Malazan Empire: Canada, I know we've had our differences, but... - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Canada, I know we've had our differences, but... I'm starting to love you

#21 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

I've never heard either.

I am totally guilty of over-using "eh." Fucker slips out onto the end of sentences without me even noticing it. Drove one girl I dated absolutely insane. Well, insaner.

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

Eh?

#23 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Exactly, eh.

#24 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

It's aboot time you fessed up, Rodeo, eh? Eh!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#25 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

The TV show How I Met Your Mother has taught me that Canadians are afraid of the dark.

I've no other choice but to believe it.

#26 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

I've heard that they look funny too.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#27 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:40 AM

Aye, barely human....weird speaking humanoids, or so I've heard...

#28 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:41 AM

And they don't wear pants.

#29 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:43 AM

Who needs pants when you have the lower body of a goat?

#30 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

I'm pretty sure some goats would take offense to that, they aren't all exhibitionists.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 14 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

#31 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:51 AM

When the Soviet Canuckistan Revolution comes, you'll be first against the hockey net!

We would use walls but we don't have those up here. So we use nets. Very efficient.

#32 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Abooters of the world unite, eh.

#33 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

View PostRodeoRanch, on Feb 13 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

When the Soviet Canuckistan Revolution comes, you'll be first against the hockey net!

We would use walls but we don't have those up here. So we use nets. Very efficient.

No wonder you guys are always bitching aboot the cold, eh? Must get mighty drafty...

#34 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

Igloos don't use walls. Right?

#35 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

The walls are made of ice and whale sperm....

#36 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:01 AM

So, San Diego was founded by German Canadians? Nazi Polar Bears!!!!!!

#37 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Bah! You may not hear your own accent, but I sure as frig know how I pronounce about!

As for How I Met Your Mother... I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of those claims.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#38 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:01 AM

I work with a Canadian lady who uses "eh" all the time. If she wasn't the sweetest person in the world I'd be tempted to murder her for her vicious colonial desecration of the English language. Her husband's an American, so God alone knows what horrors their children perpetrate on my beautiful mother tongue...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#39 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

Aboot. You say ABOOT. Let's just admit it and move on, eh? :(

English is an ugly language, btw. It's the germanic background to it that does it.

#40 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:13 AM

View Poststone monkey, on Feb 13 2009, 11:01 PM, said:

I work with a Canadian lady who uses "eh" all the time. If she wasn't the sweetest person in the world I'd be tempted to murder her for her vicious colonial desecration of the English language. Her husband's an American, so God alone knows what horrors their children perpetrate on my beautiful mother tongue...

You, sir, are a pompous wit.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users