• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about chronology Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Aooga 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hi, this may be a n00b question but I dont knwo where else to ask this so:

Assumption: The Crippled God is supposed to be the last word on the Malazan story arcs.

Given Erikson's record it'll be out by aug 2010. ICE still has 3 more full length books to go. So....

..if all major story arcs are supposed to end with The Crippled God then what's ICE gonna write about? or are all his books gonna be pre-TCG? in that case wont TCG be just one big ass spolier for all ICE books?

#2 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

We're still not totally sure - it looks like Stonewielder will follow concurrently with Dust of Dreams and possibly The Crippled God. As to the others, I'm not sure whether those storylines relate at all with the main Erikson storyline? In Darujhistan (his next after Stonewielder), he will focus on
Spoiler
(TTH spoilers), and in the next one he will be focusing on happenings in Assail. Maybe these will happen after TCG, but maybe not, but if they do, I don't think it will impact very much. Not sure if there are any others planned (does he have a 6 book contract?), but it looks like the storylines don't have a big correlation with the storylines in Erikson's book. At the very most there will be sideways spoilers like in TTH for ROTCG, but I think ICE and SE will work to avoid cross-over spoilers.

Does that answer any of your questions?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#3 User is offline   Aooga 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hi. thansk for feedback. Dunno if this question can as such be asnwered. Yes I figure the timelines will soemhow run concurrant but unless he can put out two books a year he's not gonan be able to catch up with SE's timeline. I guess then Stoneweilder will probably tie in with TCG and then the other books should be post TCG....Else it's all buggered.

#4 User is offline   Masonity 

• Sergeant

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

TCG isn't supposed to end the uiniverse, tie up all the stories so far, etc.

It simply closes the main storyline, which is the fight with the CG / Shadowthrones plan.

Remember, SE and ICE have made a living world. For a real life example, TCG could end the "War in Afganistan" storyline. Doesn't mean ICE can't write about "The war in Iraq" or "The world cup" or "England's next election". Hell, SE and ICE can even write about "China in the 1800s" or "America in the year 2100" if they choose to. TCG ends Erikson's main storyline (and probably phases out / completes the tale for lots of main characters), but there are always other events going on, both in the present, the past and the futuere.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users