• You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#821 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 December 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

Where can I across getting a Black Soul Gem?

If you do Azura's Daedric quest, and finish it off by bringing the Broken Star to Nelacar instead of Azura, it will be made into the Black Star, which is an ever re-usable Black Soul Gem.
And I'm not sure if you can still do it in Skyrim, but in Oblivion you were able to place Grand Soul gems into an altar and perform a ritual to make them into Black Soul gems. It had to be done on a revenant moon, which was when there was a beam of light shining upon the altar. (Maybe it wasn't an altar, it was more of a sarcophagus)
If I look back, I am lost.

#822 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

http://youtu.be/YOxVjbGvUpI

This post has been edited by dktorode: 15 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#823 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

View Postdktorode, on 15 December 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

repost from a few pages back. :p
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#824 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostSylvanShade, on 15 December 2011 - 03:48 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 15 December 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

Where can I across getting a Black Soul Gem?

If you do Azura's Daedric quest, and finish it off by bringing the Broken Star to Nelacar instead of Azura, it will be made into the Black Star, which is an ever re-usable Black Soul Gem.
And I'm not sure if you can still do it in Skyrim, but in Oblivion you were able to place Grand Soul gems into an altar and perform a ritual to make them into Black Soul gems. It had to be done on a revenant moon, which was when there was a beam of light shining upon the altar. (Maybe it wasn't an altar, it was more of a sarcophagus)

^^This, but be aware of the choice between making it into the Black Star and making it into Azura's Star (depending on who you give it to)

If you're looking to enchant items / armor, go with the Black Star. You can get Grand Souls in it easy just by killing bandits/ any other humans.

If you're looking for a reusable sould gem to refill your already enchanted weapons, then go with Azura's Star, since you can sould trap any animal and then immediately use it's soul to recharge a weapon.

Both are really useful, just depends on how you want to use it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#825 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Black Soul Gems and Black Souls are as big as Grand, and any humanoid qualifies. It's an awesome source of magic energy, and I'm bummed I picked to purify the Star on my 'big character'. Also, Grand and lower Soul Gems are a lot, lot easier to get than Black Soul Gems, so a reusable Black Soul Gem is just awesome.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#826 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Of all the Skyrim vids all over the nets right now, these are definitely my favorite.

I was crying about halfway through.

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#827 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

If you don't get what I mean, don't ask. If you do, feel free to inquire as to why ^ is there. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#828 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

You can use it without Wraithguard -> big turnoff!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#829 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

Jah, that's weird. Probably handwaved somehow, like all the other law discontinuities since Oblivion. :p

Still, it's there! :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#830 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#831 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Is it wrong that I giggle like a school girl every time I decapitate someone?

#832 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

You tried buying one from...uhm...that guy in Morthal....Falion? He has one. :p

Shinrei said:

#833 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostBubba, on 17 December 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

Is it wrong that I giggle like a school girl every time I decapitate someone?

You should play Dead Island. Sooo satisfying chopping off heads and limbs with a meat cleaver.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 18 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

#834 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

So I hear there are cannibals in Markath. Looks like I need to do some cleaning in that area - heh, I'll perform a Black Sacrement and hire myself to kill that cabal of loonies.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#835 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

View PostGarak, on 18 December 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

So I hear there are cannibals in Markath. Looks like I need to do some cleaning in that area - heh, I'll perform a Black Sacrement and hire myself to kill that cabal of loonies.

Stay Away! That's my cabal of loonies! I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement.

There's no need to feel left out... here try some meat. no, of course it isn't human meat, silly Garak. There, good isn't it? :p

#836 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

Not so much...just a random wizard dude, I think. Wanders the town, or is found in his house. ;)

Shinrei said:

#837 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

View PostBriar King, on 18 December 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

Man Im still trying to find a Black Soul Gem with no luck!

Heres a question maybe someone can answer for me: If I do the Azura Quest will the Vigalents of Stendarr that walk the roads attack me on sight? They are peaceful right now but I know that they hate the Daedra.

Nope....

#838 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 December 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

View PostBubba, on 19 December 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 18 December 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

Man Im still trying to find a Black Soul Gem with no luck!

Heres a question maybe someone can answer for me: If I do the Azura Quest will the Vigalents of Stendarr that walk the roads attack me on sight? They are peaceful right now but I know that they hate the Daedra.

Nope....

Oh thats cool. I ll have to break the guide out tonight then thanks.

I have this nasty Daedra mace that normal city guards comment on, I can wave it in the face Stendarrs and they don't even notice.....plus you NEED to have the Black Star of Azura

#839 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

How many people are actually playing this without a guide, or frequent peeks online for info on where to find things etc?

I find it a bit weird that people wait for ages for a game with a big, busy map to explore, and weapons and armour etc to find, and then sit there fast-travelling to various locations to pick up things they've read about in a guide. Or finding something repetitive to do just to boost skill levels.

Each to their own I guess; I'm just having a great time clearing dungeons and exploring the map - which would be considerably less fun if I had a map showing all the locations on it, and showing where I can find all the best treasures. And, while it's possible to level everything up, smith the best armour, and enchant everything so you can one-hit dragons, being untouchable is far more dull than creeping round a cave knowing that you'll get killed if you're not careful, imo.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 20 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#840 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

View PostTraveller, on 20 December 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

How many people are actually playing this without a guide, or frequent peeks online for info on where to find things etc?

I find it a bit weird that people wait for ages for a game with a big, busy map to explore, and weapons and armour etc to find, and then sit there fast-travelling to various locations to pick up things they've read about in a guide. Or finding something repetitive to do just to boost skill levels.

Each to their own I guess; I'm just having a great time clearing dungeons and exploring the map - which would be considerably less fun if I had a map showing all the locations on it, and showing where I can find all the best treasures. And, while it's possible to level everything up, smith the best armour, and enchant everything so you can one-hit dragons, being untouchable is far more dull than creeping round a cave knowing that you'll get killed if you're not careful, imo.

I discover my own locations, but at the same time, I seldom listen to what people say or ask for rumors, so I have a hard time picking up the Daerdra quests, for example. Did the Jabberwack one, got the mace from Markath's house of terror and have an invitation to visit the Temple of Azura, also know that there's the dagger waiting from the museum quest... but without a guide, I would never find the others, and they do add sparks of fun to the game.
Likewise, since I don't invest for Alchemy perks on my current character, I would have to spend gazillions of resources to get the good stuff. So I prefer a guide for that.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users