• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seasons A sweet mountain biking movie

#1 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Just checked this out a little while ago. Done by a Canadian production company (I think)

Awesome awesome awesome mountain biking movie if anybody's into that stuff.

I'm only mildly into it but this movie truly blew me away. Gives you chills to watch it in places cause its so cool.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Why did it blow you away?

Is it about competitive mountain bikers or is it a documentary?
just curious.

I got to do some downhill mountain biking a few years ago, and i didn't know that the company I used could have recorded it. I'm not sure if they had the capability at the time, but they do now. I'd definitely get it done next time if i can get back there.
http://www.gravitybo...om/view?page=12
Check out the photos and the vid clip above of cycling down the worlds most dangerous road. Scared the sh!t out of me in places, and my hands were aching from trying to brake. Great great fun though.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#3 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

http://www.thecollectivefilm.com/

that's the website for the folks that made it. Its about 7 of the best downhill riders in the business and what they do during the four seasons, including competitions and training.

What I liked most about it was the overall feel of the movie. They shot the whole thing on an older format of film (16mm?? something like that, correct me if I'm wrong) that was used a lot back in the day. It's got a bit slower framerate and super color saturation so everything in the film looks super cinematic and has astounding looking color. Woods appear really really lush, dirt is extra brown, dead grass is extra yellow, the bikers' bright clothing really jumps out of the screen. You'd think it would mean bad quality but its really striking when you see a biker in a brilliant red shirt hurtling through these ridiculously green lush woods. Just a nice effect that gives it a larger than life-edness.

Very tasteful use of slo-mo too...so not every single jump, turn, closeup and wipeout is slowed down (like most action sports movies). Just stuff where you'd really want to see it slowed down like ridiculous flips and tricks....but they show it at normal-mo for good measure too. For the most part the guys on the bikes are ripping around normal-mo, which makes for a much better impression on the viewer of the speed with which the bikers are actually traveling.

The film techniques were really cool too and included a lot of heli-filming and cable filming....like they'd get the biker to go do a series of jumps and the camera follows him a bit overhead on a cable at the same speed. With the ground whipping by on film at basically the same velocity as the biker is experiencing, it really sucks you in and makes you feel part of it.

The riders are mostly your typical "duh, like proffesional sports...and stuff" type guys but luckily the film doesn't get bogged down in their retarded philosophizing. It gets right to the good stuff and keeps up an awesome pace all the way through.

Definitely get ahold of it if you can. If yer a biking fan you'll love it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users