• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Build it and they will come... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

We will probably move this forum to a more prominent location, but it's your job to populate it :p I can think of a few posts that are HOF-worthy but I'm not currently able to spend the time finding them so, please, bend your energies to finding topics/posts that are Hall of Fame worthy :p

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

So how should we do this? Post them here or start new threads? (or either one based on a complex and unknown set of arbitrary rules and settings?)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

either way works for me, but since we have an entire (sub) forum to play with, might as well start new threads, IMHO :p

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Right now this idea is in a beta stage. A few different ideas have been thrown around in the High Tempel of the Dark Mods but nothing has really been agree'd upon.

So the Hall of Fame has been placed here, and we'll see how that works.

If you find a post or a thread that deserves to be saved make a new thread in the Hall of Fame. Over time it's my hope that we'll develop some kind of catagories and a system within the Hall of Fame. Like Hall of Shame - banned people, people doing an epic fail, what not to do, etc. Hall of Win - brilliance, great achievements. Hall of Lies - The Abyssmal Army and their so called win. Hall of Truth - Book forums maybe? You get my drift, anything is possible right now.

Any posts from the bookforums be they Deadhouse Gates or Dust of Dreams, need to be spoilered though, at least for the time being.

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 25 2009, 02:22 PM, said:

Any posts from the bookforums be they Deadhouse Gates or Dust of Dreams, need to be spoilered though, at least for the time being.

Uh oh.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

Ahh... Bad D'rek, BAD! :p

Mal could we initialy make a book sub forum and an Inn sub forum and a General subforum?

Also can I have moderator priviliges in this User Group with out gaining power over all the User Groups? The Abyssmal Army wouldn't like that. Not. One. Bit. :sabre:

#7 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

Well, if we're going to have a thread per Entry, people should put in where it comes from in the title.
If this needs done, please edit it in.

Oh, and who decides whether or not it's epic enough?

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

View PostGrief, on Mar 25 2009, 08:45 PM, said:

Oh, and who decides whether or not it's epic enough?

Hmm. That is a good question which I was wondering about myself earlier.

One option is that people just decide themselves. Different people will find different things awesome.

If we start developing ideas for catagories of the subforums, then this selection may become simpler.

Of course there also could be a "petition" forum where all entries are posted and then a panel consisting of a selected group make their verdict.

That way we ensure a certain level of quality and make sure the whole thing doesn't get diluted with crap-

#9 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Why not just have a subforum for that in the secret lair, perhaps?

Edit:

And people can just send/suggest posts they think epic enough.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#10 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Backstory: There was a thread on this forum that was essentially devoted to ridiculing Terry Goodkind's books. As is the nature of the internet, it expanded into ridiculing his philosophies, personal appearance and the demeanor of some of his more devoted fans. Some of those fans occasionally wandered over here and went back and forth with the members here. The following is the greatest of those posts, written by Drenai, who says he illustrates fantasy covers for a living and idolates Goodkind. I never fail to laugh at least three or four times when I read it. Drenai basically wrote this post and then left the forum for good.

Drenai said:

