• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Crippled God is Father Shadow? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Father of High House Reason 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

Tiam was a joke. I thought I said the cripple god was a Mule of Darkness?

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Please. It's the Mules of Shadow. There are no Mules of Darkness, that's just a paraphrasing of the ancient name for the Donkeygoth.

And 'Father Shadow' was a name the Letherii Edur made up for Scabby. Note also that they thought Dawn, Dusk and Dapple were his daughters, while in fact Menandore and Sukul were fathered by Ossi. Hence, those creation myths (and indeed most of them) cannot be trusted.

- Abyss, is certain the Crippled God is Jimmy Hoffa.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   Chris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

What I was trying to get at with the post about the triparate nature of the universe in the books is that the three Elements of Dark, Light, and Shadow seemingly can't exist without each other. Yes, Dark is the absence of Light--but can't we just as easily say that Light is the absence of Dark? I haven't read RotCG, so I can't speak to to the arrival of the shadow house, but isn't it possible for the Elements to have been in existence even before they manifest themselves? I like Udinaas too, but I trust Cotillion more when it comes to explaining the nature of things in the Malazan universe.

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Depending on which creation story you buy into, Dark existed before Light. And possibly CREATED Light. Which led to Shadow being born.

- Abyss, lightheartedly muttering darkly...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   SonOfDarkness 

• Lord of Moons Spawn
  • Mother Darks Favoured Son

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

Id be pissed too if I was a kind and just god then I was dragged into some unknown place by a bunch of High Mages.

And then Im CHAINED to the ground cause of what? cause Im an unknown god. I could become a good one. Highly unlikely since id be pissed off at the world for bringing me into this shit hole and shattering my soul and body!

I think the CGs intentions are fully justified, if anything he should WIN this war or get some sort of revenge on the Wulings who dragged him here.

We have laid judgment on the CG as the EVIL bad character, but how bad is he? Hes not your usual story book villan who wants to take over the world. He just wants to kick someones ass HARD for the shit he went through while being dragged here.

To answer the Thread question as many have!

CG and Father shadow (Scabby) are 2 different people.

#26 User is offline   iRFNA 

• Lieutenant

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

View PostSonOfDarkness, on Apr 16 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

Id be pissed too if I was a kind and just god then I was dragged into some unknown place by a bunch of High Mages.

And then Im CHAINED to the ground cause of what? cause Im an unknown god. I could become a good one. Highly unlikely since id be pissed off at the world for bringing me into this shit hole and shattering my soul and body!

I think the CGs intentions are fully justified, if anything he should WIN this war or get some sort of revenge on the Wulings who dragged him here.

We have laid judgment on the CG as the EVIL bad character, but how bad is he? Hes not your usual story book villan who wants to take over the world. He just wants to kick someones ass HARD for the shit he went through while being dragged here.

To answer the Thread question as many have!

CG and Father shadow (Scabby) are 2 different people.

I agree. And he only ended up this way after thousands and thousands of years in absolute pain. I'd want to destroy the world that did that to me too at that point!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users