• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#541 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Primateus, on 15 November 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

I think I may have been afflicted with vampirism, this annoys me!

I'm pretty sure if you get blessed at a chapel before you sleep 3 time it heals you. Works for me.

One thing i love about this game is the Daedric quests. Its not like in Oblivion where you go to a stone and get a quest. I got the Sanguine Rose last night after doin a super long quest and didnt realize till the end it was for Sanguine. Summoning a daedra can come in handy in a tough fight. :p
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#542 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

The Deadric lord summon is fantastic. The dude hits like a truck with a big 2 hand fire-enchanted claymore. The only problem is that I suspect that my conjuration perks don't support the deadric summons, seeing as the perks focus on necromancy or summoning atronachs (spelling?).

#543 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Got my smithing up to 100 and made the Dragon Armor. Its pretty badass. The Daedric has slightly higher rating, but weighs more.

You have to make a hell of a lot of iron daggers and hide bracers to get there, but its worth it. :p
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#544 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Noooooooo! Lydia died.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#545 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Anyone else find the infinite gold glitch yet? I found it, and it has furnished my house in Whiterun baby!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#546 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast, on 16 November 2011 - 12:02 AM, said:

Noooooooo! Lydia died.

NOOOOOOoooooo! Are you sure she is dead and didn't just get lost? If she did get lost, she'll show up in whiterun to be picked up again. My orc companion just died, but he was wearing decent armour so it all turned out fine (well except for the dead guy).

#547 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

Lydia nearly died on me once, but then just disappeared and reappeared having din din with the Jarl in Whiterun. Now that I've furnished me house she's requisitioned herself a bed in my guest room.

LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#548 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

Lydia died to the Thalmor fort to the North as soon as I got her. Useless woman.

#549 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

JLV, on 11 November 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

Aptorius, on 11 November 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

This game is getting so many good reviews. Kind of regretting splurging on Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 now. Ah well, It'll probably end up going 25% off during the pre-emptive Christmas Steam sale anyway.

Is it really true that Bethesda have released a relatively bug free game for the first time in living memory?

In aprox. 1 week, someone will discover some kind of infinite money glitch. :)

QuickTidal, on 16 November 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

Anyone else find the infinite gold glitch yet? I found it, and it has furnished my house in Whiterun baby!

Hah :)

#550 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

LOL.

Yes, the glitch exists. Video on YouTube, but it is essentially a book that is worth $50 that never goes away from a skeleton body, so you can stand there and collect it again and again till you can't hold anymore and then go sell them. I've filled my hold weight 3 times now and made about $25,000 total.

#551 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:04 AM

WARNING: VAMPIRISM NO LONGER RELIES ON YOU SLEEPING. THIS GOES FOR PROGRESSING FROM THE INITIAL DISEASE TO FULL VAMPIRISM, AS WELL AS PROGRESSING THROUGH STAGES OF VAMPIRISM DUE TO LACK OF FEEDING.

IF YOU HAVE THE VAMPIRE DISEASE AND DO NOT WANT IT, USE A CURE DISEASE POTION OR VISIT A TEMPLE TO GET BLESSED ASAP.

You have been warned. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#552 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

I think I'm going to finish off the main quest, then start a melee character to decide if I want to do 'EVERYTHING' with my mage or level up a straight-up melee guy.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#553 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

See, I think that's going to be a serious problem in this game. With no classes, it's pretty tempting to play a mixed specialization type ALL THE TIME. And it also has the simple fact that some stuff is just so damn useful you can't resist. Sure, I was always into classes like Nightblade and so on in the previous games, but playing a straight up spellcaster or assassin always also appealed (straight up warrior not so much, but I still did) - I don't think it will in Skyrim. Too much temptation to tack on some time in awesome other skills, and the perks aren't limited enough to make it a difficult choice.

Not a complaint, per se, and more my failing than the game's, but even so. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#554 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

Well yea, but I want to try out the melee combat and see if I enjoy that.

I'm only level what... 22? 24? so I have 45+ more perks I can distribute if I choose I suppose. I'm going to push up in chanting to that spell steal thing where each hit recharges your weapon on non humans.

My biggest problem is that I put every single level up into mana so far, playing a beginning melee character with 100 base health (I could probably get it up to 180-200 with chants/gear straight away) might not be viable since I have like no points in any of my combat skills.

Found some glass armor of health in a random chest, I was suprised :)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#555 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Level 16, my health is being boosted to about 230/240, base is 210 atm, magicka is 220 boosted from 200, and I'm doing pretty well at multiclassing my mage/stealth char, who does a lot of melee. If you can get 200 health and have a handy healing spell on tap, you shouldn't have any trouble, Obdi. Best thing to do is to equip a weapon, make a save, and test it out, nay? :)

Shinrei said:

#556 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

Silencer, on 16 November 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

Level 16, my health is being boosted to about 230/240, base is 210 atm, magicka is 220 boosted from 200, and I'm doing pretty well at multiclassing my mage/stealth char, who does a lot of melee. If you can get 200 health and have a handy healing spell on tap, you shouldn't have any trouble, Obdi. Best thing to do is to equip a weapon, make a save, and test it out, nay? :)

Well I do have like 4 ebony longswords hanging about...

I don't want to take off my Mask though. I have 2 and they look so awesome!

I think I'm going level chanting up past 60 to get the soul drain, then I might take a look at it, although I just sold the Ladys Blade... hrm.

Oh I have the quest for the razor! Maybe I will do that as a mage then use that as my weapon?

The problem is that I can up my health but my STA is going to be quite low-ish for a while...

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 16 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

#557 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

Razor is pretty god-tier. :) It's going to be my weapon of choice from now on out over the Blade of Woe, I think.

Shinrei said:

#558 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

I left my Mehrunes Razor in a display case in my house in Windhelm - it made the game too easy! Started playing with enchanting now, and wasted a lot of soul gems on that :) I think it's time to take the Mace of Molag Bal and go soul hunting. I can now also smithing-improve magical gear, which took my anti-dragon sword from 19 to 29 (!!) base damage. That's pretty nice. Amusing how the Ancient Shrouded Armor set only takes Leather to improve, but Nightingale Armor takes void salts.

Pushed the main questline somewhat and now I have a shout that forces dragons to land. Whee! Also did Boethiah's and Azura's daedric quests, and boy, I think these were the hardest I've done in this game so far. An Arch Necromancer I met on my way in Azura's quest gave me quite a bit of trouble (she was taking half my hp with a single ice bolt or w/e it is ffs! and hard to sneak to across a moat), and sneaking up on people outdoors in the Boethiah quest was hard as hell (maybe that was the auroras filling the whole fucking sky all night. odd though, as they seemed to hear me killing their buddies from half a mile away, and not so indoors).

Also, there's still blood on the floor of my Windhelm mansion. And a bodypart-filled secret room where my alchemy/enchanting tables are. You call that furnishing?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#559 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

Uh, isn't that room important for a certain quest involving some serial killer? >.<

Shinrei said:

#560 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Gothos, the Azura quest is the one thing I've realised I just need to leave for now and come back to.

With a lot of fire resist, preferably.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users