• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Snow

#1 User is offline   Boonus 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

1cm of snow.... time to watch the country fall apart!!!
:p

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

We got 12 inches of snow here Wednesday.

I fucking hate snow.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

BREAKING NEWS

SNOW IS COLD

NOW BACK TO THE STUDIO
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

View PostBoonus, on Feb 1 2009, 07:33 PM, said:

1cm of snow.... time to watch the country fall apart!!!
:p

England? :p
Only Two Things Are Infinite, The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm Not Sure About The Former.
Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Feb 1 2009, 12:34 PM, said:

We got 12 inches of snow here Wednesday.

I fucking hate snow.

Oh thank beers, I'm not the only one. I fucking hate winter.

#6 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

The only thing winter is good for is... yep, that's about right.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 01 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

snow is awesome.
bow to the facts good sirs!

#8 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

Snow is not awesome. Snow sucks. Unless you ski or snowmobile, snow is simply a hindrance that is like sand in the fact that it gets everywhere, but is also cold and melts. I hate snow. I hate ice. I hate winter.

#9 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

with you all snow haters... EACH ****ING year everything stops and slowly ****s itself... it get cold and slippery, hard and boring, you (atleast i) louse a day in the weekend when you go skiing and you have to go 5 min erly to the buss...

i got more you snowlovers! :zanth:
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#10 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

Actual ski slopes beat the shit out of dry sky slopes. Imagine falling down a wall of steel skin-removing bristles. It is not an enviroment conducive to learning without getting Illy-grated.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#11 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

What the hell is a dry sky slope?

#12 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

For countries where the water landing on it is too warm to freeze, there are dry ski slopes. Basically a leaning carpet of thickly-packed bristles stuck together in a pattern to resemble the reaction between skis/snowboards and snow. If you fall over, like you do when you're learning, it tends to remove bits of you.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 01 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

#13 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

That sounds stupid.

#14 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Snow? I like it...it's all fluffy and soft and nice.

Until it gets dirty and turns to ice. I fucking hate ICE. Unless it's in my drink, there's no place for it.

#15 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

I want stable temperatures, girls wearing short skirts and skimpy dresses, blossoming trees, getting up while it's light and going home with enough sun to spend dinner and part of the evening on my balcony, hanging my laundry outside instead of putting it in front of the central heating, summer fashion, reading a good book on the beach, a bottle of wine or beer closeby.

None of that can be done in the winter. A year should have 3 seasons only, and that's why I firmly believe global warming isn't all bad.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#16 User is offline   Boonus 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

England?

yes London cant wait for the news on Monday they'll make it sound like Siberia crossed with a nuclear holcaust!!!
:p :p :p

I love the snow... but it does make it very difficult to get around...

#17 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

I love the snow. But hate the cold. I will be rich and famous when I invent warm-temperature snow and abolish winter. We're currently in Phase 3 of development...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#18 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

Snow and winter help keep many wierd things away.

Like worm parasites that live in your blood vessels that can grow to near 3 cm in length. They can't live here because of the cold.
Black Widows can't colonize in cold areas, due to dying in winter. It also keeps other kinds of venomous and dangerous pests at bay.
Keeps very very dangerous diseases (much worse than the cold or flu) away or reduces the threat by stopping the insects that carry them for a few months.
Less insects.
Gives all you weaklings something to complain about.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#19 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

Who's the weakling worried about bugs and diseases, eh?

Bring on the malaria that comes with tropical weather!

#20 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

Snow is terrific...you can eat it, you can make projectiles out of it, you can make it collapse and crush all those who oppose you.

Plus, sometimes work/school closes down.

But I lie in wait for the impending malaria and yellow fever, to crumple my immune system. :p
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users