• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

the nascent Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I am going to make a bunch of statements about the Nascent with the hopes that you guys can correct me if they are wrong.
1 The Nascent is a realm, fractured off the Shadow Realm
2 Trull Sengar was shorn and left to Rot in the Nascent
3 Binadas was present at the shorning.
4 Onrack is in the Nascent fleeing from Tlan Imass looking for him????? cant really remember why he is there
5 Onrack frees the deragath in the Nascent
6 Rhulad Sengar and Hanna Mossag are responsible for the flooding
7 Paran has Hedge lead him to the Nascent
8 The Jaghut Bridge of death is in the Nascent
9 Karsa kills Binadas in the Nascent
10 Stormy /Gesler Baudin adn crew comandeer the Silanda in the Nascent
11 The Silanda had Andi from drift avalli on it before Binidas Sengar cuts off their heads and takes control of the ship
12We dont know who the crazy mage is that tears the rent
13 The hounds of Shadow that Paran helped escape from Dragnipur fled the sword to the Nascent where they destroyed Trygalle mission involving Turban Orrs Niece....Do we know any more about what the Orr girl was up to?????
Did the hounds merge with the Deragath that Onrack freed? Is there any connection to the hounds of Shadow going there? What happened to those two hounds?

I think that is it.

This post has been edited by foolio: 05 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

Generally I think you've got a good grip on events.

Not sure about that one... I think he may have left before the shorning. In fact I think none of Trulls other family besides Rhulad was present.

4 Onrack is in the Nascent fleeing from Tlan Imass looking for him????? cant really remember why he is there

Hmm. My memory is shaky, either he was just wandering, because Onrack has retained a lot of the Imass curiosity, or he was a part of the group hunting the Renegade Imass that are possibly the Unbound.

It borders the Nascent, it is a realm that lies beneath death which we find out in RG borders on many warrens among others the Ice Hold.

14 Did the hounds merge with the Deragath that Onrack freed? Is there any connection to the hounds of Shadow going there? What happened to those two hounds?

They did merge. This we can deduce because Onrack see's/senses with his T'lan power that two of the statues are "active" or something like that.

#3 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

View Postfoolio, on Feb 5 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

I am going to make a bunch of statements about the Nascent with the hopes that you guys can correct me if they are wrong.
1 The Nascent is a realm, fractured off the Shadow Realm

Bingo.

2 Trull Sengar was shorn and left to Rot in the Nascent

Pretty much.

I don't think so. I vaguely recall mention in RG that none of Rhulad's other family was there.

5 Onrack frees the deragath in the Nascent

Two of them, yes. The others are freed at a later date.

6 Rhulad Sengar and Hanna Mossag are responsible for the flooding

I *think* it was just Rhulad.

7 Paran has Hedge lead him to the Nascent

Sort of... Paran originally wanted to go to the realm of the dead BELOW Hood's. The nascent must have bordered it or something.

It just borders it I think.

9 Karsa kills Binadas in the Nascent

Yup. Although we don't find out all the details of that until about three more books :p

10 Stormy /Gesler Baudin adn crew comandeer the Silanda in the Nascent

Yup.

11 The Silanda had Andi from drift avalli on it before Binidas Sengar cuts off their heads and takes control of the ship

I think so. It's left a little bit vague as to what exactly happened, but that seems the most likely and logical.

12We dont know who the crazy mage is that tears the rent

He's just a random mage who went crazy from the Otatoral

13 The hounds of Shadow that Paran helped escape from Dragnipur fled the sword to the Nascent where they destroyed Trygalle mission involving Turban Orrs Niece....Do we know any more about what the Orr girl was up to?????

It was a secret mission. Whether that's secret as in Area 51 secret, or as in Customer confidentiality, I don't know.

Did the hounds merge with the Deragath that Onrack freed? Is there any connection to the hounds of Shadow going there? What happened to those two hounds?

I *think* so. It sort of hints that the Deragoth have much more to do with the Hounds than being similar in looks...

This post has been edited by Benji: 05 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

#4 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:58 AM

That reminds me; who were the Edur fighting in the Nascent, before Karsa and Torvald arrived?
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:23 AM

A Malazan fleet, the last remnants of those arrived on Drift Avalii.

#6 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

View PostAptorian, on Feb 6 2009, 09:23 AM, said:

A Malazan fleet, the last remnants of those arrived on Drift Avalii.

Yeah, they got shunted through a rift before they arrived in the nascent, and I think that by that time the battle was all but over.

#7 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

Did the Edur open the rift to the Nascent, or was it accidental?
Suck it Errant!

It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#8 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:24 AM

View PostAin't_It_Just_, on Feb 6 2009, 10:07 PM, said:

Did the Edur open the rift to the Nascent, or was it accidental?

There's like 40 rifts in the bloody nascent. Here's the few I could think of off the top of my head:
-Rhulad opened one on purpose to flood the enemies of the Kenryll'ah (said enemies live in the Nascent, or else there is a convoluded explanation)
-the insane mage from Otataral Island opened one which was filled by Legana Breed's TA head
-Olar Ethil created one to leave the Nascent which Kulp expanded to allow the Silanda through
-there was a rent in the wall which allowed Karsa, Torvald, Silgar and Damask to leave

View Postfoolio, on Feb 5 2009, 02:35 PM, said:

To some it would seem a bit strange that Binada might've been at the Shorning, figuring it would be out of character for him to let his brother get Shorn without resisting it whatsoever. For those who feel that way, there is the possibility that Binadas was still unconsciously recovering from the wounds he took fighting Kuru Qan when Trull got Rhulad thoroughly pissed and subsequently Shorn. This works well timeline-wise...

and because it popped into my head, I feel like pointing out that the Silanda is a Quon dromon from the pre-Imperial days, and its commission to trade with Drift Avalii was from before the empire. Might've continued into the Empire's lifetime, or not. Just interesting to note if you wanna try and place when the hell the Edur took it.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 07 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#9 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

View PostD'rek, on Feb 7 2009, 03:24 PM, said:

To some it would seem a bit strange that Binada might've been at the Shorning, figuring it would be out of character for him to let his brother get Shorn without resisting it whatsoever. For those who feel that way, there is the possibility that Binadas was still unconsciously recovering from the wounds he took fighting Kuru Qan when Trull got Rhulad thoroughly pissed and subsequently Shorn. This works well timeline-wise...

Remember that little discussion that took place before they left him? Who was the one who said, "You say he betrayed me." And the others said that he'd made a pact with a foreign god. Was that Rhulad?
Suck it Errant!

#10 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Well I think it's preety obvious to say that was Rhulad. That voice was the chief and who could Trull have "betrayed" if not his brother.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#11 User is offline   The Drum 

• Marine Core Sappers Club

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

View PostAin't_It_Just_, on Feb 6 2009, 05:58 AM, said:

That reminds me; who were the Edur fighting in the Nascent, before Karsa and Torvald arrived?

I thought that in MT, Hannag Mosag states that he and Rhulad were going to flood a realm in order to save some demons from thier enemies and get those demons to fight for them against the Letherii, which they did and those two demon princes that helped them came from that realm.
For some reason I always thought that the realm the demons came from was the Nascent and thats why it was flooded?
Dem bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dry Bones.

#12 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

I have come across the answer to this in Bonehunters. The spy, TA posing to be TE, recalls that he was there but no Binadas.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users