Malazan Empire: TMBofF Limited Edition set - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TMBofF Limited Edition set Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nolan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Literature [both reading and writing], music [from Gojira to Anathallo], outdoors stuff [I love camping and canoe trips; and have built a cedar strip canoe and kayak], and working with youth [I work with inner city kids in the North End of Winnipeg]

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

Hey all,

So while I'm usually a lurker on these boards, awhile back I posted, asking the knowledgeable people around here if they knew whether Bantam Press had released any of SE's earlier Malazan books in hardcover [same style as TtH and RG]. The answer was, nope.

So I emailed Bantam Press with the same question and Assistant Editor Jessica Broughton wrote back:

There are possible plans to publish a limited edition hardcover series of Steven Erikson's backlist titles but as of yet nothing is concrete. We have, and continue to do so, published trade paperback editions in Canada. I'm sorry I can't give you a definite answer at the moment but we're very much hoping the hardcovers will go ahead.

While nothing is certain, I'm tentatively pumped.

[sorry about diluting actual discussion of the books with an off topic thread, but I didn't see anywhere more appropriate to post this]

This post has been edited by Nolan: 20 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

#2 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

thats odd. I didnt realize the early books were not in Hardback. My local Library , in Columbia, SC, has hardback editions of all the books. It would be a surprise to me that they would special order anything from overseas. Or am I missing something?
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#3 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

I think the SubPress stuff qualifies as limited edition hardcover books, there may still be some left.

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2...ct_Code=erikson

#4 User is offline   Nolan 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Literature [both reading and writing], music [from Gojira to Anathallo], outdoors stuff [I love camping and canoe trips; and have built a cedar strip canoe and kayak], and working with youth [I work with inner city kids in the North End of Winnipeg]

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

You guys are right that hardcovers can be bought of the earlier books in the series. However, the only editions you can buy are the US versions which are vastly different in artwork from the Bantam Press editions.

I think all of the paperbacks using the UK version, but only the last two [three?] books are available in hardcover in that same style. For example, here is GotM US style and here is the style I'd like in hardcover from the UK.

IMO, the UK version is the vastly superior artwork.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users