• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diplomacy 6 - Colonial Spring 1873 - Move Deadline Monday, July 13th, 9pm

#81 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

I have to go back to the UK for an exam, so I will be internetless the next few days, so all communications to mappo please.

#82 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

Guys, I'll be away from anything resembling a normal life for the next 2 days. I humbly ask for an extension of the moves until friday or saturday night, if possible.

Build F Madras
Build F Bombay

This post has been edited by Tapper: 29 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#83 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

Slick Mongoose, on Jun 29 2009, 04:38 AM, said:

From the first post:

Units using the TSR can not attack occupied spaces.

But it seems harsh that the Russians didn't get a reply before the move went through...... Did you guys send in a move for "if we can't do this, then move here"?

I asked "can I do this? if not, I need time to change answer"

mind, I've asked this last Saturday, I believe

also, i'm at work for the next two days, and I come home from that in no state to do anything requiring coherence.

I'd ask for a move deadline no earlier than Thursday, please.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#84 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Consensus seems to be a move deadline as late as possible this week, so we'll go for Friday night, and I'll resolve builds tomorrow night (i'll edit the thread title as adjudicator dont worry).

So, Wednesday night, 8pm - Build Deadline
Friday night, 8pm - Move Deadline

Ok with everyone? All times are English times by the way, so that I believe is GMT plus 1 hour, as we are now in the summer, so we have British Summer Time.

#85 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Incidentally, I have PMd my builds, but as it's effectively to myself I may as well post them here:

Build F KYU
Build F KYO
Build F TOK

#86 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

Build

A sik
A mac

Thanks.
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#87 User is offline   Adjudicator 

• First Sword
  • Group: Diplomacy Adjudicator

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

I believe we are just waiting on the Dutch build now, I understand there's been some confusion with the TSR but I wasnt adjudicating then so there's not much I can really do, and it does state clearly in the initial post of the thread the rules regarding the TSR and attacking using it.

Units using the TSR can attack another space (with support, if needed) along the TSR if
1. The province is unoccupied at the start of the turn
2. The province is occupied at the start of the turn, but is made empty by other moves during that turn.
This means that if Russia orders a unit to Vladivostok from Moscow and supports it, the Chinese army in Vladivostok will still not be forced to retreat as long as it holds in Vladivostok. Units using the TSR can not attack occupied spaces. It is still a legal order, since China may leave Vladivostok in the same given turn. If the unit stays, the Russian army will end up in Irkutsk.

With that in mind, the confusion is unfortunate but it doesnt seem fair to offer to re-do the turn at the expense of everyone else, and so we'll have to push on with the build phase. Now we have a settled adjudicator, I will be able to respond accordingly to any similar questions, but I would ask that you consult the initial post to check before requesting clarification.

#88 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

the dutch dont have a build

#89 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

my mistake - they have one.

#90 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, Singapore is hidden by that fleet so at first you dont notice it. The Dutch have 6 SCs and 5 A/Fs, so one build this go.

This post has been edited by Thelomen Toblerone: 30 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

#91 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

I return very quickly. Panic averted!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#92 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

Damn, there goes my plan to stab you. :Oops:
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#93 User is offline   Adjudicator 

• First Sword

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

Deadline has passed, we are still awaiting a Dutch Build Order.

I will grant a maximum 24 hour extension, and have PMd Mappo (and will PM IH incase he manages to get online somehow) requesting immediate entry. As soon as I receive, I will resolve.

#94 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hmm, requesting immediate entry probably wasnt the best phrase to have used, sounds dirty.

Come on Holland, even Turkey, which let's not forget is part-run by MORGY, has entered on time! :p :Oops:

#95 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

Erm build JAVA

EDIT: a fleet

EDIT EDIT: Mappo if you come on at some point in time before a resolve and have put any thought into it whatsoever feel free to change that

#96 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

Sorry guys - my internet's been all screwy, and some RL stuff caught up with me. I sent my build to Adjudicator.

EDIT: It's the same as IH's, so go with that.

This post has been edited by Mappo's Travelling Sack: 02 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#97 User is offline   Adjudicator 

• First Sword

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Merci for the prompt response from the Dutch, here's the resolve. If you spot any problems with it let me know and I'll change them about. Deadline for next round is Friday night, 9pm.

EDIT: Map now has the missing Turkish fleet put back in,s hould be 100% correct now. Please check your pieces are all in place before the next move, as once that's resolved we can't go back really. Apologies for the haphazardness but there was no DPY and I've had to do the map from scratch, taking over midway as I have, so it should be all right now, but if it's not I apologise and can at least claim it's not completely my fault!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Adjudicator: 03 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

#98 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

what happened to the zturkish fleet in the red sea?

also, friday as in tomorrow?
two days is a bit stiff, in all honesty.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 02 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#99 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Tapper, on Jul 2 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

also, friday as in tomorrow?
two days is a bit stiff, in all honesty.

Yeah.

Monday would be better.

#100 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Aha, I knew I'd missed something! I'll add it in later.

I had indicated before that Friday would be the move deadline, I allowed an extra day after taking over for builds instead of Tuesday, plus the delay from the dutch build does make it a bit short, but still, 48 hours isnt a massively short amount of time, and I am anxious to get on abit since we had the long delay last week.

How about I postpone the deadline til Saturday night? That way you get an extra 24 hours, even if most people are absent on weekends, it gives longer on Friday night so a few precious more hours? If people are unkeen, I will postpone it til Monday, but I dont really want to, I'd rather see some progress.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users