Malazan Empire: Red Faction and Red Faction: Guerilla - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Red Faction and Red Faction: Guerilla MARS MAYHEM!!!

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Just learned there's a new Red Faction game comming out called Guerrilla.

Here's a link to several videos of the games mechanics: http://community.red...om/blogs/?cat=6

Who else played and loved this game? The destruction you could create with the grenades and rockets in the original was supercool, looks like they're taking it to a whole new level in the next one. Jetpacks, pneumatic sledgehammers, new smart grenades, etc.

I think I heard there was also a Redfactions 2 game released, but I've never seen it. I hear it was crap though.

#2 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

The first game made me sad. I don't know why, but I couldn't see ANYTHING on the first level, so I never got past it. :D

I hope the second one is good! Then I might get to enjoy it...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

I never played the first game, but I really enjoyed the second. Heard the first was far superior though.

@Silencer: I'm sure I remember my friends talking about how the first level was designed to teach you to break all the walls...did you try that?

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

The first game was pretty cool, and had an semi-auto sniper rifle as well as a HUGE rocket launcher that to access on at least one multiplayer level you had to use the other rocket launcher to blast a ladder out of the top corridor wall and onto the roof of the complex. It was so HUGE if you fired it at something too close to you - like, say, a hallway away - you'd be turned to giblets. Also it had a multi-wall penetrating railgun, which was fun.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

Oh yeah, I remember that railgun. I had such fun finding strange out of the way positions to shoot down those mercs.

#6 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, the second one had that railgun too - fun times :D.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#7 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

The first one was Awesome! Guerilla looks pretty good. I'll probably play it..
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#8 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

RF2 was ok....for multiplayer. The campaign was for shit. I was absurdly good with the multiplayer so my friends didn't want to play anymore after a couple days. Blasting people through walls from across the level was lots of fun with that rail gun though.

That new one's been in development for a long long time. I remeber reading about it in GI what seems like years ago.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#9 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, RF2's multiplayer is one of the best out there, imo. It's kind of like Halo in the any idiot can pick it up and have fun kind of way.

When it comes to Guerilla, I can't wait. Supposedly the devs went into such detail that all buildings and whatnot have fully built pipe systems and internal architecture - so much so that the articles I read claimed that a PC would be able to structurally weaken a building/bridge/etc. to a point where all the enemy had to do is enter/cross/etc. and the structure would go down. It also talked about how the PC is part of one faction, and as you take locations from the enemy faction, you of course gain territory, but the enemy faction becomes more focused on your antics. They cna also re-take anything you've taken from them. I'm hoping this is all done fairly fluidly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users