• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

http://youtu.be/YOxVjbGvUpI

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 05 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

#762 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

View PostAptorius, on 05 December 2011 - 03:33 AM, said:

That shouldn't be awesome, but it really is. LOL!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#763 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

View PostFist Gamet, on 04 December 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

. . . . Here's a hint though, steer clear of any mammoths you see - they ain't alone...

A sexy expensive tusk and large toe be yours if you successfully engage.

#764 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, you aren't worth shit if you turn in that one person's mammoth tusk fetch quest using a stolen tusk unless you stole it from THE MAMMOTH YOU PERSONALLY KILLED AT LEVEL 7 FUCK YEAH MURDERATOR

(the level is optional THE MURDER IS NOT)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#765 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

I just thought I'd let you all know about this.

In all honesty though, I'm wondering how long it will take before someone just remakes Morrowind in Skyrim. Would be awesome. Keep the new classless system, possibly keep the perks, add back in the old skills and attributes (could be a pain in the arse, but I've seen mods do other things that I would have thought more difficult), remove the shouts, add in the star signs, transfer all the sounds and speaking over...
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#766 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

My last Morrowind playthrough I did with that overhaul, and it was very decent, as much as you can improve such a dated game.

And yeah, remaking Morrowind in Skyrim's engine would be awesome. To start with, someone could remake Bloodmoon first, as textures and environments would be very similar to what already is in Skyrim.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#767 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

So.. What the hell do you spend gold on? I have some 100.000 gold laying aorund and nothing of value to spend it on.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#768 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Currently doing the Thieves' Guild quests - my inner kleptomaniac is cackling whenever I rob someone blind, really enjoying it.

Finished their main questline, killed the traitor, then drowned. Stupid flooding. So I reloaded, and killed him again. Now, first time, it took me five minutes of running around on the stairs, and around seven summons of a Fire Atronarch to defeat him, and around 55 arrows (which, with archery at 20, means shit all damage). Second time, it took all of two summons and no arrows.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#769 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

This made my day <_<
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#770 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#771 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

http://skyrimpatchnotes.com/

This is very good.

- All references to "werewolves" have been corrected to "homosexuals".
- Fixed bug that caused Jarl Ulfric's dialogue in the Italian localization to be replaced by samples from top 50 recording artists.
- Reduced probability of horse model being replaced with mudcrab model.
- Magic resistance now correctly works none of the time.
- Vampires are no longer unavailable as troubled but dreamy teen boyfriends.
- Elder Dragons no longer become aroused when in the presence of human children.
- Female companion AI should no longer become trapped in refrigerators and/or iceboxes.

#772 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

She graduated at the top of her class from the Bards College in Solitude.

#773 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

I am deeply in love for the first time today.

#774 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

I'm speechless.

I'd love to hear her sing Age of Aggression.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#775 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

That just made my day.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#776 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Here's another one she did.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 06 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

#777 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Half price at GameStation today.

#778 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

I really enjoy how insidious the Talmor are. Nationalist xenophobic assholes they may be, but unlike the empire they plan for the long game.

Still, I would have like the storm cloaks to be a little less racist themselves, just so I could force myself to join them rather than the empire. Playing a High Elf (who fled the Dominion only to be captured through sheer bad luck while crossing the border), or an Orc makes it rather impossible to justify joining the group who wants to kill all elven kind and throw all non-nords out of skyrim.

#779 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

The difference between the Thalmor and the Empire is that Thalmor's endgame is the end of Nirn. Not gonna lift a finger for that cause.

As for Stormcloaks, I think they overdid their nationalism in comparison to everyone being able to join. Though I would have two justifications for an Orc or Altmer joining the Stormcloaks - revenge against the Empire who'd put you in the chopping block, and more specifically - perhaps proving to Ulfric and his guys that outsiders can be useful, valuable and honorable, perhaps getting enough of Ulfric's ear to prevent excessive repression.

#780 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

The thing is though; the Dominion is basically magical nazis with whom the Empire recently lost a war. By supporting the Empire you fight against the Thalmor rather than helping them. The only thing standing between the Thalmor and their goal of conquering all of Tamriel is the Empire.

There is going to be a second war, everyone and their dog seems to agree on that, and by supporting Skyrim's independence you make it even more likely that the Empire will lose. Ulfric is just as much a pawn of the Thalmor, if not more so.

Incidentally, I did my part in helping the Empire through the Dark Brotherhood questline and it felt goooood.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users