WOOOOOOOOOOW....I go see Spider-Man 3 and over 2 pages of thread has been added??? And I was accused of having no life and spending all my time online??
I don't even know where to begin to respond to all this. I won't spend much coz it's not worth it; it will cut into my reading time anyway.
First off... it never fails that if one guy mispells something on a thread people jump on him or her for it... that has gotta be the most lame immature thing I can think of. I type fast and don't always feel the need to proofread. Grow up.
On the re-mark about the old woman being mugged? I would remove that man from the gene pool. I am a 4th degree black belt in Shaolin Kempo Kung Fu, and which I have been doing since I am 15 years old. When I was 19 years old in college in NYC, I actuallly stopped a robbery at a Dunkin Donuts. In all the fights I have been in(all of which were defending people), I have never had to hit someone more than once. Ok, I had to hit the guy at dunkin' donuts twice...
It's amazing how wound up so many of you got at some simple comments in defense of Terry Goodkind I made, which hardly anyone spelt his first name correctly.
I don't need nor rarely ever feel the need to read anything other than the fantasy genre because I like the ESCAPISM.... isn't that why any of you read fantasy?? Besides that... I kind of have to read fantasy... I illustrate the books covers.
It's unbelievable that for so many fantasy lovers here on this site which many of you may have been outcasts in high school, jump on me like the bullies and jocks that may have abused you.
I guess being called a liberal democrat hit a nerve, but I don't know why, if that is what you are. Why? is it because liberals are only peace loving cowards who can't fight for themselves or allow others to fight for themselves? For a bunch of people who read fantasy, with heroic beings and smiting the enemy, you sure don't act like it.
Oh and one last thing(atleast for now) you don't know my politics, so don't pretend you do. And did I EVER say I was an Objectivist??
If someone is trying to do you harm, kill you, or someone else, it is your moral obligation to end the fight quickly. Spending 5 or 6 years in the Middle East is NOT that way to do that. It should have ended already. But if we Americans don't stand up for the coz of FREEDOM, who will?? Who else is helping us??
I only got turned on to Goodkind not even a year ago, but have always had the same views as he and/or Richard does. Goodkind solidified everything for me and gave all my random beliefs a structure.
And what is trully wrong with saying, "if you don't like Goodkind, you just don't get it".... How much more do I need to talk to a wall? You would either hand over your life to your enemy or you would fight for you life... what is not to get??
Goodkind is NOT clitched... that is probably why many of you hate him. You want the same typical fantasy that all men are born inherently evil.
If I say I love the Shannara books as well, are you going to jump on me for that, too??

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#11 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

Either we lost a lot in the forum move, or the new search engine sucks.
Also, can't look up "threads started by" for old members.
Can't seem to find any of the old good ones...

Does anyone know where to find Abyss' "explanaiton for everything that happened in Toll the Hounds" post? I think it was in a thread by some dude who just couldn't understand why Rake had to fight Dassem. Would be nice to put it up here, since Toll the Hounds can be quite confusing.

Urb will of course keep his eye out for future gems.
I like this Hall of Fame idea by the way :ball:

This post has been edited by Urb: 28 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#12 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

That would be this thread?

Abyss just finished it and holy $#!*...

Took me a while to find.

By searching all abyss posts.

I've added it.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#13 User is offline   Bhurnae 

• Close to the hedge.........
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:all the usual stereotypical male ones

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

There should be a Classic Abyss thread in each of the sub sub sub forums. Apt should be given SuperMod powers but have his keyboard taken off him. Just throwing a couple of ideas out there.....

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 September 2009 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have been entertaining tourists for many years now.... A girls gotta make a living.

#14 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostGrief, on Mar 28 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

That would be this thread?

Abyss just finished it and holy $#!*...

Took me a while to find.

By searching all abyss posts.

I've added it.

Ah, no. That's not the one I was thinking of.

Someone started a post asking why on earth would Rake have to fight Dassem Ultor?
Then there was some back and forward, and eventually Abyss stepped in and explained very thoroughly why Toll the Hounds evolved the way it did, climaxing with Rake's death.

I'm starting to think it got lost in the forum move.
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#15 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hmm, back to searching then.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#16 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:59 AM

there was a LOT of really neat posts in the "crazy theories" threads in both tBH and RG forums.

I've no clue if those are still around, as I haven't been to those forums in ages, but I recall Seed (i think) hving some realy neat theories.

and the whole "evolutionalry tree of Wu" thread, that had some gems as well
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#17 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Epics fails?
Does this qualify for the hall of shame apt?

Attached File  aptfail.jpg (49.47K)
Number of downloads: 6

#18 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:04 AM

Feel relieved that I am not a super moderator, Mac... :p

#19 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

Shouldn't HoF thread be locked tho'?

Because, if by example, people read the thread with my two TtH posts, and then proceed to discuss TtH in THAT thread, then they aren't discussing it in the TtH forum, and then it's rains of fire and dogs and cats living together and then armageddon, apocalypse AND the End Times all wrapped up into one Apt-moderated mess that we can't even blame on Brood.

- Abyss, ...who, btw, STILL wins, Apt....
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users