• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pink Vest Pink Vest: The Revenge

#1021 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:27 AM

I did yesterday...made me look fatter than I was.

Hm.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#1022 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderatio

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

View PostTerez, on Jul 7 2009, 04:33 AM, said:

And sometimes, a game is just a game, and doesn't require nitpicking from the resident olde phartes?

Or snippy replies from young whippersnappers?

Anyway, I see a nit and I pick it. This thread did require some decent grooming, after all... :wallbash:
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#1023 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

What's this thread about?

It appears to be 52 pages long and Im lazy. Someone else, enlighten me.

#1024 User is offline   stone monkey 

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

You want it to actually be about something? Oh you poor deluded fool...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#1025 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Attached File  xwing_blowsup.jpg (26.31K)
Number of downloads: 4

#1026 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

View Poststone monkey, on Jul 6 2009, 11:15 PM, said:

Not wanting to rain on your parade an' all, Terez. But wearing a pink item of clothing does not have to be a sign of a man who's secure in his masculinity. You may be indulging in a little stereotyping of your own there. *tut tut*

Some men, I know a few, actually just think that wearing pink suits them.

Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar.

Those men have horrible taste, though.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#1027 User is offline   stone monkey 

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

True. But the thought needed to be out there as it obviously hadn't occurred to Terez...

#1028 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

View PostTerez, on Jul 7 2009, 04:40 AM, said:

I wouldn't wear any color socks except for white or black.

That's one thing I noticed when I was in Europe. Colored socks. Lots of people wear them over there. I only went to Vienna and Amsterdam but those are pretty touristy places so I met lots of people from all over, and it seems to be a widespread European thing.

Here, only children wear colored socks usually. White or black socks with embroidered designs on them are popular, but mostly only among young women. Also, older ladies seem to have a thing for wearing outfits that are matching (like, lime green capri pants with shirt and shoes to match) but even they seem to wear white socks.

If you go to a Walmart or some general sort of sock-purchasing place, 90% of the socks will be either solid black or white (maybe colored heels/toes), and the other 10% will be the embroidered kind (even men wear those for the dark dressy stuff). In the women's section you might find a Hanes variety pack of colored socks, but it's highly unlikely I think.

I wouldn't like to speak for women, but when you are talking classic european mens tailoring (think Italian, French or British Saville Row) the rule is black socks for funerals only. I hold that this is a bit much (a black sock with a dark suit is fine) but it is very common and very stylish to wear a suit with a light shirt and a matching tie and socks possibly with a matching pocket square (they don't have to be the same colour just matching) Could be say Navy pinstripe, white shirt with a Light blue tie and matching socks perhaps with a white square. I love a black pinstripe with a white shirt, pink tie and pink socks with a white square. The classic old school British look would be red socks (for some reason old Etonianis love this look) the Italians tend for a slightly gaudier/more daring suit but are particulary concerned by avoiding black socks.

Nobody wears white socks except for sport. The only exception to this rule is 24 year old physics post-grads who like a white sock with a 'Hi-tec' trainer and half-mast stonewashed jeans (with or without a crease).

I like SM am confused by why wearing pink would be such a big deal: on any given day I'd expect to see 2-5 men in my office wearing pink out of maybe 25.
I AM A TWAT

#1029 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

View PostCougar, on Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

I like SM am confused by why wearing pink would be such a big deal: on any given day I'd expect to see 2-5 men in my office wearing pink out of maybe 25.

Its because here in america, when you are born. if you are male, you get a blue hat (stocking cap? tobogan? whatever its called) and if you are female you get a pink one. This transfers into adolescence, blue shirts for the boys, pink dresses for the girls, and so on...never seen a GI Joe wear pink right?

This means that pink is for girls and boys who wear pink must be laughed at and ridiculed until they either step completely out of the proverbial closet or change their freaking shirt....In some cultures, at least.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#1030 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

View PostCougar, on Jul 7 2009, 04:36 PM, said:

Pink business shirts are fairly common here too, but the guys like to think of them as being red for some reason.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#1031 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

View PostTerez, on Jul 7 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

View PostCougar, on Jul 7 2009, 04:36 PM, said:

Pink business shirts are fairly common here too, but the guys like to think of them as being red for some reason.

Or Peach...lol.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#1032 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

I though it was Salmon?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1033 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

There you go.

There it is.

#1034 User is offline   Bhurnae 

• Close to the hedge.........
  • Interests:all the usual stereotypical male ones

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

re sock thing.
I only wear socks in the winter......I hate the bloody things. When I do wear/buy them...........black

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 September 2009 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have been entertaining tourists for many years now.... A girls gotta make a living.

#1035 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

As long as you don't wear black socks with shorts or highwaters or khakis or something like that, then you're okay. Black socks with sandals are really horrible, but I think any socks with sandals are horrible. Also, black socks with any sort of light-colored shoe is weird.

There it is.

#1036 User is offline   Bhurnae 

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:48 AM

nope bare feet most of the time........SAS (Socks and Sandals)look is nasty. usually sandals light shoes in summer boots in winter

I have been entertaining tourists for many years now.... A girls gotta make a living.

#1037 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

View PostTerez, on Jul 7 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

As long as you don't wear black socks with shorts or highwaters or khakis or something like that, then you're okay. Black socks with sandals are really horrible, but I think any socks with sandals are horrible. Also, black socks with any sort of light-colored shoe is weird.

Technically, sock color should be matched to the pants, not the shoes. However, shoes should in some way match to the pants as well, so it normally works out that if you're wearing dark pants and socks, it's dark shoes as well.

I hate black socks. They make people look like they have smelly feet.
Error: Signature not valid

#1038 User is offline   Bhurnae 

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

your nose is too near everybody's feet............

#1039 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Jul 8 2009, 07:36 AM, said:

View PostTerez, on Jul 7 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

Technically, sock color should be matched to the pants, not the shoes.

Can't agree with this at all at least as far as smart clothing goes.

I would agree to a certain extent that socks if anything should match trousers not shoes but I don't think you should try to match either. Today I'm wearing a black pinstripe with a white shirt and black shoes. Violet socks with an argyle pattern and a violet tie.
I AM A TWAT

#1040 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

It depends on how conservative you want to look. Colorful socks with a black suit can work. Or course, you're talking black shoes too, so your socks are equally matching your pants and shoes. My point was that socks should be matched to the pants, not shoes. Your pants and shoes are the same color, so it's a moot point.
Error: Signature not valid

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users