Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Im so confused! Help! Dragons blood? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Xardean 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

So apparently drinking Tiam's blood gives you soletaken properties. Correct? Tiam is a dragon.. Correct? Well when various dragons have been slain in the series, there's always this big thing about things drinking the dead dragons blood. But they get ensnared? whats up with that.... Why does dragons blood have this property? Are only very powerful beings able to drink and not be ensnared? Explaination would be nice... or discussion.

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

Tiam is the mother of all eleint. Only her blood transforms drinkers into soletaken eleint. As for what other dragons blood do, probably has to do with the amount of magic they have flowing through them.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

I wonder if you could get Eleint powers from one who's already partaken of it?
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#4 User is offline   Seguleh 1st 

• Warrior of High House Abyss
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

but remember paran gets kinda soletaken abilities from only touching a hound of shadow's blood.
Innocence is only a virtue, lass, when it is temporary.
Cotillion to Apsalar, "House of Chains"

#5 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostSeguleh 1st, on Feb 18 2009, 12:09 PM, said:

but remember paran gets kinda soletaken abilities from only touching a hound of shadow's blood.

Was it dead Hound of Shadow blood that currently resided in Dragnipur chained and viciously trying to get out?

I think thats mighty different from just regular Shadow Hound blood :(. <---- I love that sentence. I had to write it. Cursed.

L'oric
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#6 User is offline   Xardean 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

So also, in MT (or was it RG?) the Errant talks about how much power blood holds in it. its an older things i guess, with elder gods and holds. But what qualities do blood have in this universe? Has the power faded over time, or just the knowledge of how to use it to its full extent....

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

The acolytes and worshippers of hood stil sacrifics blood to him, so the ritual sacrifice of blood still works.

#8 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Mael was kept alive though blood offerings from the jhistals as well. Which is why they had such a good grip on his balls, abusing his powers for their own purposes. But I don't think anybody could just use the blood of a powerful dragon

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Still, I'm willing to believe getting sprayed with dragon blood could have the same effect Hounds blood had on Paran.

#10 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:08 AM

View PostL'oric, on Feb 18 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

View PostSeguleh 1st, on Feb 18 2009, 12:09 PM, said:

Was it dead Hound of Shadow blood that currently resided in Dragnipur chained and viciously trying to get out?

I think thats mighty different from just regular Shadow Hound blood :D. <---- I love that sentence. I had to write it. Cursed.

L'oric

No, Paran just touched the blood after Rake had killed 2 hounds - he then got pulled into Dragnipur, and got his weird hound abilities at the same time.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users