• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crazy Theory Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Leoman of the Flails 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

I searched if this has been brought up before but I didn't find anything.

What if the KCCM that were with Red Mask thought he was Seguleh? And and that's really what the KCCM's in the prologue for DoD are looking for as their Sheild Anvil and Mortal Sword?

#2 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

its liely they know nothing about the seguleh. also why would they think that even if they did know the Seguleh as his mask is completely different. The matron is just looking for human ollowers by the looks of it

#3 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:04 AM

Since they know so little about humans in general, I dont expect they'll know about a particular warrior clan on a remote island holding to a tradition a few millennia old...
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#4 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

I was thinking that this isnt that crazy of a theory. The KCCM could have as hard of a time differentiating humans as humans do of differentiating KCCM. They all look like big lizards to humans.
Maybe the KCCm have had tough fights with masked humans, which is a characteristic thart would stick out in their minds, and were told to find a masked human for the MS job...
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#5 User is offline   Rahvinn 

• Sergeant

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

The KKCM hung around Redmask cos he had matron scales as a mask
I doubt they were so stupid to think he was a matron, but someone who could obtain these and use the ancient weapons once used against the KKCM would be a good candidate as MS perhaps, and they stuck with Redmask until they decided he wasnt the one and chopped him to little pieces

#6 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

can someone jar my memory and remind me what horrible secret redmask was keeping from his tribe? The old man knew it and Redmask smothered him.

This post has been edited by foolio: 14 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#7 User is offline   Rahvinn 

• Sergeant

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

I assumed that it was because the old man knew Redmask wasn't Awl

#8 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

View PostRahvinn, on May 14 2009, 12:09 PM, said:

I assumed that it was because the old man knew Redmask wasn't Awl

Yup, he was a Letheri adopted by the Awl (which wasnt that uncommon apparently). And there might've been something with his sister or something, I forget.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#9 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

I remember thinking during the book that Redmask was a chick, and that was the secret. Of course I was wrong but I remeber that being my theory. Had the mask on always and I think wore a breast plate of armor all the time. Oh well, wrong again. Not the first time in the series and certainly not the last.

#10 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

Redmask was the 'brother' of what I assume was the true daughter of one of the chieftans.

My guess, they were going at it when she got traded for the debts.

Redmask encouraged the tribe to get it back, and probably told them they were weak old men or something else that couldn't be forgiven, and he was cast out.

The question is, was it the real redmask that returned, or someone he trained? How/Where did he learn to use the two weapons? From another tribe like the awl that may have been split off and is still at war with the KCCM? I think so!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#11 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:34 AM

View PostObdigore, on May 21 2009, 04:40 PM, said:

Redmask was the 'brother' of what I assume was the true daughter of one of the chieftans.

My guess, they were going at it when she got traded for the debts.

Redmask encouraged the tribe to get it back, and probably told them they were weak old men or something else that couldn't be forgiven, and he was cast out.

The question is, was it the real redmask that returned, or someone he trained? How/Where did he learn to use the two weapons? From another tribe like the awl that may have been split off and is still at war with the KCCM? I think so!

Why not from the KCCM themselves? they live long and would remember i think. at least Matron Acyl could
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#12 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Because I believe taht Acyl instead of training him in the use of ancien weapons would have simply made some genetic experiments or give him some strange ability as she did to the Destriant.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 23 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#13 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:47 AM

but how would that have gone off when he tried to lead the awl? no, much better to make him a master of legendary tribal weapons, they were a big factor in people accepting his leadership
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#14 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

I side on probably implanting memories into Redmask by the Matron. Kind of strange, though, that she would teach him how to destroy her own kind. Makes the Nah'ruk as enemies theory a little stronger.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#15 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on May 24 2009, 02:24 AM, said:

I side on probably implanting memories into Redmask by the Matron. Kind of strange, though, that she would teach him how to destroy her own kind. Makes the Nah'ruk as enemies theory a little stronger.

Well those weapons were equally effective against the Letheri in Drene, and no matter how good he was she could have sent 3 dozen KCCM at him and those weapons would not have made him win...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#16 User is offline   bobbo 

• Recruit

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

Perhaps it was the seguleh who were influenced by the tales of masked peoples fighting legendary monsters? rather than the KCCM being influenced by them
"Hey champ, what has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?... Bob Kelso, how you doing?"

#17 User is offline   dawnkiller 

• Fist

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Re: the weapons: I seem to remember Redmask thinking about how good at the Awl arts and skills he was at one point, even mastering the ancient weapons -- I think this was shortly after the old man he killed threatened to reveal his secret. With what we learned about him later I took this to mean that he worked as hard as he could -- a Letheri-born attempting to out-Awl everyone in his tribe. It was a form of overcompensation for being both adopted and racially the enemy. IIRC there's a similar comment when Fiddler regards Koryk and thinks about how half-breeds tend to really REALLY dig into the culture they've chosen (Seti in Koryk's case); half-breeds have more to prove, and the same would hold for a displaced child. (Note: This is often truth in television.)

Anyway, as for the rest, I dunno if the KCCM were looking for the Seguleh especially (although we do know those around Morn and once in Darujhistan were waiting for an enemy -- maybe the KCCM?), but I do rather dig the mental image of a teamup between the two...

#18 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

You know, that is a rather interesting scenario that you propose - the Seguleh teaming up with the KCCM. The Eleventh is on the loose now(presumably going back to Seguleh Island), but it could very well turn out she has a run in with the Destriant and her party. She might decide to fight, being Seguleh and all, but she can't possibly take on a Shi'Gal, 3 K'ell Hunters and a nerfed Matron in the making. It would be fun to see, I think. The Eleventh definitely fits the bill of "champion" after all, and could possibly become the MS.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#19 User is offline   Revenant 

• Recruit

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

honestly, I can't see the 11th as the KCCM Mortal Sword. She is only the eleventh!! The KCCM are going to need someone far stronger to be their Mortal Sword.
Just look at how easily Karsa handed her ass to her in Lether.

#20 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

Woahh there. The eleventh isn't JUST eleventh!! thats eleventh out of thousands!! I doubt there is anyone left in Lether after icarium and Karsa leave that could take her (Brys obviously excluded). I support the theory!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users