Malazan Empire: Economic Downturn Hits Danish Bacon, Horror Ensues - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Economic Downturn Hits Danish Bacon, Horror Ensues

#1 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Settled down for a nice fry up, and what did I find?

The prized piece of the set-up, the vaunted Danish Bacon, laying limply on the plate, a sorry shadow of it's former self.

The price was the same, the packet the same, but the bacon so expertly crafted from Danish pigs was patently not.

Thinner than normal, lacking it's succulent substance previously so glorified. A sign of hard times falling on the pigs, denied their hearty rations and forcing their sweet juicy flesh to become stringy and listless?

Saltier by far, overpowering the delicious meaty taste, and perhap a fiendish attempt to mask an inferior output?

It seems the credit crunch has hit Denmark hard, if even their trademark export has been skimped on, reduced to a withered husk of its former self. I envision pens of shockingly underfed pigs, able to rotate a full 360 degrees in their enclosures, even able to support their own weight with their legs.

Disgusting. A sickening thought. That's not how pigs are supposed to be, certainly not pigs for the making of deliciously danish bacon. We want those pigs so ridiculously overfed it borders on abuse, making their sweet sweet flesh a proud modern symbol of a viking nation, resplendent in it's barbaric glory and pride.

Get it together, Denmark. Sort youserlves out, buck your ideas up. Do better.

The rest of the world is counting on you.

Set us an example, lead us through these hard times, and make your country great again.

#2 User is offline   Procyon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Can you wait a bit? We need to get rid of our new prime minister :(

#3 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Oh dear...Hurricane Apt will be most unamused. What with his nationality and love of fine meats, this is a powder keg!

I say we start the DPPT-Danish Pigs are People Too.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#4 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

I say we start a Feed the Pigs-foundation....Come on, empty your pockets now. We must feed the pigs. The pigs are starving!
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#5 User is offline   Mushroom 

• Banned

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

As long as the Turduckens don't become too expensive I am a happy man!

#6 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

their screwing with the bacon?

STORM THE PARLIAMENT!
meh. Link was dead :(

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Apr 6 2009, 01:57 PM, said:

The prized piece of the set-up, the vaunted Danish Bacon, laying limply on the plate, a sorry shadow of it's former self.

The price was the same, the packet the same, but the bacon so expertly crafted from Danish pigs was patently not.

Thinner than normal, lacking it's succulent substance previously so glorified. A sign of hard times falling on the pigs, denied their hearty rations and forcing their sweet juicy flesh to become stringy and listless?

Saltier by far, overpowering the delicious meaty taste, and perhap a fiendish attempt to mask an inferior output?

It seems the credit crunch has hit Denmark hard, if even their trademark export has been skimped on, reduced to a withered husk of its former self. I envision pens of shockingly underfed pigs, able to rotate a full 360 degrees in their enclosures, even able to support their own weight with their legs.

Disgusting. A sickening thought. That's not how pigs are supposed to be, certainly not pigs for the making of deliciously danish bacon. We want those pigs so ridiculously overfed it borders on abuse, making their sweet sweet flesh a proud modern symbol of a viking nation, resplendent in it's barbaric glory and pride.

Set us an example, lead us through these hard times, and make your country great again.

Attached File  1238603657526.gif (197.89K)
Number of downloads: 7

#8 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

View PostAptorian, on Apr 6 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Apr 6 2009, 01:57 PM, said:

Attached File  1238603657526.gif (197.89K)
Number of downloads: 7

You already are with your substandard pig products, salty, watered down bacon plays murder with your ringpiece !
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#9 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Oh Apt, I know you're angry. I share your emotions. This situation isn't good for anyone.

But it's just something we're just going to have to accept, painful as it is, and react accordingly.

And, as a Dane, the pressure falls on you to act responsibly, for the good of all bacon lovers.

Danepak wants YOU

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users