Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Limits of conjuration? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   iRFNA 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

Ok, so we know that some things can be conjured. Cotillion makes daggers out of shadow at the end of NoK, quick ben conjures a rope in the bonehunters. Beak even conjures some bones by taking them from the warren of death. But what are the limits? The apples that cotillion and spite have in the bonehunters, did they conjure those? Where did QB get that rope, if beak needs to get bones from death? Are there warrens of apples and ropes or something? One could assume that QB's rope was conjured using shadow, however, what are the limits there. Can apples be made of shadow? Does it have to be something simple? What about twizzlers? What do you guys think the limitations are?

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

I don't think there's a limit for gods. I how ever don't think that mages can conjure anything at all if the above statements are what you mean by conjurations.

Beak doesn't conjure the bones, he opens the warren of death and pulls out the bones he needs.

Cotillion on the other hadn, I am sure simply willed the table, food and drink, into existance. Just like he made Quicks rope longer.

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

in most cases i assume it is simply a matter of willpower. Rake probably could have willed up a feast of Roman proportions if he put his mind to it. but when it comes to mages, conjurations are probably more on the order of things actually taken from their warrens a la beak and quick ben. but then you have to wonder what bottle means in TBh when he says, "its bad sergeant, they're conjuring." or something like that, when referring to the edur sorcery
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

i think the edur way of using fighting maick is to condjure those walls of maic by opening their warren and "tip" teh maick out more or less as if you dropped a bucket of sand on the floor
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#5 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Apt said

Just like he made Quicks rope longer.

Masan Galani makes my rope longer...

This post has been edited by foolio: 12 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#6 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

View Postfoolio, on Mar 12 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

Apt said

Just like he made Quicks rope longer.

Masan Galani makes my rope longer...

I got to say I like Lostara Yil more than anyone...Blend is a very close second...Minala.

::whistles as he tries to bring this post back on topic::

Oh ok. Conjuration. Right. Another way of saying Ritual? There is I will blast you with power and there seems to be I got this spell that requires me to do xzy. Ritual is more powerful because it takes longer and conjuration a more specific form of ritual.

I do not think anyone but the gods can just make food and tables and such appear. High priests of something like Bacchus not withstanding. Mages would lack the material stuff to conjure things like that. So their ropes and such are not a rope of silk or twine but of the warren or warrens contents itself which they can reach into and take/move telekentically.

Right. Minala...hmmm...nope lostara still my favorite. Something about long lean tatooed and deadly. hmmmm. Tanned...ok enough.

:D
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#7 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Apsalar FTW. Nothing like damaged goods to make you feel better...

And no, that was not on topic.

#8 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

On topic:

Well we know from NoK that ST and Cotillion can create everything they want from shadow and probably it's the same for all the other gods.
For mortals instead I think it's a bit like conjuring demons(stretching it a bit): You open your warren and see if you can take something from there.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#9 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:30 AM

It might not be nayhting to do with magic or warrens and just the essence of matter. You know, making stuff out of energy. But I doubt it.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users