we meet kron in MoI? along with olar ethil?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#20 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on Jun 7 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

View PostD'rek, on Jun 7 2009, 03:13 PM, said:

didn't we meet kron in MoI? along with olar ethil?

Don't think so. I think it was just all the Bonecasters that came up to chat with Silverfox

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users