• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We're inside you! Winning within

#1 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

The Brave New Order

It contains about 200 known tapeworms, with hundreds more just waiting to be found.

these particular worms are distinct in enough important ways to qualify as a new order.

Any shark or ray she opens up has tapeworms. Some contain hundreds of worms from 20 different species.

We control the sharks. Don't go swimming or we eat you and win!

EDIT: Linky fixed now!

This post has been edited by D'rek: 11 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hmm. Mozilla firefox does not like your linky.

On a related note, you evil, fiendish worms! Why did you do this?! You must be terrorists, the tape worm is a part of the Axis of Evil!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...S&ATTR=News

Shark attack in Sydney Harbour

A NAVY diver who had his hand and part of his leg bitten off by a maneating shark Down Under has been named.

Able Seaman Clearance Diver Paul Degelder is believed to have been attacked in Sydney Harbour yesterday morning.

It is the first attack in the Harbour for nine years.

The 31-year-old, of the Royal Australian Navy, was taking part in an underwater counter-terrorism trial.

After the beast struck he was rushed to a nearby hospital for surgery to save his limbs.

Seaman Degelders underwent surgery and is now in intensive care in a serious but stable condition.

Dangerous

A hospital spokesman said: "He's improved a little bit. He's out of surgery and he's in recovery."

Aussie Fleet Commander Rear Admiral Nigel Coates said it was the first time he'd heard of a navy diver being injured in an incident like this.

He added: "I believe it's the first time that one of our divers has been attacked by a shark. The attack occurred very quickly.

"The shark attacked the diver (and) our diver punched the shark, I believe, a couple of times.

"The shark then disappeared very quickly - it was all over, I'm told, in a few seconds."

Rear Admiral Coates added: "He was with a police diver, I understand, at the time because the exercise included police divers," he said.

Advertisement

"The attack occurred on the surface. He fought off the shark.

"He hit the shark a few times, as I understand it, and then swam a couple of metres to the safety boat which was obviously nearby.

"The safety boat people got him on board, applied first aid, rang for help, got him to the ambulance and up to the hospital."

Shark expert John West said the beast was most likely a bull shark – the most dangerous breed known to inhabit the Harbour and a known maneater.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

Linky fixed!

Also, yes, that shark was being controlled by us. None of your pitiful beaches are safe!!!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

She's charmed by the little parasites.

"I love them. They are gorgeous and interesting. They have absolutely fascinating life cycles . . . like a fairy-tale story just waiting to be discovered."

This is an example of a scientist that really needs to take a step back and look at their life!!

I would like to open a Hollywood clinic that gives out tapeworms to those skinny obsessed women. "I'm eating for 10,000". With the right marketing, they would LOVE it! I just need the right spin....
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#5 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Feb 11 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

She's charmed by the little parasites.

"I love them. They are gorgeous and interesting. They have absolutely fascinating life cycles . . . like a fairy-tale story just waiting to be discovered."

This is an example of a scientist that really needs to take a step back and look at their life!!

I would like to open a Hollywood clinic that gives out tapeworms to those skinny obsessed women. "I'm eating for 10,000". With the right marketing, they would LOVE it! I just need the right spin....

It's already been done, at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th they used to sell tapeworms for weight loss. This was also the time they used to sell "Energy" Tonics with cocaine in it legally.

Though you're right, that is one researcher that needs to get out more, before she actually begins to host them volountarily.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#6 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:07 AM

I say let her do what she wants until she starts to spread the gospil of worms...then she much be burned, obviously.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#7 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:06 AM

Hell when I read the article I imagined myself driving a stilleto into her brain.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users